Author Topic: Raz you need to resign.  (Read 11952 times)

xSpirit

Re: Raz you need to resign.
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2020, 09:57:18 am »
the source code will remain his and his alone 'til the end of time.
once it's said and out there, it can never be taken back.
The source code, and in fact the game is owned by KovuLKD. Not Razmirz. The server might be his, but the game is not.

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2020, 01:40:27 pm »
once again you're right, error in words on my part.
i more meant that raz is/was the only person around[ish.. he does still talk to a few people if this thread is anything to go off of] who theoretically could/would, since kovu's been gone since long before i started playing.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2020, 10:05:58 am »
the source code will remain his and his alone 'til the end of time.
once it's said and out there, it can never be taken back.
The source code, and in fact the game is owned by KovuLKD. Not Razmirz. The server might be his, but the game is not.

I honestly think you and the FH staff should actually do exactly what I just suggested earlier in the thread. From the sounds of it, Raz is just contributing to the death of the game by refusing to allow you all to actually apply any updates without his approval. Leave, take the source code with you, and start up an entirely new, updated FH server away from Raz.

Raz would have literally 0 power whatsoever to do anything about it, legally. No one wants to see FH die and at this point it sounds like you all leaving to make a new server away from Raz's grip of control is the only possible way to actually save it.

And if you DID, there are plenty of people who would be willing to join in and help out with progress on the game's development, and helping your version of it to be successful in bringing the community over to it.

The 'server host' should not be the absolute head of power, tbh.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:11:20 am by Skullfrost »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2020, 03:43:31 pm »
I do have to agree with Skullfrost.

FeralHeart has been taken care of by Razmirz for many years, I can see why he's not one to trust just anyone when comes the thought of retirement. When you've got such a large amount of data regarding accounts (which can involve personal information i.e email addresses, birthdays, passwords I believe), there will be an extremely high standard that a special someone must meet if they are to be trusted to be transferred all that information. The last thing Raz would need would be to hand over it all, only to find out a month or so later, that person couldn't and can't be trusted - that blame would go to him (knowing what people are like) because it would have been 'Raz's decision to pass the server to them.'

However, despite his protective ways, there does come the issue we are currently in.

With Razmirz MIA, updates are at an all-time halt. An all too familiar problem we had for years before xSpirit came along, really.
This stressed out his Staff team, which alleviates to the community getting stressed out; as I heard, there were sneak peeks/teasers of what's to come, but right now that seems impossible, which is why people are getting frustrated and 'lashing out'. Feral Heart has gone back to a stage that we were all led to believe wouldn't have to be experienced anymore, we thought the ball was finally going to get rolling. For a while, it did! I imagine the Staff had lots 'n' lots going on, getting it all ready. They've now reached the stage where they may be ready to release some stuff, but they can't. While xSpirit came along with the source code, Raz is the one who manages it all for proper release. So even though xSpirit is or was this game's 'Code Breaker', Spirit can't do anything without Raz's input.

While it's all good to have someone as an overall leader of a team, that leader is most responsible for keeping things running... sadly, the only thing that's being kept running is the game in terms of being able to actually play. What Raz hasn't been able to run as smoothly as I'd like to think he wishes, which again provokes frustration through everyone else.

It's all, really, going back and forth. A long, neverending bumpy road.

Which is why I agree with Skullfrost's point.
For so many years, while we appreciate everything Razmirz has done for us, I don't think it can truly continue like this.
I don't think we can hold on for much longer, without second guessing just how far we can get running on this bumpy road, with only hopes and dreams with the occasional, very occasional, success.
As we all know, FH is already dying, practically dead at some times during the day. No one has the motivation to want to get online 24/7 anymore. Heck, even Staff don't always want to get on (I understand we all get busy, but let's be honest, FH gives no one the excited feeling of getting on every day to constantly discover something new, update or not).

While this is our home, it can still be our home if we move on.
Starting up a new server that can be updated consistently (with or without Raz's input/help/presence) could be what revives this game and bring back all that nostalgia, or spark an entirely new one.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Mistakes

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2020, 04:21:16 pm »
I stand by the opinion that raz should be booted by staff, if he won’t leave I believe he should be pushed out.
Yes there are a few issues and kinks that would have to be worked out, but it will be better for the game in the long run.
Yes I’m suggesting a bit of temporary anarchy on the staffs part.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2020, 05:34:08 pm »
Yes I’m suggesting a bit of temporary anarchy on the staffs part.
the staff did that before (kind of)
uhh i didn't really end well

there's truly nothing you guys can do about feralheart itself except play the waiting game.
i wholeheartedly agree with skullfrost on this one too.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:40:22 pm by WolfQueen »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2020, 05:38:58 pm »
If that is this case, why must this discussion be had, furthermore keep being had?
There is obvious concern that has been lingering for years, which means people have solutions that should be considered. Simply giving up, and playing this waiting game, won't grant anyone any favours from all ends of the spectrum. Patience may be a virtue, but that won't come with waiting.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2020, 05:46:54 pm »
i'm not so sure myself, but best guess is because this problem has been going on for too long. there's obviously a rather niche community wanting to play this game but so many things are setting it back. me and many other people want to see something better, but in the current situation there's really nothing to hope for.

at this point the community can't really do anything unless they move on to another thing. or, stick around and hope for the best. this is not just me being negative.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:48:37 pm by WolfQueen »

l3irdie

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2020, 06:05:09 pm »
There is a lot of truth in what's being said.

The totality of the situation is that this thing has been a battle that just simply can't be won over. Staff have tried to make things their way, but the incident in October of 2018 happened as a result, and sure while they came back as staff, they aren't trusted enough to have liberty some decisions like updates and things to bring toward the player-base. And I can assume if we push any harder to take control, the game might just be shut down in a fit of anger. And as stated, this server still belongs to Raz. He may not own FH, but he does own the server. It's not the most just thing to do, it would only further provoke him.

Unfortunately, there just isn't much we can do. We can only speak up and find a common ground among ourselves. We all love FeralHeart, to some this is our home. FeralHeart has given me the best years of my life and taught me so much, which you don't think you would be able to get much out of a TLK inspired sparkle dog hell, but turns out, there is layers upon layers of life lessons.  I don't regret a moment of being here and I think just being a MOTS this last season solidified my love for this game.
All I can say is to keep speaking up and I implore you to just hold out for as long as you can take it.
Our voices may be rendered powerless right now and it may seem like a losing battle, but, we'll see what the future may hold.
This isn't over yet.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:08:36 pm by l3irdie »

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2020, 08:26:32 pm »
anarchy is doomed to fail if you don't know what you're up against and running as a mob with pitchforks and torches towards an unknown enemy, if 2018-related events are anything to go off of.
a fh with a new host, no changes made beyond that aside from, say, quality of life+character creation oriented updates would be something i would totally incline myself to play if the opportunity presented itself.
if people run off with the source code and just make another generic ITesque server, i'll stay behind. i've already stated how i feel about fh and its modification system elsewhere and i'll stand with it.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..