Author Topic: Feedback - Newsletter #1  (Read 7625 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Feedback - Newsletter #1
« on: June 27, 2019, 07:17:27 pm »
Thank you for coming to give us feedback, it's always appreciated it.
Please fill out the format down below:

Questions:
Concerns:
Suggestions:
Other:

Each answer will be looked into to the best of our abilities.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:32:42 pm by Jango_Fett »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback - Newsletter #1
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 09:39:48 pm »
Great work MOTS! The thread looks wonderful. Thank you guys for your assistance with this <3 Looking forward to all the community feedback!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 09:46:06 pm »
All right here we go boys
Questions: What does it mean by merging all the art boards? Does this include game media?
Concerns: Because the MOTS changes every few months, does that mean all control of the newsletter will be handed to the new MOTS's each time?
Suggestions: I think the forum itself needs more renovations. Things are all over the place and have been for a few years and I think it would be helpful to have someone actively in charge of editing the forums at all time.
Other: I love you all <3

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 10:05:27 pm »
Questions: When will staff be asking for regular members for translation help? I would think the sooner the better, as long as the rules are completed.

Concerns: N/A - might edit.

Suggestions: All though I am very happy this board was made, I feel a lot more collaboration will be needed between both MOTS and staff to ensure community involvement. Why not pin specific threads in “MOTS Newsletters,” such as “Map Suggestions,” etc. in order to keep things orderly? Responses from the poll could also be relayed in thread specific to their subject. Similar, I think renaming the board to “MOTS Proposals” or something like “MOTS Articles” would allow for more creativity in this board-—things like staff interviews, community interviews, etc.

I also wish to take the time to stress my belief that getting rid of the post count requirement for MOTS would get some new faces in here. It would help to bridge the gap between the forum and game community. I understand the arguments against this, but I just want to mention it again.

Also, I cannot say how much the forum seriously needs help. Recruit a team to help aesthetically fix the forum. Get rid of the “dots” overlapping information. Please. I will personally help.

Other: Just because they left their positions, doesn’t mean that Esarosa and Valar do not deserve recognition for their help. You both are deserving of a ton of love, and I am proud of you both. Thank you for your contributions. <3

@WolfQueen - This will be passed down to the MOTS every new season! Consider it a way for MOTS to transmit any information they feel is beneficial to the public.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 10:30:08 pm »
Suggestions: Myself and plenty of other members have always wondered if the markings would ever be re-organized and put in alphabetical order, I personally have already done this for myself because I like the way it looks and I was planning on making a mod for it but thought why not see if it would be added into the next patch instead? I could very much help with doing so, would be finished within 10 minutes tops. After doing so, I could easily make a mod which puts the Legendary Markings and such in alphabetical order as well, as I don't believe the patch would have the pack in already..?

Other: Feel free to contact me on Discord if this were to be planned to be implemented! I already have mine organized alphabetically and would have no problem doing it for the next patch and such for everyone to have! A simple mod for the Legendary markings could be done easily as well!

Concerns: I don't have any concerns about this if this were put into the next patch, as then everyone would have it organized and nobodies markings would be messed up or confused, the only real concern is people would have to put the correct markings on characters after the update and such, as they'd be all mixed up and organized differently. Though, I do believe this would make finding markings much easier and MUCH quicker.

Thank you so much to the MOTS for your amazing work on putting this together!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:32:25 pm by Likuu »
artwork by dehvina

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 09:59:57 am »
Thank you Jango for putting this together, it looks fantastic~

As for everyone's questions thus far, I will do my best in answering them for you.

Questions: What does it mean by merging all the art boards? Does this include game media?

To clarify, this is only an idea thrown about from older conversations and is merely just an idea. Nothing is set in stone and remains as just an idea to be considered to help clean things up on the forums.

By merging all of the art boards, this would include only the Off Topic Art board which contains non-FeralHeart related art, and the FeralHeart Media Art board which does contain FeralHeart related art. No other boards would be merged along with these two. Once again, this is not set in stone to happen and is just a possible idea.

Concerns: Because the MOTS changes every few months, does that mean all control of the newsletter will be handed to the new MOTS's each time?

