Help & Guidance > Mapping Tutorials

Objects Not Showing In-Game? Look Here!

<< < (2/2)

Warriorstrike:
Thank you for putting this little guide together and sharing it with the community. I'm sure this will be very helpful for those who are experiencing these problems in the future or perhaps those who are viewing this thread right now and finding a solution. Saving objects can be tricky if you don't know how to do it, but you've made it nice and clear here, which I'm sure many will appreciate.

Ruby1234:

--- Quote from: MorgraWolf on September 15, 2016, 10:58:19 pm ---I know what you mean with the generic mapnames. I used to have to make a subfolder in exports or somewhere on my computer with duplicate named map files when I wanted to install another map that happened to have the same name without completely removing it. Also, the slight fear I get that people's object groups (i.e. "WombatAnimalPack.fho") aren't the same as other people's and might mess up previously installed maps' objects.

The problem is solved when people do what you suggest and make their names unique and save their own object groups.

It's also easier to uninstall maps when you see an object file with the same name as its map.

Hope people find this. Really useful information you have here.

--- End quote ---
Aaa, thanks. I appreciate it.
Link all your friends. Or anyone really. cx

--- Quote from: Warriorstrike on September 16, 2016, 09:33:06 pm ---Thank you for putting this little guide together and sharing it with the community. I'm sure this will be very helpful for those who are experiencing these problems in the future or perhaps those who are viewing this thread right now and finding a solution. Saving objects can be tricky if you don't know how to do it, but you've made it nice and clear here, which I'm sure many will appreciate.

--- End quote ---
My pleasure!~?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version