Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 53609 times)

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 301
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
Moderator Free October
« on: September 24, 2018, 06:25:26 pm »
Interesting concept no?

Lets call it a test / trial and forum operations will continue as usual. In-game however you will have no moderators.

Nope I'm not crazy of course something is being put in place. Note: if its not working it may not even be a whole month.

I know there are a lot of you out there who provide reports etc back to the staff.

Well for the month of October and maybe beyond. You the community will be in charge of self moderation.

How is it going to work?

Well from your point of view as a community member you have a very simple job to do. If you see someone or something that shouldn't be going on block the person.

The system in place will identify people being blocked. It will assign bans accordingly. I'm not going to give too much insight to its workings for now as things may change as more information is collected and to prevent any attempts at abuse of the system.

So I guess what it boils down to is can you guys keep a clean and friendly environment? Or do you actually require people to sit and watch you?

Roll on October!

Raz
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:27:09 pm by razmirz »
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline lolzcupcake

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Oh, Hi there.
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 07:17:39 pm »
I'm going to be honest here. This is a really bad idea. Yes there are a few older members on this game that can handle this. While others are not. I can see this being used to target and bully people. Someone just needs a lot of accounts, and a bully online will waste all the time in the world to do this. Even get friends in on it to spam block people. While I love to put faith and trust into people, I really do I just know how mean teens (Being I was a rather spit fire teen myself) can be mean to each other, younger members and so on. With my line of work I have to deal with the public a lot, and there are things you would never think you would have to say to people (Like 'Please don't throw rocks at the wolves'). I know without the code the game can't change much but a chat filter would honestly be the best 'No Mod' needed type thing.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 07:58:22 pm »
Literally what the hell, Raz.

It's bad enough that the moderating system was faulty in it's own ways, but you really think this is any better? This decision was so careless.

You do not involve yourself in the game, nor do you involve yourself in the community to actually know what is or isn't going to work. You run the server, you can do things with it that no one else really can, but in NO WAY is it right to make decisions by yourself willy-nilly that will effect the entire game in one way. To not even consult the rest of the staff TEAM about this? You know what the word "team" means, right? I mean... what the flipping heck do you think you're doing? Why would abuse your server power like this? Just... why?

Also, what KovuLKD wanted? Since when were you pro-LKD? Years have passed since him, SO much has changed, and there is no way where this could possibly work effectively without people abusing it, and without people being able to get out of the situation if they were targeted. Like "oh let's all block this person to get them banned", I know for a fact that RP's with drama/beef with their members will do this. Even groups of friends who may have fallen out with an individual will even do this. ESPECIALLY when this game is full of kids/minors. That's why this game and it's players NEED moderator supervision.

There's no swear detection in this game, there's no automatic ban, kick, or warning system, it's all so very VERY manual. The only thing automatic about this banning system now is the fact that it can be done through a person being blocked several times?? This isn't right. It can't be justified. I'm pretty sure my level of anger about this is perfectly justified given the lack of detail of how in ANY way this could be effective.

This has to go.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:00:12 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Anesthetic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Hello, Precious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 08:01:17 pm »
It seems like someone is upset about the way the community is being? Raz? This is definitely not the way to handle it.

Okay look, your idea of this "No-babysitting" is not well thought out, now is it? Yes people can block but you are giving little to no other system at all for implementation. What about those who can glitch it and unblock? What about the relationship between FH and the staff themselves, no regulation, no conversation, no nothing of that sort? Unless you don't care much for the community's interaction between FH staff (no I am legit asking, some Admins couldn't care less about relationships between staff and player-base)? I see this being more like: Okay, there's a game, it's open to whoever and do whatever. There is no other point, no other purpose, no helping to stimulate a HEALTHY community (which by the way have you seen the in-game people? Oh my gosh, more toxic than ever).

Your staff lack already. They do a good job at being friendly, I guess? But being a MOD and a staff member - there is SO much more to it. It's to help, in this case, stimulate a healthy and friendly community, show the player-base you care, and trust me, many players do not feel the staff care, just because you "solve" complaints does not mean you care - you care to an extent sure, but about your players or growing the base? I doubt this. If not, PROVE OTHERWISE, PLEASE. What kind of game are you running? You are a server Admin, but I do not see you much otherwise, this include Game Manager or even Community Manager.

