Author Topic: Shy Role player  (Read 5930 times)

Offline dawnrunner1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Call me...Bunni! :D
    • View Profile
Shy Role player
« on: April 04, 2013, 02:15:22 am »
(idk if this is the right place)
I am good at role playing and I am pretty literate so I want to find a clan or pack I can role play with.But I only have one problem. I am shy, in fact to shy to even join one :-\ I normally sit around in FP looking for a role play to join or to wait for someone to ask if I want to join them but every time someone asks me if i want to join i really want to say yes but i end up being to shy and log off like I was never there.Can anyone give me some advice? :-[
work is not mine :3

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
Re: Shy Role player
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:35:35 am »
I would type up my post and reply with closed eyes. xD Once someone starts to role-play with you, just show off your skills! Really, I just post and click off to another tab, searching things until I got replied to. No one is ever left out in role-plays actually, and I think having one role-play buddy than a lot of others is better, because it helps you open up actually.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 03:16:54 am »
D'aww. Don't be shy, there's nothing to be afraid of. <: If the person you ask is a meany head towards you don't back down in fear, you should be more angry at them for being rude if you are just asking to join a RP. Besides, most people really want people to join their RP, turning someone down would be stupid.
I know this is kind of stupid of me, but if you are into magicz and stuff feel free to join my RP. My name is Silvertide in game, same as here. I have the link to my RP in my sig.

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:20:42 am »
Well I was pretty shy when I first joined.
For one I didn't know how to play very well and I didn't have any friends.
Its nothing to be shy about Dawn!
Just jump into a rp and have fun. :)

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:07:52 am »
Sitting around and waiting for someone to invite you into an RP really won't get you anywhere most of the time. Often times I ask to join in mapless roleplays, and they invite me in without any hesitation. There are some players that are more picky at who they roleplay. You just got to find a roleplay that you will be comfortable playing in. Try to find one that is very inviting and one that doesn't discriminate players based on their literacy skills.
Shyness won't get you anywhere. If you want to RP with someone or a group, you have to be bold, confident, and ready to play. Otherwise, you will be alone. You won't get their attention unless you speak up. Don't be a Shy Ronnie.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:10:12 am by LadyAlizarin »
Inactive

Offline Crowfather

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • "Derp."
    • View Profile
    • Galdu Arima
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:35:27 am »
D'awww, no need to be shy Dawn. Many individuals of FeralHeart are actually very accepting and will gladly accept you into their roleplays. In fact, ever since I first joined this community (which has been a year ago though I just never used the Forums until now), I haven't witnessed one roleplay rejecting a certain member that succeeds their requirements. Each roleplay is different and so are the members within the roleplay. If you're more of a shy fellow, I recommend joining a more smaller group, like one newly made. If the individuals within the group are of your dislike, don't hesitate to leave with or even without an explanation. For trust me, it took me a while to find the floofs I hang around now. It just takes time and a welcoming smile. c:
Oh and trust me, I was a BIG derp and very shy once I first joined this game but now, I've learned a lot and came to trust most of the FeralHeartians and the community. I've opened up and made FeralHeart my virtual home. I'm sure the same will happen to you.~
Shove em' in a sack and throw em' over
Feed em' to the hungry rats for dinner

Shoot em' through the heart with a loaded pistol
Slice their throats with a rusty cleaver

Offline dawnrunner1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Call me...Bunni! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 10:24:11 pm »
Thank you guys, this really helps a lot! ;D
work is not mine :3

Offline Hotdogsrule

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • i eat cereal at 6 pm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 12:25:18 am »
Usually, when I first join an RP, I find myself somewhere off from the others.
Especially if the RP has a site, after a few weeks/days, I've warmed up, become well-known in the group (Because I'm active), and we're all buddies.

So anyone who's super-shy, I encourage you to push out of your comfort zone at a steady pace, and before you know it, you're besties! xD

bork
(i don't even like hotdogs)