Author Topic: Feral Heart via IPv6  (Read 781 times)

Offline dkay

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Feral Heart via IPv6
« on: October 03, 2019, 01:54:27 pm »
This is not directly a problem with the game, but the Feral Heart team could still solve it  :).
This topic also become increasingly important for the future.

Feral heart is not yet available over IPv6 (both the game and the forum)! And that can slowly become a problem for more and more players.

The IPv4 address space is nearly empty. For young Internet service providers, it is very difficult to even get IPv4 addresses for their customers.
Therefore, more and more Internet users have to share an IPv4 address with many others.
Internet service providers requires special routers that translates the private IP Addresses from the customers to a public IP Address.
Unfortunately, these routers overload sometimes and worsen the ping.

I am a customer of a young Internet provider and therefore I often have connection losts in the game. IPv6 would solve this problem.

All server hosters should now be able to offer an IPv6 connection. And in general rule, it is not very difficult to enable IPv6 on Linux- and Windows servers for the most server hosters.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart via IPv6
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:42:48 pm »
Hey there dkay!

I had forwarded your message here to our server master. We appreciate you bringing up the concern as it is a valid one to potentially consider in the future for FH. However since KovuLKD never desgined FH for IPv6 we may not see this happening anytime soon. Thank you for sharing this with us though <3 When the time comes I’m sure it will get sorted out.

Locking this since it’s been answered ^^