Author Topic: Favorite movies/series and why?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
Favorite movies/series and why?
« on: August 27, 2020, 01:54:42 pm »
So, I've decided to make this thread to discuss our favortie movies/series and why, just to know each other a little more and even take interest on their interest :D I think it is a good method of bonding and making friends to talk each other and giving us ideas for quarentine. I'll start!
My favorite series so far has been Brooklyn 99. It's a series full of humour and my favorite thing, detectives. I like it because they are all so fun and ridiculous it makes it so good and the characters are great. My favorite one would be Rosa, her rage issues and agressive personality makes me love her because it makes her funny and scary at the same time. I like Boyle too, he is, kind of basically Kidogo and he is adorable for some reason.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite movies/series and why?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 04:27:30 pm »
My favorite series always be Teen Titans, nevermind if it won't be continued (also rememeber about huuuge diffrence between Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go). Also I really love Friends with their legendary dialogues, LOL. And last time discovered on Netflix - Locke and Key. Series fulled od closed doors and keys, hehehe. About movie? Hmm, I guess there isn't movie what took my dark heart.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 05:29:24 pm by Dark_heart »
On new account Aiiokia

Online Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »
Here are mine :]
Oscar's Oasis
Zig and Sharko
How to Train Your Dragon
1. I grew up with this show!
2. Also grew up with this show
3. I. Love. DRAGONS!!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:51:55 am »
i know i've talked about movies i love on these forums before but

in no particular order, treasure planet, 9, the road to el dorado, isle of dogs, the httyd trilogy, kung fu panda 1+2, rango, tlk 1+2, alita; battle angel, spiderverse, surf's up, the incredibles, gotg1+2, the lion, the witch and the wardrobe..
that's top of my head stuff. sure there's more but i'm a little scrambled.
added films would be baby driver, megamind, storks, wonder woman 2017, fantastic mr. fox, wall-e, harley quinn/birds of prey and knives out.

as for series.. i'd have to say red vs. blue, both the cartoon network and netflix how to train your dragon shows with arcs concerning hiccup, the punisher, brand new animal, jojo's bizarre adventure, the office, cowboy bebop, the amazing world of gumball, the lion guard, pokemon xy&z, avatar the last airbender and of course, the classic, iconic, dan vs.

to provide reason for any ONE of these would see me stealing at least an hour from your life but hey, i don't watch a lot of media, but when i do, i hyperfixate on it for at least a week and will not shut up about it.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

wolfdog01

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 03:40:34 am »
Hrm, good topic! I think some of my favorite series would be Blue Planet, BoJack Horseman, The Last Airbender, and The Misadventres of Flapjack. Basically anything I can or have watched many times. Movies wise is Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and Big Fish and Begonia. I watch all those at least once a year, with most having marathons for days lol

Groogle

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 04:08:02 am »
I will have to go with the Dreamworks.
How to Train Your Dragon, Shrek, and Kung Fu Panda will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2020, 04:20:56 am »
I love this topic, it's always interesting to see where everyone's interests lay in regards to films and tv shows. Plus I like to go on about my own interests heh.

I personally have a passion for Disney, Marvel, horror, historical, and vintage films/tv shows. Some of my all-time favourite films would be TLK, 101 Dalmations, Captain America, The Conjuring, and A Star Is Born (1954). As for TV Shows, I'm a big fan of Ghost Adventures, Agent Carter, Agents of Shield, American Horror Story, Riverdale, Gentleman Jack, Wynonna Earp, and the Avatar series. I love many other shows and movies, but have watched the ones I've mentioned several times over.

Ironic

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 05:25:33 pm »
Hmm..Shows I've been watching lately and falling in love are The Office and His Dark Materials D: I'm going gaga over here

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 08:58:34 pm »
Holy, I love this discussion idea. It's so nice to see.
Alright guys here's my list:

My top 5 genres would be sci-fi, fantasy, action, horror and adventure. The real world bores me sometimes. It needs to be spiced up with something. However I do enjoy some comedies and crime movies/series.

Movies:
Pirates of the Caribbean franchise: Love the characters, the acting, the concept, and overall the fighting scenes. Pirates are awesome. I love all the 5 movies equally, don't care what people say.

Thor Ragnarok: To me it's the best avengers/marvel movie ever, hands down. Also Thor is my favorite Avenger/Hero. I love north mythology, and he is pretty hot so don't judge me on that lol. His character is funny, too. His relations to earth and its futuristic technology is just hilarious and cute. But that's him in general. In this movie I really love how they filmed everything, the end battle scene is the most badass thing i've seen ever, too. It's really awesome.

Forrest Gump: Just a lovely story, amazing acting and characters. It's touching and heartwarming, but also really funny too. But of course, that's what this movie is famous for.

Joker: A very VERY insightful and dark backstory of the famous DC villain, Joker.  Amazing acting. Shocking scenes. Puzzling questions, and sentences that make you really think about society. It did that to me anyway. It's really moving, and it let's you see the Joker as THE Joker. The legend. I actually idolize this character despite the fact he's a psychopath.

Lilo & Stitch: Probably my favorite Disney movie so far. Can't say much, the story is heartwarming, exciting, sweet, dramatic and yes I've cried to it when I was younger. Stitch is an extremely iconic and unique character.

Series:
Breaking Bad: A beloved father who unfortunately hit cancer, to a criminal mastermind and druglord still letting you puzzle wether or not if there's still something good inside him. That's probably one of the best character developments there are in history of any series. Hands down. If you haven't watched this yet, wth are you doing? lol

Game of Thrones: I watched the series twice with my family. I watched from when the first episode came out, so it's a big one for me. The GoT series are known for their outstanding characters and amazing actors. I was so, SO hyped for the last season when it came out I screamed when some characters (even if they weren't my favorite) died or even just got injured, because I've watched over them for such a long time. I know it may be boring to watch at the first 2 seasons because so many boring civilized stuff happens, and not many important decisons or fights are made, yet. When you reach season 4, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It will be worth the while I ASSURE YOU.

Kipo: Amazing cartoon style, good music, cool concept. I really like the characters and how they develop through the series. Also, the thought of mutated animals in cartoons is really exciting for me. Wondering what kind of characters they could create throughout the series. And it's ongoing! :)

I might update this post later. It jsut takes a long time to write all these down and consider what's my most favorite. I love watching movies and series in general!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 09:00:47 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like