Author Topic: Help me please  (Read 1939 times)

Offline g0thicpuk3

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Slowly but surely making a return :)
    • View Profile
Help me please
« on: April 07, 2020, 01:53:37 am »
ummm i think my computer has a virus i was trying to download this https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66501.0 and now these random things keep popping up and...this computer isnt mine and it belongs to my school and if my mom finds out i have a virus she is going to MURDER ME can someone please help me to get rid of this
Is this thing on?

l3irdie

Re: Help me please
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 02:05:46 am »
Oh no! ):

I think you picked that up from the adfly with that download, but it's understandable. It can be a little hard to navigate and it does happen.
Firstly, what's your computer, a windows 10, mac, chromebook? If you have a windows you should have windows security and should allow you to run a virus scan. If not, I highly suggest malawarebytes as a good software.
Again, I'm really sorry that this happened to you

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 03:10:07 am »
Yikes! Similar to what Birdie said, make sure to get/have an antivirus program. That should help you get rid of the adware.

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline g0thicpuk3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 04:27:00 am »
Oh no! ):

I think you picked that up from the adfly with that download, but it's understandable. It can be a little hard to navigate and it does happen.
Firstly, what's your computer, a windows 10, mac, chromebook? If you have a windows you should have windows security and should allow you to run a virus scan. If not, I highly suggest malawarebytes as a good software.
Again, I'm really sorry that this happened to you

I think its a chromebook, i have some anti virus thing on it i forgot what its called i think its mcafee? Something like that, is it good enough for my computer?
Is this thing on?

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 04:48:40 am »
McAfee will do, just run the scan if it's all set up. I also suggest clearing your browser data.

Offline g0thicpuk3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:58:38 am »
Gracias to everyone that gave gave me tips on how to fix this issue! Hopefully it works out and i dont make things worse
Is this thing on?

Offline xXRazorBladezXx

• Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Rawr xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 09:10:28 am »
If you enabled ads or notifications too, make sure to go on your chrome settings and block adfly notifications ,  you can easily click on one of those notification pop up ads (happened to me)

Offline g0thicpuk3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 02:12:15 pm »
alright so i went to my settings and disabled the pop up things (i think) i cleared my browsing data i went to my site settings and it told me to "add sites that you dont want pop ups or ads for" and i added adfly so will that work? sorry if this made no sense
Is this thing on?

l3irdie

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 02:58:17 pm »
alright so i went to my settings and disabled the pop up things (i think) i cleared my browsing data i went to my site settings and it told me to "add sites that you dont want pop ups or ads for" and i added adfly so will that work? sorry if this made no sense

No it makes sense! Yes, turning off notifications should stop giving your device those pop-ups