Author Topic: Returning Members  (Read 6306 times)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Returning Members
« on: March 22, 2019, 01:40:58 am »
I'm unsure weather this should go in Forum Discussion or Game Discussion due to this topic being mainly about the game itself. Please move this if it's incorrect. Thank you!

Lately I've noticed a lot of players, new and old, come into FeralHeart over the past month(s). Some returning to see what's up, oldies who got an itch to come back, as well as new players who have beat the Registration Boss. Regardless of reason, they've returned one way or another.

What are your thoughts about all these wonderful members coming back? Do you think it's because of new staff? The most recent update? Could it be that good word is getting out about FeralHeart? Maybe they've all just got an itch to come back. Could it be just a coincidence that these members have returned around the same time, or is this a small sign for a turning point for FeralHeart's survival? Whatever the reason may be, I'm curious as to what your opinions are about this influx of returning players.

These are just some thoughts that came to mind the other day, so I thought I'd share them with you all.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:44:02 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Members
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 02:07:46 am »
In my opinion, I think the whole mess with the no-mod October threat brought a lot of people back, curious to see what was going to happen.

And unpopular opinion probably with certain people (that will probably get a lot more hate thrown on me, but I'm being brutally honest) but yes, the new staff are also bringing in members old and new alike. They're much more welcoming and active in my eyes honestly.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 02:23:52 am »
probably a mix of coincidence and the drama surrounding the no-mod october nd other recent happenings attracting people back

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 03:12:19 am »
This post will be somewhat personal as I think it would be appropriate to discuss my own story regarding why I came back, as it is relevant to the thread and would give insight as to why I felt it was a good time to return. Of course, likening old members' returns could be a sign Feralheart is "getting better," but every user has a different story regarding to what drew them back in.

In my case, I initially decided to take a leave from Feralheart for a variety of reasons back in late 2014, however I did not officially announce my leave until mid-2015. I planned to deactivate my account, mainly because I felt I would never return—I thought I would just be too busy for the game heading forward. I was not necessarily happy with how certain things were handled, as well as the direction the Feralheart community was heading at the time, so I felt it would be best to simply close myself off. I disconnected myself from anything remotely related to Feralheart, and never expected myself to look back, despite loving the game to bits. Not shockingly, I eventually "caved in" years later and had to check out how the game has been. After all, even several years later, Feralheart still had a big place in my heart.

Out of curiosity, I decided to take a peak on the forum in around late October, mainly because I missed the game and all of the friendships I made throughout the years. When I logged on, I was greeted with quite a shock when I stumbled upon the No-Mod October thread. I was unsettled, but intrigued by it, as well as other events I missed during my hiatus, such as the notorious 2015 hacking, and the game update, among other things. I originally was not going to come back, but I decided to make a 'return thread' in early January, officiating that I was finally coming back.

So, why did I decide to check out the forum and stick around amidst such a controversial time for FH? Honestly, it was just mere coincidence that so much was happening when I logged on. I had no idea whom the staff team consisted of or who a majority of the forum posters were. I felt isolated in such a familiar, yet unfamiliar environment. As cheesy and silly as this may sound, I felt Feralheart needed as much help as it could get. The general chaos alone encouraged me to return, as I genuinely wanted to offer as much discussion as I could. Am I happy I came back? Yes, very much so, and I am sure many others are happy with how Feralheart has changed, both management and community-wise.

Besides my story, in my opinion, I believe returning members will only help to stimulate new ideas and potentially inspire change. Will it take a push? Probably, but in the end, we all share—both new and old community members—the common goal of making Feralheart a better place. Still, the game cannot alone be revived with just old community members. There needs to be collaboration, honest dedication, and a little bit of risk-taking between both parties.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 04:08:23 am »
In my opinion, I think the whole mess with the no-mod October threat brought a lot of people back, curious to see what was going to happen.

I agree with ya there, as NMO brought various players back who wanted to help FeralHeart stay afloat among the confusion, as well as frightened some away due to it's first and poorly explained announcement (still love you Raz lmao). Quick personal note on that; that's why communication is key, as it wasn't handled the best in that situation and it's outcome can be used as a very good example of what could happen.

And unpopular opinion probably with certain people (that will probably get a lot more hate thrown on me, but I'm being brutally honest) but yes, the new staff are also bringing in members old and new alike. They're much more welcoming and active in my eyes honestly.

Nah I feel it's relevant. I did see a lot of people being rather negative. They saw their chance to strike and took it- but that's another topic in of itself. The new staff I feel definitely brought some players in. Possibly they felt more welcomed, or were interested to see how the new staff felt to them.

- When I logged on, I was greeted with quite a shock when I stumbled upon the No-Mod October thread. I was unsettled, but intrigued by it, -

- I felt isolated in such a familiar, yet unfamiliar environment. As cheesy and silly as this may sound, I felt Feralheart needed as much help as it could get. The general chaos alone encouraged me to return, as I genuinely wanted to offer as much discussion as I could. Am I happy I came back? Yes, very much so, and I am sure many others are happy with how Feralheart has changed, both management and community-wise.

I feel that's another reason some of our members had come back, due to interest in what was going on with NMO. Upon seeing what it was about, they either left once again, or, like you and others, stayed to try and help FeralHeart get through yet another bump.

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline Coffinbite

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • coffinbite
    • View Profile
    • ♡ toyhouse ♡
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 05:46:59 am »
I wonder if it has anything to do with nostalgia? That's the main reason I came back a bit ago. I have so many fond memories of this game. Logging in every once in a while, even if I'm not doing anything other than hanging out in The Grounds, relaxes me.
Maybe some folks want to see what's going on and what's new?

Otherwise, I can see people wanting to come back after a change in moderation and such! ❤️
I feel confident in our team ❤️

Offline Ame88

• Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 09:30:05 am »
I can see that, yes. Various players I've seen come back to this game say they just couldn't stay away, or something was pulling them back, but what it was they're unsure. FeralHeart is one of those games where nostalgia is very easily created. It's very unique and I haven't seen a game like it; aside from IT servers, that is. Something about it is just so captivating to so many of us.

I agree that sometimes a good change can bring players back into a game if they've left, or it catches the eye of new comers. Even though we never lost any old staffers, getting some new staff on the team I think helped bring back some players. Possibly they felt it added a little more differences in opinions to the table to spice things up, or perhaps some other reason.

I too am pleased with our team. I feel we have competent people who can help FeralHeart in years to come.

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Nobi

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 12:59:32 pm »
I feel like, even though nostalgia has an important role in keeping Feral-Heart in many old players' memories, nostalgia alone isn't enough to encourage them to return to Feral-Heart.

In my opinion it's the recent events such as NMO (which caused many players to leave, threatening the game's lifespan) that has encouraged many to make a return, perhaps they think by once again becoming active in Feral-Heart and helping the community fix itself along the way, they'll somehow prolong the life of Feral-Heart.

By prolonging its lifespan, they'll be able to cherish their time with something they've treasured so much for a little while longer before it's gone.

I hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:02:09 pm by Nobi »

Offline CaptainWolfskin

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 05:36:31 pm »
There's really no other game like Feral Heart, sure there's wolf quest and the Impressive title games but currently there's nothing out there that could replace Feral Heart. I believe that's one of the reasons old members keep coming back, new members continue to fight with the registration, and why we stick around.
(✿)
Discord: Captain Wolfskin@0303

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 09:44:23 pm »
Just spitting out my opinion right after as I have read the main post of yours, Ame. :)

I love to see tons of members sliding into FH again.
Just today, so far 61 new members hav registered. :)
I like to believe that FH is going up, up, and way way up.
doing what i feel like