Author Topic: How important are the forums to you?  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
How important are the forums to you?
« on: August 08, 2016, 04:07:32 pm »
Whew, okay, so I just came back after a vacation and a few days of unannounced inactivity due to summer school work *shakes fists in air* but the first the I noticed when I logged into the forums was the overwhelming stack of "Unread Messgaes". Normally, my method of checking messages includes first skimming through new replies to my posts, and then checking the unread topics to see what's up. And yes, I normally sit there until I've gone through them all XD

So I was just wondering, how important are the forums to you? To me it's like a whole other fun community in itself, almost like a fun place to share and create and chat. What do you guys think about it? Are you as crazy as I am to go through every new topic? How much time do you find yourself dedicating to the forums? What do you enjoy most about them?
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: How important are the forums to you?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 04:22:40 pm »
These forums mean allot to me, but more so does the community.
I'm not as involved in the community as I used to be, I don't post as often as I did back in the day, but this place still holds a special part of my heart.

It's one of the very first communities I ever encountered, and it truly drew me in and 'raised' me as a grew on the internet. I've met so many amazing people here, seen allot of talent and tons of creativity that just oozes throughout the community.
There are people I've met here who I may have only talked to once or twice, but they've helped me in ways they may never know.

I'm so, unimaginably grateful that I found this place and met this community, because it has done allot for me and I want to give as much back as well. Even if I'm not the most social person here, or the most involved, or the most active. I'm just happy to be here.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 06:25:14 pm »
The forums are practically my second home. I love coming on every day and looking around to see what new things have happened, and to see if anyone needs help. That's what I love the most about it, helping others. I always get a good feeling when I succeed in helping someone. So the forums are very very important to me. ^^

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »
The forums are important to me because all the members make me feel happy. Also it is fun scrolling through threads and looking at all the creative ideas everyone has.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:58:57 am »
Without them i'd be so lost at meshes maps & items!  And i'd still have the default ears, not downloaded ones.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline ToxicWolf9876

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • got nothing to say
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 02:10:08 am »
Forums are important to me because i feel that they're good for me when im bored or haves nothing to do since i can find really fun threads, ex: stories,screenshots,forum discussion,forums games, etc

and there are alot of fun members out there, when im upset, depressed,stressed i daily go to the forums and post because they make me happy.

my in-game username is "toxicwolf" and you'll rarely find me

Offline OutofBreath

• Yasamin
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 40
  • gone from feralheart but not from chickens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 04:56:33 pm »
The forum is the only place where I can share my art, literally. Also the only place where I can view other people's art.
Anndd it's fun to look at old threads. Forum games are fun, too.
profile picture by IsabellaGraceS

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 12:57:23 pm »
Now that I think of it, the FH forums actually did play a huge role within my social life. Mainly since I've never had the guts to pull myself into social media. Even though I may haven't been around long enough to fully realise it, this forum was my first place of learning and I gained a lot more self-confidence and I found a bunch of amazing people here too!
It was also the first place I've shared my art too, which I have kept to myself all these years. Heck, if I weren't in the forums I may have never thought of moving to other forums and websites.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160