Author Topic: Blacklisted?  (Read 3399 times)

Silentstep

Blacklisted?
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:23:52 am »
Every time I try to get on the Forum on my home computer, it gives me a 403 Forbidden error and says I'm blacklisted. Is this happening for just me or others? I don't recall being banned or getting a message or anything...

Offline hannah

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Blacklisted?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 11:51:50 am »
if you're trying to sign into the site itself  that is disabled,  or atleast doesn't work anymore.

Silentstep

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 12:15:39 pm »
It happens when I just try to get on the site, not log in. And yet on my iPod I can get on fine...

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 12:19:20 pm »
  A blacklisted IP address means that your IP has been marked as bad. Nothing can really be done about it I don't think. Either change your IP (Which a lot of people can not do) or try and see if you can get a mod to unblacklist it but I don't know if they can even do that.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Silentstep

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 02:02:42 pm »
I never even got a notification about being banned. But if I am banned, I'd like to know what I did. And it seems I'm only banned from the forum, not the game itself.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 02:34:52 pm »
  It's not a ban... It means that the security thing for the forum is saying your IP address is bad, like a spam bot, or something like that, never said banned.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Silentstep

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 04:04:21 pm »
Well as far as I know, I'm not a spambot. Maybe it was a mistake?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »
Different IPs get blacklisted for a reason, as mentioned earlier, it could have been something like the SMF database have seen your IP been put on the blacklist somewhere else, and it moved on here since we use SMF.

Some internet providers give out the same ips on different instances, for example, if you are at a college network, they sometimes have 1 single IP for a wider area in the college that more than 1 person use. Some towns or houses use the same connections at times, depending on the internet provider.

You never got banned by us on the forum, neither do anyone think you are a spambot, but you are using an IP that's been infact "Blacklisted" for one reason or another.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Silentstep

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 02:12:55 am »
Okay, well is there something the admins can do to un-blacklist me? And why was I blacklisted? Wouldn't those who run the site know why?

Edit: And now it seems I can get on fine. Odd.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:05:06 pm by Cub7 »