Poll

Is it worth creating a pack in FeralHeart these days?

YES
NO
Maybe (comment please)

Author Topic: Is it worth creating a pack?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
Is it worth creating a pack?
« on: November 24, 2018, 12:11:44 pm »
For a while now, I was thinking about creating a pack.
Though, I'm not sure if It's worth it.
My main concern is the inactivity and people leaving very fast or not joining at all.

I'm curious what you guys have to say about this, is it worth the shot or no?

If you had some experiences with creating packs, let me know how that went and what other opinions about it you might have.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline Arkham_Scout

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Yes, I am back
    • View Profile
    • my toyhou.se
Re: Is it worth creating a pack?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 12:27:34 pm »
I know a lot inactivate groups. heck I'm still in an inactive group, it's not easy to keep an group active. these days. it's worth a shot if you want to do it, and people leave the group that's okay. you can get more members

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 12:32:59 pm »
I know a lot inactivate groups. heck I'm still in an inactive group, it's not easy to keep an group active. these days. it's worth a shot if you want to do it, and people leave the group that's okay. you can get more members

Yeah, that's one of my concerns. I stopped joining groups for that reason specifically. AND some groups are mostly on Discord and rarely in-game which is annoying to me lol

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 12:40:18 pm »
Really depends on what type of pack you want to make. Just 1 pack? 2 packs? 3? Strictly wolves? Strictly dogs? Both wolves and dogs? How realistic? How unrealistic? Mapped? Mapless? How is it going to catch other's attention.
Merrp

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• Community Champion
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 12:46:28 pm »
Really depends on what type of pack you want to make. Just 1 pack? 2 packs? 3? Strictly wolves? Strictly dogs? Both wolves and dogs? How realistic? How unrealistic? Mapped? Mapless? How is it going to catch other's attention.

I find it the best to stick to only one pack, and perhaps join RPs with other packs in-game.
As for my pack, I am thinking about creating a wolf pack, not too realistic, mainly because I feel like that throws people off a bit, since we all sometimes want to have ''cool'' and ''unique'' characters, without them having to be a specific way. Of course nothing too unrealistic with neon colors, etc.

Offline Pawfreak

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • I don't have any paws, actually...
    • www.deviantart.com/pawfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 07:31:50 pm »
Depends. Most wolf packs die fast, but from what I know and noticed, the reasons seems to  be the same. The game is pretty much overrun of canine oriented groups, whenever you enter a map, there is bound to be at least 1 pack roleplaying, or nothing. So this means there would be a lot of competition, right?

Unfortunately not. One of the main reasons I leave wolf packs (and stopped roleplaying in packs too) is that normally they rather only roleplay between themselves.
So this means most groups only focus in, well, 1 group, and rather not meddle with other groups (having allies/rivals),
and that's a major downside.
One of the most exciting things about wolf packs, for me, is their relationship with other animals/wolves. But most groups nowadays? Prefer not to have to talk with anyone but their own members. Since there is no confrotation, they mostly roleplay their lazily laying around or pretending to catch a NPC prey. All I have to say about this, is... BORING! If there are no danger, or anything to waste all of the adrenaline rush, them it's only a "Lay around simulator" for me. And you know how many FH RPs are "lay around simulators"? A lot. Really. When I want to join a animal roleplay I'm not looking to sit near the den and socialize with other members. Normally I'm looking to act as an animal, feel hunger, thirst, having to confront and compete for territory and food. And in the middle of all that action, socialize. This is one of the few things I like in warrior cats groups, since they are clan-oriented, there will always be confrotation between clans. It's a shame I'm not a fan of housecats, really.

Another issue is originality. Since there are a lot of wolf packs, repeating ideas was bound to happen. Which means you can easily hop in groups with not much change. So if you want your members to stick to your group, you will have to offer something unique.

Download my Presets! (https://www.tinyurl.com/pawfreak)
Sig by Pocketmutt