Author Topic: How To Run Custom Maps?  (Read 1177 times)

abba

How To Run Custom Maps?
« on: September 10, 2021, 07:15:22 pm »
Hey guys!

For the life of me, I can't remember how to run custom/public downloadable maps into Feral Heart. I have the .zip files, but am not sure how or where to import it into the game's files to get the Map accessible through the Cape of Distant Worlds. When I had a friend send me THEIR custom Map, it's a .fhm file, but I'm not sure how to convert - or get it to be, that file type.

I tried viewing Blackeme99's tutorial on how to run custom Maps, but the comments say that since the original post is outdated, and the user is currently no longer active, there's not a high chance of it working..

Any and all advice is welcome, and thank you for reading.

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
Re: How To Run Custom Maps?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:47:02 pm »
So, with a zip file you need something to unzip it with like winrar unless there is a default one on your computer. Once it opens it should be a folder. Unless otherwise stated in a text file, typically titled "READ ME", everything should go in your exports.

Hope that helps!

abba

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 09:42:16 pm »
Hey Blood!
Does the whole folder go into my Exports, or should I take the contents out of the folder and then transferred to my Exports? I tried importing the folder as a whole, but nothing showed up in the Cape. I'll try the files themselves and see if anything works.

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 11:57:21 pm »
Hey Blood!
Does the whole folder go into my Exports, or should I take the contents out of the folder and then transferred to my Exports? I tried importing the folder as a whole, but nothing showed up in the Cape. I'll try the files themselves and see if anything works.

Take the contents of the folder and copy and paste them into the exports folder! Then it should work