Yes. The Newsletter responsibilities will be passed down to the new MOTS every season once they are set to take on their new role. This is an easy way MOTS can relay information they find beneficial to the public.

Suggestions: I think the forum itself needs more renovations. Things are all over the place and have been for a few years and I think it would be helpful to have someone actively in charge of editing the forums at all time.
Other: I love you all <3

There is defiantly a lot of things that need improvement on the forum. Things such as fixing those dots, or bullet points, that cover up information, perhaps some work could be done on the forum's search system if possible, and possibly we could have a homepage revamp to make things feel more welcoming and less rigid. These are definitely subjects that have attention drawn to them. More thought and consideration will be put towards these as site work can sometimes be tricky when it doesn't want to be as easy as butter. Thank you for your input!

We love you too <3

Questions: When will staff be asking for regular members for translation help? I would think the sooner the better, as long as the rules are completed.

Once our bilingual staffers finish translating the rules in the languages they can, any bilingual users that staffers are aware of will be contacted to see if they are interested in translating their known languages if they aren't already covered. After this they will then begin to approach the community with the languages that they do not have covered.

Suggestions: All though I am very happy this board was made, I feel a lot more collaboration will be needed between both MOTS and staff to ensure community involvement. Why not pin specific threads in “MOTS Newsletters,” such as “Map Suggestions,” etc. in order to keep things orderly? Responses from the poll could also be relayed in thread specific to their subject. Similar, I think renaming the board to “MOTS Proposals” or something like “MOTS Articles” would allow for more creativity in this board-—things like staff interviews, community interviews, etc.

I also wish to take the time to stress my belief that getting rid of the post count requirement for MOTS would get some new faces in here. It would help to bridge the gap between the forum and game community. I understand the arguments against this, but I just want to mention it again.

Also, I cannot say how much the forum seriously needs help. Recruit a team to help aesthetically fix the forum. Get rid of the “dots” overlapping information. Please. I will personally help.

Seeing as this is just the first newsletter, it is a learning process for all of us. With time and hard work, we want to work towards the level of community involvement that is needed. Perhaps we could have a thread/board that has current graphs on polls (provided there are more than one) regarding their respective purpose, inviting members to bring forth their ideas and opinions about them, as well as to submit their vote or suggestions/opinions on the polls if they haven't already. Thank you for these suggestions!

Regarding the suggestion for the removal of the post count for MOTS, I understand and see where you're coming from. It would definitely be nice and beneficial to have some new fresh faces around. However, I personally believe that having that restriction shows that users who actively come onto the forum and post to be able to meet that requirement are interested in getting involved with the community further and want to participate in the activities. To obtain only 25 posts to be able to participate is relatively easy, and it helps encourage users to go out and voice their opinions on things. However that is only my opinion. Anyone else is welcome to add their input on this suggestion~

In the mean time, I will take this suggestion, as well as others mentioned here, into my notes and bring them up with staff accordingly.

As said in a reply to WolfQueen above, the site does need some sprucing up. Those bullet points have got to go lol

Other: Just because they left their positions, doesn’t mean that Esarosa and Valar do not deserve recognition for their help. You both are deserving of a ton of love, and I am proud of you both. Thank you for your contributions. <3

Valar and Esarosa are not forgotten, and their contributions will not go unnoticed, don’t you worry! Both their names are still included in the newsletter respectively. They have been very helpful in discussions and we are very thankful to have had them~

Suggestions: Myself and plenty of other members have always wondered if the markings would ever be re-organized and put in alphabetical order, I personally have already done this for myself because I like the way it looks and I was planning on making a mod for it but thought why not see if it would be added into the next patch instead? I could very much help with doing so, would be finished within 10 minutes tops. After doing so, I could easily make a mod which puts the Legendary Markings and such in alphabetical order as well, as I don't believe the patch would have the pack in already..?

Other: Feel free to contact me on Discord if this were to be planned to be implemented! I already have mine organized alphabetically and would have no problem doing it for the next patch and such for everyone to have! A simple mod for the Legendary markings could be done easily as well!

Concerns: I don't have any concerns about this if this were put into the next patch, as then everyone would have it organized and nobodies markings would be messed up or confused, the only real concern is people would have to put the correct markings on characters after the update and such, as they'd be all mixed up and organized differently. Though, I do believe this would make finding markings much easier and MUCH quicker.

Thank you so much to the MOTS for your amazing work on putting this together!

This is a very fine idea, Likuu! I for one am interested to see other's opinions on this as well. Having things a little bit more organized would be very nice, and it would indeed help a lot with finding things. Patch work takes a lot of time and consideration for everything, so if staff were to find this feasible and it would benefit the game, that would be really cool. Thank you for your suggestion and offer!

Thank you all so much for your feedback thus far! It is all truly appreciated. As stated before I will be taking notes of everything and relay them to staff accordingly. I look forward to seeing more feedback from you guys~
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:04:21 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 05:30:25 am »
Questions: This has been aching me for awhile, but any idea when we will have the finished forum 'revamp'? I understand Raz is busy with life, but unfortunately, the forum has been a mess and hasn't fit to the theme of the rest of the website since the beginning of the rework. Maybe we could have someone with website experience dedicated to finishing it?
Concerns: N/A -
Suggestions: I'd suggest maybe bringing back the seasonal update post, or giving the community teasers/the ability to suggest things for upcoming patches and work being done for the game. Along with this, i'd like to suggest maybe a map building contest.. it's a great way to scout out potential map makers for the game and allows for a little fun to be involved while doing so. This contest could have a theme (perhaps a prospective map update theme for the game) for users to build around.
Other: Just because I love hearing what the community has ideas for with updates and patches, perhaps the staff could host a community wide poll or thread to compile a list of potential ideas and suggestions for the next upcoming patch. :) This community is one of the most creative communities I know and can surely rattle off some do-able ideas to use for brainstorming material!

Thank you guys for making this thread possible and allowing the community to give feedback and suggestions for possible changes! Keep up the good work <3

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 12:25:16 pm »
This is actually happening? Okay, here we go.

Questions:
  • Could we perhaps get a little more progress (discussion wise) on the variety of biomes the world of FeralHeart has to offer? The public maps need different styles and some additional fun elements, so they can allow for exploration of a massive world with a wide variety of biomes.
  • Me, Bawfle and Morgra had a thorough discussion on our Roleplay boards back in 2017, so could we also get more progress (discussion wise) and on this suggestion?

Suggestions:
  • I'm aware there was a glitch on the old forum and the ribbon awards got removed, but I'm positive you could implement something similar to these awards at some point?
  • Once you finish with the more internal parts of the website renovation, you should definitely start editing those small things to make everything look more neatly (like the dots).
  • Whenever an account is banend in-game and this account logs on the forum, a little message saying "Your account has been banned. Click here for more information." should appear. The link will lead them to a section in their forum profile with sanctions and warnings. The section will contain proof of their ban (by attaching the screenshot to their profile) and information about the type of the sanction, the reason, the duration and when does it end.
  • Get permission from GreenDotStands to include his "Bigger Item List" modification in the upcoming patch.
  • As you know, the simple white background with the FeralHeart logo for the Podium map was specially designed so that character creation area lets you focus more on the design and creativity of creating your character rather than having a bunch of trees, rocks, and other things that can distract and take away from concentration of designing your character. No one seemed to care before, so why not organize a Podium Contest and the winner gets to have their entry included in the upcoming patch? Just throwing ideas around.
  • Include the "Moon Phases Mod" in the upcoming patch for more realism.

Other: Thank you for putting this together, we're lucky to have you! It's pleasing to see everybody making efforts to suggest new and different ways to keep the community engaged. <3

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 06:26:30 am »
Questions:
1: Would it be possible to merge the old FH worlds and new FH worlds together in a future update?
2: In Feralheart Creations, why is there not a music section? (being a passionate musician and future composer myself, I had a few ideas for future the future soundtrack of this game.)

Concerns:
 - I am very concerned for the game's life cycle because it doesn't have a roleplaying drive as it used to back before the update. I know nostalgia gets the best of us, but genuinely speaking, there isn't a huge encouragement on roleplaying as much as there was.

