Author Topic: Can't connect to front server?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect to front server?
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 07:27:50 pm »
connecting with a moblie hotspot might not be working because the kind of ip address on the hotspot and what is assigned to the computer do not match. this is kind of like a proxy. hotspots do work for some people but the connection is volatile.

connect to a wi-fi router instead if you can.

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 08:05:28 pm »
I tried it and still got the same result. Do you think the type of internet I'm using is the problem? I'm currently trying to play on my mobile hotspot (which I'm sure is supposed to work the same?)

Popping in here --

I do know mobile hotspots do not have the same strength per say as an actual router, and that can be the cause of failing to connect to the front server. I also believe the log in page has to be open on the same device that is running your game as well though I could be wrong.

Oh, so my hotspot is probably the cause? Since it's my only means of internet, I'm hoping that's not the case! Then I won't be able to play FH at all.

Flurr

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 08:15:30 pm »
Hello, North! My best suggestion would be to look here. It should help connection issues you may be having, hoping the best it works out for you!

--> https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=10423.msg144690#msg144690

Calvary

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 08:20:11 pm »
It likely is the hotspot unfortunately! Hotspots work very poorly in terms of connecting, especially to the login page.

Sometimes when my internet is down I use my phone hotspot to do other things, and unfortunately FH isn't one of them. It won't let me connect to the front server, let alone let me log into the login page. If this is all you have, what I would try doing is going to Best Buy or some place near you, and ask them if they have any routers or modems and tell them your situation. They'll know how to deal with it and give you a few options.

There are some routers that are like a 'hotspot' but with a stronger connection that work just as well as any internet service router.

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 08:36:41 pm »
Alright, thank you everyone for the help! I'm going to take your advice and see what my local tech company can do, and in the meantime stick to just browsing the forums. ^^
I really appreciate you all trying to help me fix the problem in the meantime!

Calvary

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 08:54:57 pm »
I wish you luck, North! Let us know what happens and keep us updated. <3

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 05:57:37 am »
I don't know how elite you are but if you can run the IP tester at https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59711.msg820865#msg820865 then spoof your IP browser using methods to match the one on there you'd be pretty much free to roam as you please.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline NorthWinds

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 05:55:18 pm »
I don't know how elite you are but if you can run the IP tester at https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59711.msg820865#msg820865 then spoof your IP browser using methods to match the one on there you'd be pretty much free to roam as you please.
I'd unfortunately have no idea how to do that. But thank you for the help! It seems I just won't be able to play via hotspot. Since the only way I know of changing IP is with VPN, and I'd rather not go that route.