Game & Forum Discussion > Game Discussion

Discord-Only Vs. FH Roleplays

(1/5) > >>

Pawfreak:
So, there is something that have been bothering me a lot.

As time has passed, more and more people has been opting for Discord based roleplays, where all the roleplaying happens within the more convenient, non-limiting chatbox of the software/website. Which well, I don't blame then, in-game Roleplaying can be hard, and being able to post during a trip or in the work does have it's advantages.

Warning: If you don't want to see my rant, don't click the spoiler button
spoiler

Edolicious:
I'm with you on this one, as I've had the same frustrations in the past.

Group discords that were merely meant to be a social hub were fun! It was nice to be able to stay in touch with people when you weren't able to sit down and start up the game, or didn't have the time to roleplay.

But as soon as rp channels n whatnot are added, I suppose it becomes difficult to manage between in-game and on discord. Especially since once roleplay starts on discord, it's usually hard to bring that topic to roleplaying in the game.

So personally I'm with you on this, but to each their own.

FlyingGrass:
I prefer a mix between Discord and FH.
I can't grow my group(Mechanicafeles) in its WIP phase where I'm rarely ingame and people who don't see me online think I've left FH, so I feel that every member of the group has to know what's happening while the group's offline, that's where my group's Discord server comes in, I believe it lets people know that when the group isn't ingame the group is still running.

Our Discord server has a channel for roleplay, but it follows a different storyline than the ingame roleplay, the ingame roleplay follows the events of Mechanicafeles' real plot.
I believe I have confusion-proofed my Discord server very well, but as the group hasn't grown yet, I won't know for sure if Mechanicafeles is going to encounter problems with its Discord server.

Arkham_Scout:
Honesty, I dislike these discord only roleplays. It take the fun out of roleplaying on Feral heart. I mean half of the people on Feral Heart can't get a discord. It's just unfair and half the time, Discord doesn't work, and if you're not active in the discord group you can be easily kicked or banned from that group. Feral Heart on the other hand, you can rejoin the group anytime.

I mean yes, Discord based roleplays are great but think about everyone else who can't get an discord. Half the roleplays on feral heart are just kids and can't join discord.

#Thinkofthekids

wolfdog01:
Agreed. When I started FH, you acted out what was happening the best you could, you didn't just sit there and tab out to type in discord (honestly I don't understand why people log on anyways just to tab off of the game for hours). Not to mention a lot of the rps seem very complicated with a massive plot and all these rules and things, just make simple rps that everyone on FH can join without a discord to keep things updated. I think that is why it seems like a lot of rps are dead or there is just nothing to join, because everyone is on discord. You would have never known this was a roleplaying game without the tiny ads here and there on the forum or the spam of movies in game because no one actually seems to rp ingame anymore. It's depressing. I myself am getting out of discord because it blows up my phone. I didn't join the server just to mute it, so not everyone really wants/can get discord. If I didn't want a 3D representation of what was happening I would read a book or fanfics or never signed up for FH in the first place.
For those few groups that I know of that rp ingame, good on you! Don't ever stop! Seeing someone rp ingame wil insipre other people to join or even make their own group. The public rps are the ones that really help with this. It used to be easy to just jump in and join a random rp about horses or TLK or something, no one had any real groups and discord wasn't really a thing. You just hopped on, found some people who seemed nice, and started rping around them; half the time they would rp with you and it'd be a fun time. We need more of that honestly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version