Suggestions:
1: For the ears in the character creator, I would like the 'Hyena Ears' to be renamed 'Spotted Hyena Ears' as since there are 4 different types of hyenas, the other 3 hyenas do not have round ears like the spotted one does. (I might not be realizing that there's a feature to add in your own ears, but for the default versions' sake. Just a little thing I noticed.)

2: Better optimization. Even on my beefed up and spec'd up computer (i7-6700 and RX 480 8GB) it should be running smooth but when it gets crowded it slightly (not terribly) lag or not be at a smooth 60 fps.

3: Host a live stream on Twitch or YouTube taking suggestions making it easy to connect with the game's audience more.

Other: I appreciate the fact that you all decided to take feedback. This game means a lot to me, (its how I became a furry) and i've had to see great games go away for no reason. Keep working your tails off on this game.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 03:46:53 pm »
Thank you all so much for your patience. The past few days have been tough on me and I apologize if replies seem short, however now that my job isn't holding me for ransom anymore, I'm finally able to answer to you guys~

Questions: This has been aching me for awhile, but any idea when we will have the finished forum 'revamp'? I understand Raz is busy with life, but unfortunately, the forum has been a mess and hasn't fit to the theme of the rest of the website since the beginning of the rework. Maybe we could have someone with website experience dedicated to finishing it?

We do not have an ETA of when a forum revamp will be done unfortunately. Currently, as listed in the newsletter, a list of things that can be done around the forum is taking shape.

Suggestions: I'd suggest maybe bringing back the seasonal update post, or giving the community teasers/the ability to suggest things for upcoming patches and work being done for the game. Along with this, i'd like to suggest maybe a map building contest.. it's a great way to scout out potential map makers for the game and allows for a little fun to be involved while doing so. This contest could have a theme (perhaps a prospective map update theme for the game) for users to build around.

I agree with giving more teasers and whatnot with what's currently being worked on, just as it's been done in the past with our beautiful snowy map. Currently, we are trying our best to give you all a little insight of what's going on with these newsletters, and everything that we've given out is everything we've been able to see thus far.

Thinking more about your map building contest idea, it's given me a really fun idea of how to go about it.

Essentially, it will play out basically like each step is a challenge. There would be multiple phases; Height map and Terrain mask phase, decoration and multiple area phases, then the finalization phase. First, contestants are given a theme; be it hilly, flat, mountainous, island, desert, plaque land, forest, or any combination of those and more, and they are to make a height map and terrain mask that is fitting of the theme within a set map size. Once finished, they submit screenshots of what they have before a deadline. Judges will then take their picks out of the submissions, and those contestants will move on to the next phase.

With the decoration portion, contestants will be given a set list of meshes they can use to put together their map.  This will be broken down into multiple phases. Be them den sites, overall land and scenery, or any other areas judges may have set as the challenge. Contestants will then do their best with the limited meshes they are given to design and create a unique area corresponding to the challenge. Judges will then pick who goes into the next round. We repeat this until we get to the finalization.

This is where portions of the map are unfinished, and it is up to the remaining contestants to fill in the empty space with what they feel will fit best in the map. Then, once finished, they will submit both their maps as downloads to the judges, and they will pick the winning map(s) of the contest.

This is only a quick concept that I decided to write out pfft.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!

Other: Just because I love hearing what the community has ideas for with updates and patches, perhaps the staff could host a community wide poll or thread to compile a list of potential ideas and suggestions for the next upcoming patch. :) This community is one of the most creative communities I know and can surely rattle off some do-able ideas to use for brainstorming material!

Thank you guys for making this thread possible and allowing the community to give feedback and suggestions for possible changes! Keep up the good work <3

~ Whisper

That would be a very fun idea. I as well love to see what the community comes up with, just like I am tickled pink being able to read through and respond to everyone's ideas here. This is definitely an idea I'd like to see discussed and considered.

You are so welcome, no need to thank us! We all want you guys to be included and informed. I'm pleased we can make it happen to the best of our abilities~

Questions:
  • Could we perhaps get a little more progress (discussion wise) on the variety of biomes the world of FeralHeart has to offer? The public maps need different styles and some additional fun elements, so they can allow for exploration of a massive world with a wide variety of biomes.
  • Me, Bawfle and Morgra had a thorough discussion on our Roleplay boards back in 2017, so could we also get more progress (discussion wise) and on this suggestion?

