Author Topic: What would make the game sky-rocket again?  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Saba

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not much to say really
    • View Profile
What would make the game sky-rocket again?
« on: November 20, 2019, 07:25:52 pm »
Whenever I see Feralheart I can't help but compare it to other games. Out-dated is what this game is at the moment. It no longer attracts people to join in large amounts.  Don't get me wrong, I love this game and the people we have here. But this game simply no longer looks as good. There may be people who will argue on this and that is understandable. This is solely my own opinion. C:

Graphics and the way the game is coded is the problem for the most part. Luckily, with coding we will cope eventually as very dedicated people popped up recently C:
What we could do is replacing default meshes. Character models might be a little tricky but stuff like rocks and foliage wouldn't be too much of a problem. But with that comes a question. What style should we use in the future? Realistic or cartoonish? A poll could be made on the forum and people could voice their opinions. Depending on the results, the game could take steps forward. With new meshes, the game will keep it's purpose but could look better.

Once we get past the coding stuff, game could experience major changes which would be beneficial. This of course takes a lot of time so we would have to be very patient.
Game also desperately needs promotion if it's to survive for years to come. No one can change my mind on that. What once used to be 300 people is now about 83.

Also, while I understand it's for the safety reasons, having to log in on the page itself is pretty annoying. One will rethink their choice to play due to that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:30:45 pm by Saba »
I think it's time to go for greener pastures.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: What would make the game sky-rocket again?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 08:35:27 pm »
Hm, nice ideas!

Art by QuietMacaroni

BirdieBeep

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 09:51:54 pm »
You do bring up good concerns and ideas, as far as I know, the next update will address these issues with FH being outdated for today's standards.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 10:49:33 pm »
I don't have much to add, just this:

"What style should we use in the future? Realistic or cartoonish?"
I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to achieve this, but I'm interested in there being a mixture of this.
That way, we get the best of both worlds, right?

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 10:53:41 pm »
I do think Feral Heart is heading towards a more realistic approach as far as the graphics go. Doesn't mean this will take away the fantasy of Feral Heart and other unnatural aspects of the game. I'm hoping to see some new fantasy/mythical maps in the future, similarly to old Sky's Rim and Temple of Dreams maps. Feral Heart always had that side and it was never meant to be only a realistic animal multiplayer game. Hopefully if there is an update, where Feral Heart will get the hd, modern look and feel to it, it will still feel like Feral Heart and that that won't take away all the good aspects that this game has and had, and what made it stand out from IT servers in the past. Having a new, high quality and more realistic look to it, with many more features in the future, will definitely attract new audiences who will stick around for longer, just like we did when we first heard about Feral Heart, when it still had old maps and only so many features, without any ''real'' updates to the s.c. and the game. Having that available now, gives a lot more freedom and brings everyone's hopes up higher when thinking of the future development of the game.

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

ungodlycoyote

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 11:24:32 pm »
Guys, don't forget that the dev team post spoilers and tidbits about new stuff coming to fh on the discord server, feral neighborhood!
https://discord.gg/jMUuCxd
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 11:27:59 pm by ungodlycoyote »

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 02:39:44 am »
trust me - we've got a lot of sneak peaks that'll get you excited for the future  ;)

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 08:04:53 am »
Realistic or cartoonish?  Why not both!
It had it's roots in both.

As for promotion, i can only guess that social media would play a role in that. Probably combined with user made creations (I've tried making comics as an example, arty people could do similar things & they might gain traction & people would be like "What is that?" and find the game that way)
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Saba

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not much to say really
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 09:22:26 am »
Thanks, everyone! I also imagine the future updates heading more towards something in-between the styles. Also, I joined the discord server. Words can't explain how much I love the spoilers <3 Keep it up everyone!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 09:41:09 am by Saba »
I think it's time to go for greener pastures.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 07:27:15 pm »
I just hope the next update will be the a bomb <3
doing what i feel like