Author Topic: Should Age really matter? (opinions please)  (Read 14669 times)

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Should Age really matter? (opinions please)
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 03:25:57 am »
I'm 20 and was kicked out of a pack for this and got called a creeper and a pedo. I was completely offended.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 06:27:44 am »
|D heck, I know people who are younger than I am who are more mature than me lol

Offline StormNight

• Rak's Pimp ?
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65527
  • That's some nice sockssssssss you got there...
    • View Profile
    • Stormie's Deviant Art
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 07:03:28 am »
Depends, like age 20-25 I don't really mind, but if its someone like the age of 43 (I've one like that) I would keep my distance, I mean like, what the hell is a guy so old doing in a teenage/kid's game? Don't they have job and family? I think you get my point. Besides isn't it a bit weird that a guy of 43 years old, is a close friend of someone who is lets say around 12-14. I would think its strange, but eh once again My mind my opinions
?~? ? ?Stormie? ? ?~?

I will never let you go
The halls with marble walls
Reflect my fear, my smile so insincere ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »
I think I might know who you're talking about, and yeah...I find it strange too for someone so old.

People can play what they like and stuff, though at that point I begin to find it rather odd.

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 09:02:18 pm »
It's all good, I'm 20 as well. I've never been insulted for it though. Think of it this way, role play originally was over taken by people 18 and over, since years ago, the internet wasn't so child friendly and easy to navigate through. If you're my age, how many 13-15 year olds about 8 years ago were on the internet with such ease? RP started in forums and was mainly all multi-paragraph too.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline Wolfwing104

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me ingame with the username Wolfwing104
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 09:10:02 pm »
Don't feel bad about being "old" or any age. I mean, wouldn't FeralHeart have said something if they didn't want 20-year-olds on here??

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 09:13:32 pm »
That would be weird for an age limit in general. XD ... And besides, you aint old anywhere above your 20's.
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 10:45:46 pm »
In my opinion, it shouldn't really matter hold old you are, age-wise.

You could be a thirteen year-old in a ten year-old's body, metaphorically speaking.
In short, when it comes to Feralheart, in my mind it depends on the maturity.
I mean, it's the internet; when your on the internet for uses other then educational things, you always have to be aware that there are thousands of people also there.

Even on educational websites, there are even ads to online MMORPGS, clothing, etc.
And on Feralheart, just because someone isn't used to swearing doesn't mean every single member's gonna stop swearing for them.

And saying that it's "Not exactly kid friendly" isn't gonna make the game some kiddie-safe educational game where everything is censored through a dictionary of simple words and the only thing ya get to do is learn your ABCs.

Okay, now I'm sounding stupid :/

Just to set a point here; Feralheart runs off the internet, just as any online game; anyone can join, but what our younger users need to realize is that by joining the game, they are accepting that there are members out there who will cuss, and swear, etc. So if they don't find the enviroment confortable enough for them, it's best that they find another game to play, and come back when they are ready to accept it.

The game basically has it's own rating of PG-13, and I don't think it has any plans on changing that rating; so if you don't like that, come back later :)

Of course though, I honestly would admit it; I'd be a little frightened if I met a player who said they were somewhere above 40 years old; just as StormNight said...maybe because video games are rather new, if you looked at it in today's timeline (Especially these types of games.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:15:07 am by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 11:26:33 pm »

Just to set a point here; Feralheart runs off the internet, just as any online game; anyone can join, but what our younger users need to realize is that by joining the game, they are accepting that there are members out there who will cuss, and swear, etc. So if they don't find the enviroment confortable enough for them, it's best that they find another game to play, and come back when they are ready to accept it.

Yeah, that's one thing I don't like, when you find a younger user creating a huge drama because they think they should be treated special because they're only 10 or 12 or something.

Offline Wolfwing104

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me ingame with the username Wolfwing104
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 11:34:26 pm »
In my opinion, it shouldn't really matter hold old you are, age-wise.

The game basically has it's own rating of PG-13, and I don't think it has any plans on changing that rating; so if you don't like that, come back later :)

I agree. I wouldn't mind have a ten-year-old on here, though, as long as he or she was mature enough to handle minor cusses/mating/etc.