I too would love to see more discussion on what the land of FeralHeart has to offer. There hasn't been much open discussion on biomes that I have seen, but perhaps I can do some digging to see if I can't uncover something for you in the next newsletter.

Suggestions:
  • I'm aware there was a glitch on the old forum and the ribbon awards got removed, but I'm positive you could implement something similar to these awards at some point?
  • Once you finish with the more internal parts of the website renovation, you should definitely start editing those small things to make everything look more neatly (like the dots).
  • Whenever an account is banend in-game and this account logs on the forum, a little message saying "Your account has been banned. Click here for more information." should appear. The link will lead them to a section in their forum profile with sanctions and warnings. The section will contain proof of their ban (by attaching the screenshot to their profile) and information about the type of the sanction, the reason, the duration and when does it end.
  • Get permission from GreenDotStands to include his "Bigger Item List" modification in the upcoming patch.
  • As you know, the simple white background with the FeralHeart logo for the Podium map was specially designed so that character creation area lets you focus more on the design and creativity of creating your character rather than having a bunch of trees, rocks, and other things that can distract and take away from concentration of designing your character. No one seemed to care before, so why not organize a Podium Contest and the winner gets to have their entry included in the upcoming patch? Just throwing ideas around.
  • Include the "Moon Phases Mod" in the upcoming patch for more realism.

These are all very good ideas! I personally don't have anything to add to what you have suggested, but thank you so much for them and taking the time to write them down here.

Other: Thank you for putting this together, we're lucky to have you! It's pleasing to see everybody making efforts to suggest new and different ways to keep the community engaged. <3

It's our pleasure! Jango really was the driving force on this one haha. It warms my heart seeing so many amazing and creative members coming together in effort to make this place thrive again.

Questions:
1: Would it be possible to merge the old FH worlds and new FH worlds together in a future update?
2: In Feralheart Creations, why is there not a music section? (being a passionate musician and future composer myself, I had a few ideas for future the future soundtrack of this game.)

1: Bringing back the old maps, let alone merging them into existing maps is something that we most likely will not see in the future. That's not to say there is no chance, but it's highly unlikely.

2: Perhaps it's something that can be looked into in the future, however, as it stands, there barely is any traffic on sharing music for FeralHeart, so I guess you could say it's unnecessary. That's not to say it won't ever change in the future.

Concerns:
 - I am very concerned for the game's life cycle because it doesn't have a roleplaying drive as it used to back before the update. I know nostalgia gets the best of us, but genuinely speaking, there isn't a huge encouragement on roleplaying as much as there was.

It's true that FeralHeart's roleplaying drive has died down, however there are still groups being created and are floating about. I do feel like there could be a change on how much roleplaying is encouraged. Perhaps it's something we all can work on in the future.

Suggestions:
1: For the ears in the character creator, I would like the 'Hyena Ears' to be renamed 'Spotted Hyena Ears' as since there are 4 different types of hyenas, the other 3 hyenas do not have round ears like the spotted one does. (I might not be realizing that there's a feature to add in your own ears, but for the default versions' sake. Just a little thing I noticed.)

2: Better optimization. Even on my beefed up and spec'd up computer (i7-6700 and RX 480 8GB) it should be running smooth but when it gets crowded it slightly (not terribly) lag or not be at a smooth 60 fps.

3: Host a live stream on Twitch or YouTube taking suggestions making it easy to connect with the game's audience more.

Other: I appreciate the fact that you all decided to take feedback. This game means a lot to me, (its how I became a furry) and i've had to see great games go away for no reason. Keep working your tails off on this game.

I don't any anything to add to your suggestions, but I thank you so much for them!

I am very happy that we are able to do this for you all as well. This game means a lot to me too, and I want nothing but the best for this place and it's community. As said above, being able to take feedback from you guys just tickles me pink.

Thank you all so much for your feedback. It's very much appreciated. I will take all of your suggestions and bring them to staff accordingly. Once again, I am terribly sorry it has taken me longer than expected to reply to you all. I work with what I'm able and am relieved I can finally post this. Thank you all again~
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:26:51 pm by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort