Author Topic: Always in Roleplay?  (Read 2080 times)

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Always in Roleplay?
« on: September 18, 2019, 08:08:28 am »
I'm just curious, but how do people feel about always being in roleplay for a character? Would it seem weird to reply as if your character were talking in any conversation, or would you rather just spend time on a character and think nothing of it?

There are times given I can never stay consistent in a group and feel pressured with individuals that I'd like to just hop on as a character I feel in the mood for and respond, talk, and act as said character would. Not all the time maybe, but at least half knowing me.

I know there was the "Feral-Heart Day Of Roleplay" or something along those lines kind of events that went on that were I think exactly like I described just above, but not all the time, and I missed the only one I remember finding the date for.

I also see a lot of people use the )) to signify being out of character, when there is seemingly no active roleplay around in the public chat, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe it's just second nature to put that in normal posts?

Sorry for the oddly phrased and scattered question, but I'm curious if anyone else does this and how I guess accepted it would be to do?

wolfdog01

Re: Always in Roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 09:49:59 am »
Back before the new maps update I did this with only one of my chars, I didn't type up a whole paragraph but if people talked to me I would respond how the character would. It was a lot of fun! People in the map started to recognize my character when I got on since I only used him in Bonfire Island. I actually made quite a number of friends doing this and had a lot people wanting to be his mate or child lol. He had a very blunt and boring and dead personality, so it must have made myself look very ineresting.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:00:44 am »
Back before the new maps update I did this with only one of my chars, I didn't type up a whole paragraph but if people talked to me I would respond how the character would. It was a lot of fun! People in the map started to recognize my character when I got on since I only used him in Bonfire Island. I actually made quite a number of friends doing this and had a lot people wanting to be his mate or child lol. He had a very blunt and boring and dead personality, so it must have made myself look very ineresting.

Ye! I didn't mean always posting like you normally do in some fancy RP that looks right out of a book, just acting. Maybe that's not as much RPing then as simply, well, "acting" but it's along those lines.

Also being asked to be someone's mate or parent must be awkward, though I once made a really good friend on another game that kept wanting to be my sister and I got annoyed at her, but she ended up being really nice to hangout with.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 05:56:18 pm »
FHRPD was honestly one of my favorite FH events and I reaaaally wish they'd bring it back- I was thinking maybe the community could put something together if we got enough people interested.

in-game: hooli

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 06:20:25 pm »
FHRPD was honestly one of my favorite FH events and I reaaaally wish they'd bring it back- I was thinking maybe the community could put something together if we got enough people interested.

Ooooh yes! I'd be up for that! It feels hard for me to get in contact with many people though since I've not had good luck with Discord servers before, but I'd like to organize that.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 06:27:08 pm »
I can both just chill and roleplay on all of my characters.
If you for example see me hanging out on my casual lioness character Nathalie and you want to rp, just ask me and we can do it. Otherwise I’m just chilling with her and talking normally, like I do with Ellen.
doing what i feel like

Rhakorra

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 10:27:15 pm »
I rather roleplay on the forums than the game, but then again I haven't replayed in a long time.