Author Topic: Oreoz's Guide for Newbies (Updated)  (Read 6442 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Oreoz's Guide for Newbies (Updated)
« on: September 10, 2013, 12:20:20 am »
Oreoz's Stupid Guide ::)

Hey all you floofs out there. I was bored, so I thought I would make this...just to help those who don't know how to do the stuffies around here.

So I thought I would make a guide for those newbies out there, and I hope you learn something from this. Yeah this is lame.

How to Modify a Post

Have you ever wondered how floofs edit their post? Instead of double-posting, you can modify your post! It's pretty simple. All you have to do is click the word "Modify" on the right hand side of your post.

1. To modify your post like I said.
2. If you want to quickly modify your post, click that.

-End-

How to put a link in words

Instead of just giving a link like: www.feral-heart.com, why not put a link in words? For example: Instead of just typing out "www.feral-heart.com", why not put this instead: "Feral Heart"? They both a link in them, but the second one looks more smexy.

How to do so:

1)Copy the url link. "www.feral-heart.com"
2)Now put in this code:
Code: [Select]
[url=][/url]3)But paste the url next to the "=" and then close it with "]". That done, type in the words you want them to represent.
4) Example: Feral Heart  (Quote my post here to see)
Thank you LordSuragaha for teaching me how to do so!

-End-

How to insert images in your post

Ever wonder how floofs post pictures in their posts? Well, you don't have to think anymore! Just follow the steps below, and hopefully your image shows!

- Taking a image from the web -

Say you're browsing through the google images, and you see something nice show up:

Attractive, isn't it? Anyway, so, I want to post it in my RP. So I would just right click it, look down till I see "Copy image URL". Click that, then return to your post. Paste the url image there, but before the url image, type in:

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gxq5uJIKars/S1kbVecdxcI/AAAAAAAACQU/KEyK_6ZT1yQ/s640/RedFox.jpgg[/IMG]
Like that. But paste your image url into the middle of "[ IMG ]  [ /IMG ]"  (Ignore the spaces).

-End-

-From your computer - Uploading images -

Now to uploading images from your computer/laptop, etc. So save the picture you want to upload, and make sure you remember what folder you placed it in. Go to TinyPic or some website that can upload images you like. I'm going to use TinyPic since it's the main tool I use. After uploading the image, copy:

After copying it, paste it into your post and it should appear.

-End-

How to chance the size and the font of your post

Ever wanted to know how to do this? Well look no further - here is your answer!

Firstly, to change the size, simply insert this:

[size=10pt][/size]
You don't necessarily have to put the number "10" as your size - feel free to chance it as long as it isn't spamming the pages! MAKE SURE YOU PUT DOWN THE "PT" AFTER THE NUMBER.

Font

This is basically like the size, instead, there is no "pt" or number in the code.

Make sure you know how to spell your font, or it won't show!

[font=Garamond][/font]
As said, you can change the font to whatever you want, but make sure you can spell it!

-End-

How to make a image have a link in it!

So, how do you put a link into a image? Pretty easy.

[url=][IMG][/IMG][/url]
If you need a picture:

Now:

[url=http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=39089.0][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_gxq5uJIKars/S1kbVecdxcI/AAAAAAAACQU/KEyK_6ZT1yQ/s640/RedFox.jpgg[/IMG][/url]
But instead of my urls, paste your own! It should look like this:

And then click it to go to the link.

I thank LordSuragaha for teaching me how to do this!

-End-

Feel free to ask me for any help at all if you're struggling! Thanks for viewing this~
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:13:38 pm by OreoHeroz »

ThrillexForLife

Re: Just something I thought I would post... (Oreoz's Guide)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 12:27:01 am »
What a helpful guide. This would be really helpful for the newbies or the guest, if they don't know this. xD Well, once again, thanks for this. It's really helpful. :3 -Floof-

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 05:15:52 am »
A helpful tutorial, indeed. I have been noticing that some floofs take no use in the "Modify" button mostly because they probably haven't a clue what it is truly used for, but with this lit'le guide, I'm sure they'll understand perfectly well. Everything else is sweet, simple, and to the point. ~ Nicely done, Oreoz. ^^

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 12:26:57 pm »
Thank you for sharing your helpful thread :3 Surely floofs will now know some tuts here nao, Nice tutorial there floof +flooof

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:16:53 pm »
Really helpful guide, even for me. xD Sometimes I forgot to modify my posts and to a double one, thank you for this. Plus, I was hearing "Ylvis - The Fox [Official music video HD]" While seeing this xD.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Oreoz's Guide (Updated)
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 10:14:34 pm »
What a helpful guide. This would be really helpful for the newbies or the guest, if they don't know this. xD Well, once again, thanks for this. It's really helpful. :3 -Floof-

Thanks for the comment & the floof!

A helpful tutorial, indeed. I have been noticing that some floofs take no use in the "Modify" button mostly because they probably haven't a clue what it is truly used for, but with this lit'le guide, I'm sure they'll understand perfectly well. Everything else is sweet, simple, and to the point. ~ Nicely done, Oreoz. ^^

Agreed, and thanks to you too, .exe!

Thank you for sharing your helpful thread :3 Surely floofs will now know some tuts here nao, Nice tutorial there floof +flooof

Hehe your welcome :3 Thank you for the floofie as well

Really helpful guide, even for me. xD Sometimes I forgot to modify my posts and to a double one, thank you for this. Plus, I was hearing "Ylvis - The Fox [Official music video HD]" While seeing this xD.

D'aw. You're welcome and thanks xD

Updated 9/14/13

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 03:25:05 am »
I found this very helpful :3

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 04:58:59 am »
What does the fox say?! XD My bro showed me this anywaay Great tutorial update Oreoz :3 surely floofs will luff this

Signature by Sophie-Feathersong on dA

Find me ingame as ^Blurryface^