Author Topic: Toska Islands (Aspen Hollow WIP Map)  (Read 1791 times)

Offline zillyphyn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • And so, the box cleaned a deadly coffin.
    • bluu-tea
    • creamed-icee
    • View Profile
Toska Islands (Aspen Hollow WIP Map)
« on: February 08, 2020, 03:14:32 am »
Okay so uhm, I thought I'd post this here. If it's not supposed to be here because technically it's only public for people who join Aspen Hollow, then please delete it!! I thought I'd post this anyway seeing as I had posted something similar with Taoli, which was going to be used for a roleplay before being public for everyone to go into. Same situation here, where when we're done with it, it'll be public for everyone to be able to go into. That thread wasn't deleted, so...

So, I have a new set of maps coming up for a Warrior Cats RP I'm working on with a friend, and needed to make a new temp map. I thought I'd share some screenshots, anyway.

Fun fact: The Toska Islands are named after the Russian word, тоска (toska). Google Translate says "yearning", but also found on Quora (where I've also seen elsewhere):

“Toska - noun /ˈtō-skə/ - Russian word roughly translated as sadness, melancholia, lugubriousness.
"No single word in English renders all the shades of toska. At its deepest and most painful, it is a sensation of great spiritual anguish, often without any specific cause. At less morbid levels it is a dull ache of the soul, a longing with nothing to long for, a sick pining, a vague restlessness, mental throes, yearning. In particular cases it may be the desire for somebody of something specific, nostalgia, love-sickness. At the lowest level it grades into ennui, boredom.”

― Vladimir Nabokov

Found it on Google. Thought it'd be fun to note, since I had a similar situation with Taoli.

I'll need it tested eventually, I hope it doesn't lag people with the WoW meshes.
I know the camp looks quite large but, I guess I got carried away and now there's stuff in it I would like to avoid restarting.

anyway, here's some screenshots. i'll include a drive link too, since it would be too much to post here alone.
drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vhxnMI3LN5iTRfx0ypBWxeRxiTDO335z?usp=sharing

hub map - (probably wondering why we have this, it's just to help keep peoples cape from getting flooded with portals from afterlife areas, season updates, etc. i think we'll be keeping it but who knows. plushies are for a scavenger hunt c:)

thistleclan camp

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 03:20:43 am by zillyphyn »

tired bean

SpicyDirt

Re: Toska Islands (Aspen Hollow WIP Map)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 03:41:37 am »
Beautiful map you made there!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:11:20 am »
I absolutely love the look of that hub map! It feels very homey and welcoming. Thank you for sharing these! I wish you the best of luck on finishing the maps =)

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 10:17:58 am »
Aww I love the map so far! The plushies are adorable. Wonderful work, I can't wait to see the finished version!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 10:43:47 pm »
This map looks so cozy and cute. The bushes and trees together really bring the nature look to the map and style. I look forward to seeing the end product!
not active here anymore ♡