Author Topic: Others can't see your preset?  (Read 4138 times)

Offline AppleKing

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Others can't see your preset?
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:52:56 am »
I just got a new preset from a friend and yes for me it works I see it but the problem is that other players can't see it.Is there anything that I need to do so everyone can see my preset?Personally I think that I've done something wrong while installing it since I can see other peoples preset.Any suggestions?

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Others can't see your preset?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:40:52 am »
Others can only see if if they had downloaded it too.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 09:00:07 am »
Hiya,
As Kuri stated, the people you want to see your preset will have to download it for them to see it.
There are two methods to getting other people to see your preset within the game.
Before any of these methods, you will need to export your preset into the filetype that allows other people to see your preset within the game.

----------

Exporting your Preset
After making your preset, you will need to upload it to a file that the game can use and read as a preset. This filetype is known as .fhp. The game will export to .fhp on it's own. All you have to do is press the Export button to make this happen.

To do this, go into Preset Maker and go to the final tab on the very right and select the Export option. It should load through and say that the export is complete or finished. Where the Export button is located is shown below.

Once that is all set, you will need to navigate to FeralHeart > presets and find the file you just exported. Your file should look something like this:

AppleKing_#.fhp
Whereas, the # sign is the number of the preset folder that you had when creating this preset

You just need to know where this file is for when you upload it to the sync.

Methods to Uploading your Preset for others
First method: you could upload your exported .fhp file to a site like MediaFire (link here). Then, pass that link around to those who might be interested in downloading your preset. A recommendation is to take the MediaFire link and shorten it with http://tinyurl.com
 A lot of users use tinyurl to make it so they can put their preset link within their ingame character biography and make it so it's easier for the people to download with a shorter link to type.

A second method is to upload your preset to the server's Preset Sync. To do this, visit the User Panel here. Sign in with your username and password. Then,  go to where is says "Preset Uploader". Click "Choose file", navigate to the .fhp file that you would like to upload then click on "Open" in Windows Explorer with the .fhp file highlighted. Last but not least, click on the "Upload Preset" button and you should be good to go!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:25 am »
You'll have to load the .fhp file of your preset that you can find in C: > FeralHeart > presets to either Mediafire or Dropbox for other people to download and see your link. Here's a step-by-step tutorial:

1. Go to MediaFire and register an account, then you'll probably get something like this (ignore my preset files).

2. Click on 'Upload'

3. Click on 'Add Files' and find your .fhp preset file from C: > FeralHeart > presets (NOT my_presets) and upload the file. Copy the link it makes when the upload is complete then go to TinyURL and paste the link in there.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline AppleKing

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 09:19:51 am »
Hiya,
As Kuri stated, the people you want to see your preset will have to download it for them to see it.
There are two methods to getting other people to see your preset within the game.
Before any of these methods, you will need to export your preset into the filetype that allows other people to see your preset within the game.

----------

Exporting your Preset
After making your preset, you will need to upload it to a file that the game can use and read as a preset. This filetype is known as .fhp. The game will export to .fhp on it's own. All you have to do is press the Export button to make this happen.

To do this, go into Preset Maker and go to the final tab on the very right and select the Export option. It should load through and say that the export is complete or finished. Where the Export button is located is shown below.

Once that is all set, you will need to navigate to FeralHeart > presets and find the file you just exported. Your file should look something like this:

AppleKing_#.fhp
Whereas, the # sign is the number of the preset folder that you had when creating this preset

You just need to know where this file is for when you upload it to the sync.

Methods to Uploading your Preset for others
First method: you could upload your exported .fhp file to a site like MediaFire (link here). Then, pass that link around to those who might be interested in downloading your preset. A recommendation is to take the MediaFire link and shorten it with http://tinyurl.com
 A lot of users use tinyurl to make it so they can put their preset link within their ingame character biography and make it so it's easier for the people to download with a shorter link to type.

A second method is to upload your preset to the server's Preset Sync. To do this, visit the User Panel here. Sign in with your username and password. Then,  go to where is says "Preset Uploader". Click "Choose file", navigate to the .fhp file that you would like to upload then click on "Open" in Windows Explorer with the .fhp file highlighted. Last but not least, click on the "Upload Preset" button and you should be good to go!

I can not find the .fhp file

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:35:22 am »
I can not find the .fhp file

To double check:

1) You exported it in the Preset Maker and no errors popped up?
2) You looked for the file in C:\FeralHeart\presets ?

Offline AppleKing

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 09:39:41 am »
I checked third times already.It's nowhere to be seen.It's a friend's preset and he let me use it maybe i need to do something different?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 09:45:17 am »
Do you not see the preset in Preset Maker? Or do you just not see the .fhp after you seemed to have exported it correctly?

Offline AppleKing

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 09:46:57 am »
I just don't see the .fhp file. A friend logged in and he said he couldn't see my preset but i could see his.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 09:55:17 am »
I would try moving your preset into a different folder and then Exporting it from the new folder.
To do this:
- Copy and Paste your preset files, except the current.material file of your preset, into a different preset folder (preset_1 through preset_12 .... any will do).

- After completing the Copy and Paste, open the .material file of the new folder with the Notepad program and rename the texture files within the code to match the names and filetypes of each of the body parts.
Like this:
The area I highlighted and the name/filetype of the actual files must match. Do this for all material sections (i.e. left body, right body, left head, right head, left eye, right eye, tail, mane...etc)