Author Topic: Duna's Guides/Tutorials  (Read 1884 times)

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Duna's Guides/Tutorials
« on: September 15, 2013, 11:46:16 pm »
Some short easy steps to become literate

Alot of people want to become literate, but they don't even know the first step. So, I took the time to think up a guide to help the illiterates become literate, or at least semi literate. Just follow the step by step instruction, and if you did it right, you should be able to improve your literacy more.
  First, don't type so fast like your in a rush. If you are in a hurry, take your time. Typing fast just makes your typing worse.

Second, stop the text talk. You might like it, but trust me, nobody likes it. It is hard to read, and it shows you don't care how you type things. If you don't know how to spell something, don't text talk, just try your best.

Third, use punctuation, such as . ! ? " and so on. Punctuation is extremely useful in seperating sentences from speech and other sentences.

Fourth, be creative in your writing. Don't just type 4 boring sentences: He woke up. He walked outside. He killed prey. He ate the prey. Be creative! Add some details to your sentence!

Fifth, start capitalizing things. Don't type: henry nodded and walked outside. his clothes had dried from the storm. You all probably should have known this since 1st grade, but capitalize the beginning of a sentence.

Sixth, don't rush into strictly literate rps. Slowly climb the ladder. If you go into those literate rps, you would be like, "What did you just say?" "What does that word mean?" Start with rps that allow illiterates, then once you learn more, start joining semi literates. After you learn more, join literate rps!

Seventh, literacy is NOT just about big posts and big vocab. It is also avoiding powerplay, autohit, insta-kill, and god mod. That means don't kill someone on the first post by turning into a dragon and breathing fire on them.

Eighth, NO WOLFSPEAK! Wolfspeak is a huge No, No in the world of literacy. Wolf speak is basicly using words that don't even match the body part your talking about. Banner for a tail. It would be cool to have a flag on your tail, but still, it is wolfspeak. There is a topic in the Game Discussion thread that explains more about Wolfspeak, and all the words for Wolf-Speak.

I hope this helped, and I hope you people struggling with becoming literate are on the road to Literacy!

Dinosaur Rp Tutorials

NOTE: I got the idea to do this from Lady Alizarin's realistic rp guides, Thanks Lady!*
Dinosaur rps might not be as popular as wolves r Warrior cats, but just because they aren't extremely popular doesn't mean I shouldn't make a guide for them.

--Dinosaur Hunting/Eating Habits--
I wasn't alive during Dino Days so don't flame me if you don't think what I post is right. It is just what I got from my many dino books and studies.
-Raptor Hunting, Eating, Fighting, and Rasing Young tactics-
So you all think Velociraptors are 5 feet tall because it was in Jurassic Park. No. Velociraptors and other raptors were smaller, and feathered to leap into the air and hang onto their prey. The only raptor I know of that is bigger than a human and real was a Utahraptor. Velociraptors, Utahraptors and other types of raptors would chase their, search for the weakest in the herd or group, and attempt to separate it from the herd. After separating it they will surround it and leap onto their side, flank, and rarely, the head. A lone raptor will attempt to take down tiny prey, such as lizards. A lone raptor will also feast on carcasses taken down by other predators. If a raptor is challenged while feasting on a carcass, they will try to defend it. But if there is more than one opponent OR the opponent is bigger, the raptor will flee to a safe distance and wait until the opponent(s) has finished eating. If the opponent is a raptor pack, the loner will attempt to play it cool to get accepted into the pack.
 Raptor fighting tactics. A raptor is deadly in a fight. Their weapons include: The sickle claw on their back foot, Teeth, and Claws. Most raptors are feathered, and will leap through the air and attempt to throw their opponent to the ground. Raptors will not instantly go for the throat, but will attempt to tire their opponent by running around and leaping onto it. If it's opponent is much bigger, they will leap onto it, and attempt to make as many injuries, and run off and wait for the opponent to bleed to death. But if the opponent is T-Rex sized the raptors will not fight, but instead flee. Extremely large raptor packs might challenge this opponent, but if engaged in battle they will go for the flank, side or even stomach to avoid the teeth. A lone Raptor will not attempt to fight an enemy, but if the enemy is the same raptor breed as them, they might try to join the pack. If a lone raptor is engaged in a fight, they will fight until they know they might lose or die.

Raptor Parenting Tactics. Raptors are the smartest known dinosaurs, and know how to raise their young. Dinosaurs are NOT mammals and don't feed their young on milk. Instead the mother will leave the chicks and go hunting. If the hunt is successful the mother will grab some meat and bring it back to the chicks, leaving the rest of the pack to eat. After the mother knows her chicks are full, she will go back and eat. If the chicks are threatened by another raptor, the mother will fight until the pack comes to help. If the mother is a loner she will fight until one raptor gives in or dies. The chicks stay with their mother for about 2 years. If the chicks grew up in a pack, the females will stay while one male stays, and any other males leave. The one male stays as he will become the next leader if the lead male dies or loses in a fight for leadership. If the chicks grew up a loner, the chicks will stay with their mother and form a pack, unless they joined a pack before they grew up. If so, they do the same as pack-hatched chicks.
 Raptor Hierachy. Raptors might have been the smartest dinosaurs known, but they didn't have specific ranks for specific raptors. There was the Lead Male and Female and a Beta male and female. The rest were normal raptors. The whole pack feasted together, instead of one at a time.

How Sauropods Eat, Fight, etc.~
Sauropod eating tactics--
Sauropods were long necked, long tailed dinosaurs. Sauropods also hold the record for tallest dinosaur, longest dinosaur AND heaviest dinosaur! These were all 'won' by different dinosaurs. Sauropods used their long necks to reach into the tallest trees to eat the leaves. After eating the leaves the Sauropod would then get to the ground and search for stones/pebbles. They would then swallow the rocks. Their digestive system wasn't the best, so they needed these rocks and stones to help grind the plant matter. This seems crazy, but it's true. What would humans do if our digestive system was just like a sauropod? Eat rocks maybe? Sure.
Sauropod fighting tactics--
Sauropods didn't have sharp teeth or claws to help defend themselves with. They weren't fast, so they had to use what mother nature gave them. They had on their side: Weight, a long neck, herds, and a long tail. Most Sauropods evolved during the Jurassic Period, about 150 million years ago. And if Sauropods got big, the predators got big. The Sauropods used their long tail to 'whip' their opponents. And if the predator got too close to the head they would swing their long neck back and forth, hoping to wound the opponent. But one of their most deadly weapons was their weight. The Sauropods was the heaviest group of dinosaurs that ever lived. If a Sauropod reared up (They can -.-) and a predator was just dumb enough to be under it, they could be crushed by their almost unrealistic weight.
Sauropod Parenting tactics--
Sauropods weren't the best parents. They would dig a hole in the ground and lay their eggs there. After laying them the mother would bury them, wish them the best, then go back to her herd, leaving the eggs no protection but the ground. If a baby Sauropod happened to come to the herd, the matriarch (Lead female) would raise it until it could care for itself, then leave.

Hadrosaur eating, fighting, raising their young tactic--
First of all, they DON'T have duck-bills. Their mouths were only shaped like it.
Hadrosaur eating tactics--
Hadrosaurs have flat mouths. They have hundreds of tiny teeth called 'batteries'. No not because they hold energy. They are SORT OF shaped like batteries. The Maiasaura holds the record for most teeth of any dinosaur. The Maiasaur with the most teeth had 960 teeth! The only way a human could have that much teeth was if our teeth were tiny.

Hadrosaur Fighting Tactics
Hadrosaurs teeth were flat, but that doesn't mean they were defenseless. Hadrosaurs had a 'spike' thumb that they would 'spike' their enemies with. Some hadrosaurs (if not all) had powerful tail muscles that they could swing as hard as a pro. baseball player. One swing from that can send a careless raptor flying. Some Hadrosaur (Such as parasaurolophus) had a hollow crest on their head that allowed them to bellow through to warn their herd of nearby danger.

Hadrosaur Parenting Tactics--
Hadrosaurs were serious when it comes to raising young. When the Hadrosaur females in the herd were ready to lay eggs, the female will make a mound in the ground with a hole in the middle. They will then lay their eggs. They will place plants, leaves, and ferns on the eggs to incubate them. They will then sit on them. The mothers will also leave the nest to get food and plants for the eggs. When the eggs hatch the mothers will care for them until they can properly walk. Once the hatchling can walk the herd moves on.

Guide to Literacy

Illiterate: This is a common insult that usually literates or semi literates use on innocent people who don't use correct punctuation or any of that. Illiterate's posts are usually 1-3 sentences long and their words sometimes can't be understood. Here is an example of an illiterate post: walks on shore catchs to fish Hey everyone look what i have! If you didn't notice in that post, the words after Hey where what the cat said and the walking on shore and catching the fish was the rp part. In rp battles, illiterates commonly auto-hit and power-play.

Semi literates: Semi literates aren't as good as literates, but decently better than illiterates. Semi literate's posts are usually 3-6 sentences long, and rarely over one post. Semi literates do use punctuation, but sometimes misspell a letter, and are commonly found fixing it with a *. Here is an example of a semi literate post: She trotted along the shore. She saw two fish nearby. She turned and leapt on them, claws unsheathed, "Hey everyone! Look at what I have!" Better to understand right? Semi literates sometimes do auto-hit but usually don't power play.

Literates: Literates are like the best of the best. Literate's posts usually last 2-3 POSTS long, rarely shorter. Literates usually never misspell, but if they do they will fix it after that post with a *. Literates use dictionary words, words that you would find in 8th grade science class. Here is an example of the same scenario, but literate: The ebon felid trod along the sandy unstable terra. Her opticals caught two trout near the shore. Turning she crouched. Springing back form solid back appendages she unsheathed her retractiles and they pierced both fishs' scales. She dragged them ashore and her words rang towards camp, "Hey everyone! Look at what I have!" Some words you probably didn't understand there. Literates never auto-hit and never power-play.

Auto Hitting: People usually never notice this. If you are in an rp fight, this is an example of auto hitting: (Wrong Way) He slashed the wolf's eye making them instantly blind. (Right Way) He attempted to slash the wolf's eye, hoping they would be blind. Get the difference?

Powerplaying: Considered one of the worst ways to rp, powerplaying is basicly making your character have unrealistic powers that the same species would never have. Here is an example: He rams the dragon so hard their spine ribs and neck all shatter! It pains me to type such an rp.

Wolf Speakers(requested by Umi and Starrk): These are people that make up/use fake words and deem themselves literate and start joining literate rps like crazy. The words they use don't make too much sense, and some mean other words that don't even mean the body part they are describing. Some literate rps do not accept Wolf-Speakers. You can be literate without using WolfSpeak. Here are a few examples of wolfspeak words, and what they 'mean' to wolfspeakers: Pillar (supposedly the leg), Dagger (The tooth/claw), Banner (The Tail I think), Orb (The eye), Radio (Who came up with this? The Ear). Those were examples of wolfspeak words, and what wolfspeakers think they mean.

I will be updating this commonly.