Author Topic: User Announcements Board?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
User Announcements Board?
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:48:12 pm »
Alrighty, so after seeing lots of people wanting to post updates/personal announcements (such as account changes, new social accounts, etc.) and putting them in places like forum discussion, game discussion, etc., I realized that there really is no "proper" place to put said threads. Correct me if I'm wrong as I often miss the little nuzzled in child boards, but I don't believe there's really a place that these types of threads can snuggle in.

The reason I advocate for this is that I know lots of people would like to post things such as "Moving Accounts", "Got a DeviantArt, view my art here", "Making FH music videos, support me here" etc. Now my idea isn't for a status update board or anything like that, as status updates can really become redundant and unnecessary, but I think it would be nice to create a User Announcement board for any users who have the need to notify the community of above updates & more. Now I know the users needing to make the announcements could always send out PMs to friends and those who they want to know of their update/change, but with lots of friends in our fluffy community that can sometimes become tedious. Also, if users wish to announce their new account on another website/social media site, it also gives them a chance to get themselves out there and make new friends.

So what do you guys think? Would this be a helpful change for our community? Yay or nay c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

ArcticGalaxy

Re: User Announcements Board?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:52:12 pm »
This is a very nice idea in my opinion. I myself don't know if there is a thread dedicated to. It's pretty easy for me to miss things. ^^ But I honestly think it would be a nice addition to the forum.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:52:38 pm »
I have noticed this as well and I think this would be an interesting thing to have.
Some people may not notice the 'announcement' or 'change' right away because some may not have the social media or even check the forums every now and then.
At least with this, it won't be cluttered all that much and hopefully won't be abused either.
This seems like a nice idea so... 'Yay' from me. Lol.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:00:36 pm »
Ooh, I think this is a great idea! A lot of people end up posting threads like this and they just get locked, and some of the boards are pretty cluttered with posts like this. And they don't exactly fit into the Member Bio and Journal childboard either, so I think this would be a good board to have! It'd be useful to just have a board for quick, small posts that aren't exactly deserving of an entire journal post.

Support from me!

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 09:10:23 pm »
This is something I've definitely thought of myself. I think it would be nice to have a board directly for those types of updates, as I don't think we have one already. Would be quite useful, and it would save the trouble of having threads locked or moved.
Good job bringing this up, I really like the idea.

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 09:57:16 pm »
Thank you for the feedback Kynvuu.

When it comes to general announcements like a change of an in game account, as you mentioned, we encourage users to use the Member Bios & Journals board. If users have a journal on the board they can update with a notice of the change or even update a bio with details of the new change where other members and friends can easily read it.

And they don't exactly fit into the Member Bio and Journal childboard either, so I think this would be a good board to have! It'd be useful to just have a board for quick, small posts that aren't exactly deserving of an entire journal post.

Announcements about a new in game username or switch of accounts actually fits in very well to the Member Bios & Journals board. Many users include their in game usernames along with their general information in the bios, so if a user felt the need to change their account and let others know they could simply edit the bio and post an update there. Same goes with the journals. Having one place to store all this information really cuts down on the clutter of having one entire board for numerous threads containing information that can easily be fitted into a members bio and or journal. Every user is encouraged to simply have one journal that they post and update others with so if they wanted to announce an account change they can post about it there where others can quickly & easily read about it. By updating the journals more frequently this allows other users to get to know each other more personally, encourages more socializing, and gives more depth to the journal boards.

Announcements such as new Deviant Art accounts or other sites a user wants to advertise can easily be posted in the Media board as this board is specifically made for that particular thing. Talk about making FH videos and asking for support or auditions can be placed into the Feral Heart Game Discussion board as others have done before or even in the Community Activities Hub. Same goes with other general announcements like streams etc which can also be announced over the Community Activities Hub.

While your idea is not a bad one at all I don't think we need another board specifically for user announcements while we have so many other boards that can easily accommodate these various announcement types. One board wouldn't neatly fit so many different kind of announcement types anyway since that would then require (at its simplest) a FH related & Non FH Related announcements board. Too many boards start to clutter up the site eventually and water down the purpose of other board like the Member Bio & Journals, Media, and Community Activities Hub boards.

We do greatly appreciate your feedback though so please do not let this discourage you from sharing other ideas or suggestions you may have in the future.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:00:43 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 10:22:27 pm »
I appreciate the support and feedback everyone, very nice to hear everyone else's opinions on this <3.

And thank you Sura for clearing this up, as I said before I wasn't quite sure if there was such a place for these sort of threads to fit in. But seeing as there are proper places for them, I'm glad I could bring this to attention as I see a lot of these threads posted in the wrong place. Hopefully in the future users will do what you have suggested in order to get their updates and announcements across. Thanks again, appreciate the response! c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.