Author Topic: My Suggestions.  (Read 1901 times)

Offline FlewToTheCity

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
  • Mother Wolf
    • FlewToTheCity2
    • comandoness
    • View Profile
My Suggestions.
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:31:35 am »
Greetings everyone,

Gosh it has been a while since I have been on this board, I am still deeply sorry for my last topic.
I am hoping to bring some light and some inspiration upon this one.

As I am starting to dabble back into this game I notice the lack of members we have now compared to back in the day, I may not have many suggestions at the moment but I shall add them to this topic once/if I think of more.

Suggestions Board
My first suggestion is a Suggestions board, Specifically made for ideas/improvements of the game from the general public. I see the 'Discussion' boards are said for this, but myself would rather just one where we can list all our improvements in one topic. I am sure it isn't that hard to split up a 'post' into two sections by using the Horizontal Rule.

As that was a minor suggestions lets jump into the more serious ones I am here for.

The General Chat.
I am well aware that the general chat has been out of use to all public maps since the crack down on 'Trolls' back in the day, but seeing the numbers in each map now only reaches probably about 60-100 people I don't see this as much of an issue now. I am sure like myself, many of us miss the fun times of the general chat and I personally think it is time for it to make a come back within the game. Feralheart only hits about 400-600 people at a time now and sits constantly around 300-200 people actively through the day and with our Staff listing at the moment I am sure it wont be such a massive task to handle.

Sponsorship/Advertisement.
Speaking of the numbers of the game, It is rather strange seeing the game sit on 200-300 people actively throughout the day, back when I had joined on my very first account I remember it hitting at least 1,000 and more actively throughout the days. The community would thrive and the role play selection within the game would be endless, the enjoyment of teaching the new members the ways of the game would be highlights of my days. As of today, the 24th of February 2018, Jumping on the game is rather upsetting. I thank the people who have stuck around to keep this game running as this is a big childhood memory of mine and I am sure many others, But seeing about 30 people sitting occasionally silent within the 'Main' map is rather depressing I would say. We need our numbers to rise again and become the lively, enjoyable game it use to be, Hence why I think we need invest in Advertisement or Sponsorship once the staff/community is happy with the new updates (Site and Game). I am aware we may lack in money but I am sure the well dedicated members to this community would wish the same and pass a few spare coins if in need to keep the game thriving.

The Loading Banner's
Thinking of this just as I type, The loading banners of the game display the efforts of our Community Patch Builders work. Which is stunning as it is, but I did enjoy studding the artwork of the 'original' game. I think our advanced artists of the community should pitch in with our next patch as it is currently being worked on to create some art of the Staff's Characters and perhaps the Builders or their own Characters. As for the starting up picture of 'Kovu' upon the game, I am aware it may need to stay for copyright reasons but as far as I am aware, Raz is the main man who dedicates everything towards this game and in my opinion we may need to do a switch-a-roo in the future time.

As for now, That is all. I will/may be adding more ideas/suggestions in the future, please add your opinions on the few I have listed so far. I am welcoming all opinions in this matter and I will take all into consideration. Thank you in advance for listening and giving my suggestions/ideas some thought.

Avatar by Atrociious | Signature by Scottishy

Valar.Morghulis

Re: My Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 11:22:53 am »
These are some really good suggestions!
I agree with the General chat thing. People are advertising in local and movies now, so general chat won't be such an issue if they get it back!
I think we should get General back, It was the best thing back in the day! And people won't advertise that much like they used to anyways!
Also, it's great for all members of the community to talk with each other, as it is easier to meet new people that way!

Offline Melatonin

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 02:10:00 pm »
Fantastic ideas! I was actually thinking about ads for FH the other day ^^

Offline LexiChan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 02:31:00 pm »
I really love those ideas, especially on the sponsorship. I also see people in the grounds doing nothing... it's kinda boring... FeralHeart seems lifeless... that's very sad :<

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 03:59:10 pm »
I really love those ideas, especially on the sponsorship. I also see people in the grounds doing nothing... it's kinda boring... FeralHeart seems lifeless... that's very sad :<

I'm pretty sure that most people are just Afk xD I am afk right now and I don't even know if I'm in game or not lmao

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 04:17:44 pm »
I myself love the ideas of having splash screens maybe made by members of the community. It would allow them to get more involved I feel. Plus give us some awesome art to look at while we wait for our games to load!

The idea for the suggestions board...I gotta say we basically already have those. General Chat, many people (myself included) have suggested they should bring it back. Whether that will happen or not....we don't know. As for the advertisement....I don't think that would be a good idea. This game has always been free to play and I don't think there should be any payments now, especially since KovuLKD has left, It's a non profit game and it should stay this way. The advertisements have really always been people making YouTube videos, Tumblr blogs, art on DeviantArt, etc and I think that's enough advertisement in itself.

You do have very lovely suggestions though, and it was great of you to post them!

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 07:09:44 am »
Weren't the map loading screens selected from the community in a long ago age?
Maybe there could be contest or something...

And when i encourage people to try interacting with each other rather than typing "I'm bored" before they go AFK for half an hour i get labeled an attention pony.
Yeah how's that isolationist culture working for ya'll huh?  Hence new people seem to add me as friend a lot.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"