Author Topic: Do you have an inner voice?  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have an inner voice?
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 04:07:51 pm »
my inner voice is just my voice but inside my meat prison and says things that my mouth doesn't [for good reason.] it's sometimes helpful, i can run through what i gotta say, win imaginary arguments with her and sometimes one liners just pop up out of nowhere.
it's like having a shoulder devil, but he's killed the angel and now you're left with only bad ideas. that's it i've summarized being me.

as for seeing images? yea, i can do that, if someone says "toothless" i instantly think of my flightful salamander bby.
seeing images also happens as i see drawings in my head [though recreation is usually.. not what i had in mind.]
and there's the whole "i can imagine a whole animation to a certain song."

idk. always interesting to see other people's perspectives on unchangeable things like this.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 05:00:19 pm »
No

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 10:21:29 pm »
For years i never understood why people said they think to themselves "some quote of what they were thinking*".
When someone asked multi-lingual people "What language do you think in" it occurred to me why.
For the same reason deaf people think in sign language.  They literally have a voice in their head that is their own thoughts, spoken aloud on the inside?
I used to think things in ways that i don't have a way of representing.  Could take an exam, get every answer right, and fail because they want' to know how i worked it out.
"Duhh, in my head"
"Then show your working on paper"
*doodle random lines*
"This means nothing, you fail".

If you grow up with no languages around you, you don't think in words.  Just something i've noticed.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

SpicyDirt

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 01:10:50 am »
Being completely honest, I am not sure. I have my thoughts, which are in full sentences and can show me vivid images, but I wouldn't really call it my inner voice. I'd call it more of just a more active imagination mixed with an internal "narrator" - as I generally only talk to myself like that when I am planning something out or doing something.

All-in-all, I have absolutely no clue

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 02:06:00 am »
I like to think that everyone does to an extent. For me, it's that little voice inside your head, or perhaps even a feeling that either tells you to do something, or not to do something. Like your conscience sort of thing.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort