Author Topic: Game crashes when i try to change the mask name (Map Maker)  (Read 3613 times)

Offline aryana100

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • iuliathewolf
    • /c/Ritsukii
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes when i try to change the mask name (Map Maker)
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 08:57:55 pm »
So i tryed to do the mask and now is working it's not crashing the game anymore when i write in Terrain Alpha Map, but how do i save the progress i do in map maker and can continue later?

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 09:36:37 pm »
So glad it worked!

All you do is put names and a title for the map, and click "Save" on the first tab.

The "Map Name" is what shows up in the bottom box. That box contains the maps that you have saved and can edit at any time.

The "Map Display Name" is what shows up when you stand in front of it's portal, as well as when you enter the map.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline aryana100

• Dedicated Supporter
    • iuliathewolf
    • /c/Ritsukii
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 09:52:13 pm »
And how i can move the portal, it's everytime besides the map

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 10:42:41 pm »

I can't draw circles shhh

You need to place the bottom numbers (circled red, blue, and black) in the corresponding boxes above.

To find where you want to place your portal, you need to hover your mouse over the spot where you want your portal. Once there, take a peace of paper and write down all the numbers before the "." as you don't need the extra numbers after it. It will help if you label them which one is which.
An example being;

X [numbers] (circled in red)
Y [numbers] (circled in blue)
Z [numbers]  (circled in black)

Be careful not to move your mouse while you write them down. If you accidentally move your mouse, then restart writing them down.

After you've written them down, go ahead and enter the numbers into the boxes and test your map to make sure the portal is where you want it to be.

Quick note; X is left and right, Y is up and down, and Z is forwards and backwards.

The arrival yaw is for your character entering the map. To set that up, you need to move your in-game camera to where you want to load into the map (this includes what direction you want to be facing). Once there, you need to write down the Arrival Yaw (circled in yellow) and input all the numbers. This means even the ones past the "." into the final box.

Once done if you want to check it out and make sure everything is working properly, go into Cape and find the portal to your map and enter it. From there you should spawn where you put the concordance. Simply just adjust it if it's not what you want.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:45:43 pm by Ame88 »

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline aryana100

• Dedicated Supporter
    • iuliathewolf
    • /c/Ritsukii
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 07:47:36 pm »
And how i can make the map more bigger

Offline aryana100

• Dedicated Supporter
    • iuliathewolf
    • /c/Ritsukii
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 08:40:24 pm »
Well it doesn't work to save the map, it says "Invalid map name"

SpicyDirt

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 10:00:52 pm »
The "Map Name" shouldn't have any spaces in it. Also, to change the size you'll see 2 boxes on the first or second page that says "border size." If you change those numbers the map will be bigger 😁

Offline Ame88

• Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 04:57:42 am »
To make the map smaller or larger, higher or lower, you need to edit the Width and Height margins in the World tab.

The Width will change the size. So if you want to make the map bigger or smaller, then mess with the Width numbers. A bigger number means a bigger map, and a smaller number means a smaller map.

The Height will change the height. So if you want to make mountains or hills bigger or smaller, then mess with the Height numbers. A bigger number means a higher hill, and a smaller number means a smaller hill.

As for the name, like Spicy said, you cannot have a space in the Map Name.

The Map Display Name can have spaces in it, but the Map Name cannot have spaces.

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2020, 05:36:28 am »
You can also use this guide for a simplified step-by-step process of mapmaking. c:
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=62143.0
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.