Author Topic: The Valley: A Large Natural/Cityscape WIP Roleplay Map  (Read 1332 times)

Offline yanderecat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Firey gurly
    • chickeonqueen.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
The Valley: A Large Natural/Cityscape WIP Roleplay Map
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:01:16 pm »
Hello! I'm yanderecat, or as some know me as Chickeon. Recently, I've undertook the massive task of rebooting a roleplay that I never got off the ground. This is the map update thread for it. I've been working three days on it as of writing, in one to two hour spurts.

I think the first thing you should know about me is that when I take on a project, you bet I'm going to go ham on it if I want it to succeed. Maybe a bit too ham, since the map is laggy af. But rest assured! I will be making multiple, roleplay-friendly versions of the map once its finished.

Since I had already made a map prior to the rebooting, I had to make some decisions, as everyone who reboots does. And so, I decided to get rid of every single plant that didn't make up a landmark or camp. Came out odd, but I liked the result. I picked off little pieces at first. I worked on one of the camps, the few outdoor ones. It looks like this:

Compare it to this:

I think its beautiful. It's really what I wanted out of this. It looks less like a bunch of trees and a camp and more like a forest with a camp in it. I personally think the mushrooms on the logs were a nice touch of mine.

For now, I've taken on the most tedious of the tasks: making the rivers more lively. By lively, I mean plants. Plants everywhere. Plants all around the place. So. Much. PLANT. I chose three plants for the river, and have finished one layer (coating?) of them and have just started the process of adding in another.

It looks worse from so high up, but I wanted to show you the size of this thing and how many of this one plant I placed. My dinky laptop only has trouble when I'm facing the camp above, but in-game, it lags little.

If you might be interested in actually playing and roleplaying in this map, consider looking through my site. (https://four-descendant-clans.weebly.com). If a built world, with history, culture, and especially conflict, piques your interest, you're free to join me in this "little" project.

I am looking for map testers, so if you'd like to beta this map and its future, less laggy variants, please join the discord on the site. If you're interested in the roleplay aspect, join the discord as well. Its temporary, until I get everything together.

I'm so happy to bring a map to life, especially one that started out like this:

Any feedback on my work would be appreciated. I barely get enough critique as a regular artist!

Offline mysz

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
Re: The Valley: A Large Natural/Cityscape WIP Roleplay Map
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:59 pm »
Screenshots looks nice! Good job <3
I have bad computer so it will be laggy, but maybe when I get better computer I will dowloand it :)

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 01:09:12 am »
Heck, that's a great looking map you're working on! It's also good to have that kind of motivational energy when you want something to be accomplished. Anyways, I can't wait to see the finished product!

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 01:23:24 am »
The map looks amazing so far! I love when people add a bunch of plants in their maps, little things like that, even if they look crowded at first, really make a good, detailed and realistic forest map. +floof on this one!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 05:02:51 am »
Ooh! This is very neat, great job! When I care and am I'm invested in something, I too glue myself to it with attention and time. I think that kind of drive helps so much when it comes to groups, or any type of project. Best of luck to ya, Yander! Looking forward to seeing this project soar.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline gh0ul

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • ~~Son Fett
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 12:26:34 pm »
The map looks lovely.