We will see how this goes, but, I do not see the MODs as useless or whatever the case may be. You have a community here now take care of it.

P.S: Forum community is vastly different than in-game, and, you want this game to be for children? Then EXPECT CHILDREN.... you might have to watch them, what did you expect?

ALSO P.S: Uh.... Yeah since when you did you care about Kovu? Back then you two might've been close, and yes he wanted to limit the staff but that is why he had a REPORT BUTTON. He had other systems he wanted to impliment, you are limited in that, so what are you doing? You have to adapt to the changes given, or give this to someone else that can handle it.

This is why Kovu left, I get it, he might've been "destroying" the game in your eyes, but what the hell gives you the RIGHT to just take over the server like that, this is not YOUR game and it never was - you just happen to have control of the server. You took over the server to help prevent the community from drifting like this, now just because you get rid of things doesn't mean you're fixing anything. 600 Players back in 2011, now down to average about 150-200. Limiting registration and taking the whole "hacking" situation out of hand, was it worth losing so many players - not to mention advertising or even registering new players, now you have a toxic community in-game and.... boy this is just a mess, you need some staff to HELP. You can do better Raz.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:20:25 pm by Anesthetic »
Sig (c) Me

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 08:06:51 pm »
The system in place will identify people being blocked. It will assign bans accordingly. I'm not going to give too much insight to its workings for now as things may change as more information is collected and to prevent any attempts at abuse of the system.
I have some concerns, but they probably fall under the theme of the system's workings, and I'm not sure how much insight is too much insight.

What happens if somebody tries to block themselves out of curiosity? Or blocks someone who simply annoys them? What happens if the server is overloaded with people blocking others? Or if someone runs around a group while it is roleplaying, then is temporarily blocked by the group so that the group has no bustle for the duration of their roleplay.

What happens if everybody thinks "The next person will take care of it."?

I won't mention any names, but I've blocked somebody who's been using that chat glitch where words overlap other messages in chat, if they don't need a ban for that then do I unblock the person so they aren't banned? Or does the system not ban users who are already blocked at the time it takes effect?

As much as I like robots, as much as I believe the world is more high-tech than I know it is, robots can't replace humans when it comes to moderating.
People could find a way to get around the failsafes.
There's no knowing how many people won't know this is in place, there'd be an unpredictable amount of rulebreakers going un-punished.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:43:56 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 08:08:18 pm »
Raz, stop this. Please. This isn't right! Whatever the heck went on, it wasn't this community's fault! This whole game is literally going to break apart because of this....whatever the heck this is! What the heck happened to you???? Do you not care at all what goes on here? Why keep this game running, why put ANY EFFORT into it then...if this was how you were going to destroy it??? You can't freaking act on your own like this! You NEED a staff team! You can't do this on your own! Please Raz....for the love of all that is holy please reconsider....

Offline Kryvul

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • http://kryvul.deviantart.com/
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 08:09:30 pm »
The staff members should be there to uphold the community and take reports. Not leave this to a faulty, easily abused system. If what I'm understanding is correct, when someone is blocked the system will issue a ban accordingly? What does that mean for the people who have never broken a rule, but have a bad reputation? That isn't justified to any degree! Especially because before the block these people could have gotten baited into an argument, even with no rule breaking.

If this thing is literally going to be implemented, I have to say this is the worst thing to happen to the game yet! And you're driving us all there without a thought nor care.

Signature and profile (C) Bawfle
Check out her work here: http://bawfle.deviantart.com/

Offline Fifteen

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • yello
    • 15Barkers
    • channel/UC7c12IAk4e4Il7pcg-BapFg
    • fllfteen
    • fifteenislame/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 08:10:08 pm »

Offline AmaltheaArts

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I'm back, baby!
    • AmaltheaArts
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 08:23:39 pm »
I'm gonna be really honest about this.

This is a terrible idea. Horrible. There are a lot of ways this system can be mistreated and abused - someone with a grudge can EASILY get someone banned. I'm sure people will stop logging on because of this, too.

I'm very against this policy. Things were (sort of) fine before; I don't see why you'd need to implement something like this. Especially if you haven't consulted your staff team. It's a team for a reason.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 08:25:26 pm »
R.I.P.  We all die.  *conspiracy theories*.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"