Author Topic: Let's have a talk about censorship  (Read 16429 times)

l3irdie

Let's have a talk about censorship
« on: July 17, 2020, 11:58:03 pm »
I know I said I'd leave forever and I will after this, but I just have a few thoughts and a question.
I don't have any intention to start "drama" or to make anyone look bad, the only thing I wish to gain from this clarity because I've got quite a few emotions over this.

So... what's up with continued censorship and hiding a thread asking where the mental health resources went?
xSpirit made it around Christmas with completely innocent and good intentions, it was just to lend a helping hand to the greater community and to show that know, staff cared about users and their wellbeing.
But it was suddenly removed from what I assume is because there are grievances between fhu's team and yours.
And I just want to say that, if that is so, that isn't really okay nor a valid reason to remove a helpful resource and something that generally means well. Because it just appears to be done out of spite to me.
I'm just frustrated that this happened and that certain threads or things are censored, hidden or removed.
Especially things that are made with good intentions.

I apologize in advance if this ruffles any feathers, but I'm just seeking answers and reasoning for these things.
I sincerely hope this isn't treated the same way as you treated the two threads I mentioned or is locked, because my frustrations and assumptions would be solidified.

That said, probably my last thread (i hope)
Here's the national suicide helpline in the US: 1-800-273-8255
As well as some international resources for Europe; https://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/

peace,

Calvary

Re: Let's have a talk about censorship
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 12:03:36 am »
I could've sworn I brought this up before but in relation to something different. https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68253.0

If anyone remembers that thread. The only reason threads like that should be hidden is if it involves something against the rules, which asking a question about where a certain board/topic has gone isn't against the rules, so I'm not sure why it was even removed or hidden in the first place, which simply makes this whole ordeal more of a direct point.

this is getting ridiculous. seriously.

Cilantro

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 12:17:51 am »
I bet 5$ that staff will reply with "We cant control Raz".

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 12:43:48 am »
A response to this thread as well as this one:

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=68698.0

"AppleCider" aka Birdie,

The thread you speak of was deleted by Razmirz. None of us staff (admins or moderators) deleted the thread or even know why it was deleted.

In the future do not lie to perpetuate a false narrative. It's not becoming of a former MOTS of the Feral Heart Community or anyone in general.

We will be recreating a new thread with helpful guidelines and information for those seeking help.

Calvary

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 12:47:07 am »
AppleCider and Birdie are not the same person, Suragaha. But thank you for showing how you did an entire IP search to slant an entire topic that was genuinely concerning.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 12:58:40 am »

We will be recreating a new thread with helpful guidelines and information for those seeking help.

[/quote]

Sura didn't really slant the entire topic. A new one is going to be made.

Aureilius

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 01:00:26 am »
oof size: large

ClarettaVerus

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 01:05:42 am »
A new thread shouldn't *have* to be made if one was already created.

Also, since when has having multiple accounts been a bannable offense? May want to update your rules there, hun.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 01:06:34 am »
the original thread i had about general chat being brought back has been archived without so much as a word for possibly months

not mad just kinda sad and confused.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline leda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 01:08:03 am »
this time on "how to not run a community"
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !