Author Topic: Issues With Censorship  (Read 3284 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Issues With Censorship
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 12:11:56 am »
If you have a question why the xSpirit links were censored that’s because Razmirz censored them days ago. Since this is his site and his server he will do whatever he wants with it as it is within his right to. Users of this website (you, staff etc) agreed to his terms and conditions. Raz reserves the right to make whatever changes he sees fit. If users don’t like these changes they’re free to respectfully voice their opinion but that doesn’t mean he’s going to listen or change things. If users continue to find their experience some how hampered or tarnished by these word changes they’re free to stop using the service.

Staff don’t control Raz.

Next:

The 2018 No moderator oct. phrase, “censoring” was done by myself as a cheesy but honest playful attempt to mitigate the topic every time it was brought up. Raz and the staff involved with that sorted that out ages ago, apologies were made, and things moved on. A small handful of folks in the community with an itch for stirring drama over old irrelevant topics kept bringing up the phrase however. Even though that horse was dead these select few folks would beat it back up into every and any possible conversation to use it as a point of blame for everything & anything wrong with FH (Especially the dots.) Rather than civil discussion or respectful reference, the phrase was used as an underhanded tool to start needless drama again. Often on threads supposedly claiming how “drama” was killing FH you’d see this, and it would contradict everything.

So hey I decided to throw in a little innocent “joke” and swap out the phrase with something as random but also self reflective as the death of Harambe. I try to use my light hearted humor as a way to remind people to get a grip and stop going ape and getting at each others throats over a game. Because it’s so stupid and senseless already. I’d rather people step back and laugh even if it’s a stupid cheesy thing.

But hey “censorship” = Communism = FH staff? Idk. There will always be some who will find a way to make something out of nothing so it’s up to every individual what they make of it. Just don’t jump into mob mentality before thinking about it. Stupid? Unprofessional? Old meme? Yeah maybe. But it’s also not big mean censoring. There’s worse things in the world I guess.

Next:

The Tiny pic links were disabled long ago because the website would recycle image links and swap out the images. Red flags came up to the staff when some innappropriate images appeared on official threads and popular threads like user made tutorials etc. Since we can’t control what is coming up with tiny pic and it’s image hosting we had to remove it. Was it inconvenient? Yeah a bit but it’s better safe than sorry?

Next:

Discord. The word discord itself is NOT censored. The links to Discord are however censored and the main reason for doing so is for user safety. If the word Discord itself gets censored that is automatically done by the site due to the triggers set to ban the Discord site links.

I gave an explanation on the last news letter and tried to politely explain that some very heinous individuals were using Discord through our site as a platform to lure users off our site/game’s moderation into unlawful/disturbing activities.

If you’d look at the issue through this lenses you’d see why this wasn’t a tough decision for FH staff to make since we value our community’s safety first. This wasn’t a punishment, as I said before it’s unfortunate to those who use the platform appropriately for FH. Ideally FH staff would have liked to integrate a system that brings the convenience and likable type of features Discord offers to FH. This would allow us to safely moderate and protect the community while offering them the tools they enjoy in a safer environment. This would also have solved some of the other issues Discord has presented.

Trust me when I say we looked at so many ways to work with it but ultimately this was the safest, most effective, and manageable choice. We can not possibly constantly check up on every Discord and all its channels daily just to make sure users aren’t up to or getting strung into nefarious activities.

You can still use your Discords. We simply ask that you don’t link them on the FH site. Thank you kindly.

But yeah there’s nothing much else to say that hasn’t been said. Thanks for voicing your concerns. I hope this eases your mind. Don’t worry we’re not going to pull a CCP on FH. It would never get that far.

Unless Raz wants to?