Author Topic: What would you like to see added in the game?  (Read 21966 times)

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: What would you like to see added in the game?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 10:32:48 pm »
I'd LOVE some character mods (like the corgi mod and whatnot) f'er some dinosaurs- raptors, or maybe a dragon that we can swap out f'er the canine and feline models. 'Twould be really cool. ^v^ Other than that, everyone else has said pretty much the basic things I'd like to see happen in game.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 05:56:25 am »
An update to my last post: Maybe, we could have like quests in the game and hunting? New models will be good though.
Maybe we could have official items in the game that we could complete quests and dungeons and hunt for? It would be AMAZING. Otherwise, what everyone else said before and after this post are GREAT ideas and we  would love to see them in the game! <3
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 08:18:37 am »
Although having the source code would be a dream come true, i'll keep this post to map suggestions. There are several suggestions on here that require the source code that I agree with, however.

One of my strongest suggestions is definitely having more or different maps. I really do like the current maps. As OnionKnight said above, they are a lot more vivid with more detail put into them.
Here is a suggestion from Eno on another topic that pretty much states what I have in mind except for the heightmaps which i'll address at the bottom of my post:
One thing I don't go a day without hearing is how users miss the old maps. Specifically, Flourite Plains. The way I heard it described was "Too much change in too little an amount of time". Now I'm not saying trash the update, because honestly, it's downright gorgeous, all these new maps, but maybe bring one or two of the old maps back, redecorated, but with the same heightmaps and such, so it's still the same land but better decorated. I'm convinced that bringing one of the most popular maps back, and perhaps removing one of the least-used maps in the meantime would bring a lot more people online. The majority of the stuff around them would still be new, but they could also have that sense of familiarity and home. I know it would take some work to do, but I think it would be beneficial to the community's numbers in the end.

Here is another quote from Buffy on this issue from that same thread mentioned earlier:
Personally, I don't feel all maps should be brought back, but mainly the maps such as; Flourite, South Pole, Atlantis and Ascension, but all "re-vamped/re-decorated/object improved". The maps that have already been re-done are; Bonfire, Ficho and Cape. In my opinion, they're absolutely breath taking and far better than the previous versions. Even a few maps such as Kiwimbi, Eastern pass and Zama grotto are just as breath taking and gorgeous. I just feel users are missing their favourite maps (Flourite, South Pole and Ascension) and their favourite locations. I'm sure users wouldn't mind if areas were re-created, but so long as the certain areas such as; the Stone bridge, N/Z, N/Z lake and L Island go un touched?

Thus tailoring things to please both Staff and general members.

Now I know the maps may already be getting some change, as suggested by the opportunity staff provided for content creators to contribute to upcoming patch maps. But, this is also something to keep in mind too. A refurbish of one or two of the old maps like Fluorite is a brilliant idea. There is a lot to work with, a lot you could improve of the classic maps and those maps would bring back the nostalgia of old FeralHeart that some users desire. I love the new version of Ficho and wouldn't change a thing about it. The new version of Bonfire is really well done and actually sets the tone of "Bonfire Islands" with actual bonfires. But with Bonfire, since it was such a popular place and remembered by the community so well, maybe a reconstruction of the old Bonfire Island could be an interesting twist. We could update the height map to make it more interesting and detailed and add different meshes and reconstruct it so it resembles the old Bonfire but has a fresh new look to it as well. So, maybe a mixture of the current maps, brand new ones from creators and a recreation of some of the classic maps would be refreshing for FeralHeart.

I also want to acknowledge that this update's idea of creating more of a world was a brilliant idea and it actually made more sense. So as a suggestion with upcoming maps, sticking to that would be considerable as long as it isn't too difficult to do with different maps.

Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:21 pm »
I'd like to add on to what Morgra said, in which I agree fully. If FP were to come back, as it's the most popular map for roleplaying.advertising, I feel there should be a portal lniking to it directly from Lonely Cave. This would help remind members that it's there and keep people from getting lost trying to find it.

You are amazing <3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 08:56:53 pm »
I'd like to add on to what Morgra said, in which I agree fully. If FP were to come back, as it's the most popular map for roleplaying.advertising, I feel there should be a portal lniking to it directly from Lonely Cave. This would help remind members that it's there and keep people from getting lost trying to find it.
Excellent idea, Bloo. I think that's also a great idea because Fluorite and Lonely do look like they could be linked, therefore continuing the "world" concept.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 11:06:45 pm »
Ooo how about some subtle sounds that play from the objects? Like crickets and birds chirping and maybe even some sounds for waterfalls... and some big waterfalls in a new map, that'd be cool. (Subtle though, nothing loud or obnoxious. xD)

I suppose it'd also be nice to have a setting to turn those sounds off. (Right now the only way to turn off 'object' sounds is to turn off game sound.)
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 08:36:32 am »
Ooo how about some subtle sounds that play from the objects? Like crickets and birds chirping and maybe even some sounds for waterfalls... and some big waterfalls in a new map, that'd be cool. (Subtle though, nothing loud or obnoxious. xD)

I suppose it'd also be nice to have a setting to turn those sounds off. (Right now the only way to turn off 'object' sounds is to turn off game sound.)
But there are waterfall sounds?  (and you can rename the sound files to turn them off but it's not as easy as a switch on the options panel but yeah...)
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 09:59:43 pm »
I only really want one thing added....Because I would just like a race track map.
Wouldn't have to be anything elaborate, maybe just a plain loop track set in a forest environment or something.
But I get bored just sitting in one place sometimes and RP does not hold much of my interest anymore, so I think a racetrack addition would be cool because people could enjoy playing against friends out side of RP ovo
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 11:35:30 pm »
I enjoy the game as it is, and a lot of things that I'd enjoy have already been suggested. (More species models/better models, make maybe FP better, more variety in maps, etc.)

However, one thing I'd love to see would be a better way of making presets. As of now, creating a preset is much like retexturing models. And it's surprisingly difficult to get things lined up once. A long time ago, I saw that someone was going to be making a little program type thing where you had the model in front of you in 3d and coloured on it. This is very similar to how custom MineCraft skins are often made-- you see the model in 3D in front of you, and how it lines up. I imagine it would work similarly to an art program with select turned on: You have the other textures for the other body parts on, and colour on another. It would make the difficult task of lining up scars and other markings far, far easier, so you can spend more time on actually making the textures and the code.

I know incorporating the glow, transparent, and other preset codes would be a dream come true, but I know that it's impossible.

A similar thing or the same thing for map height and terrain maps would be even more of a dream come true, but it might also be kind of difficult.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2017, 08:49:57 am »
What would i like to see?  ... Hmm...  With the source code you could add combat & health bar stuff...  Extra cloud cover cycles..
And a thing that functions like height map but it affects a surfaces slipperiness (this way you add the slippery layer to where you put ice & add extra grip to area that have deep snow or grass or something?).

Realistically though..  Maybe lightning weather cycles as legit things. And maybe a few new (extra, not replacing anything) default meshes.  Pretty sure the extra default meshes might happen one day.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"