Author Topic: unable to open feral heart!!!  (Read 1149 times)

Offline ceciliafoust4

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
unable to open feral heart!!!
« on: June 23, 2020, 11:55:40 pm »
Hi everyone, I am a Mac user and had to install FeralHeart via PlayonMac. Earlier today, I attempted to boot up some of the old maps by downloading this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwqv0BDen5u_RTlkVUhqN2Fpd0U/view
and replacing the old "exports" and "media" folders with the ones from the download above. However, now, when I attempt to open up Feral Heart, I repeatedly get the message "The program FeralHeart.exe has encountered a serious error and needs to close."

It also says "this can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine." I'm not sure if that helps.

Any help in solving this issue is so, so greatly appreciated. I'm happy to answer any questions to make it easier to figure out what the problem is. I just wanna run around the maps of my childhood, y'all. I'm nostalgic. ;-;

SpicyDirt

Re: unable to open feral heart!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 11:59:40 pm »
Hey there! I'd say do a fresh install of the game to fix the broken files. Replacing the media/exports can sometimes really mess with a game ~ especially since those maps are old. In the future, if you'd like to install them again, I'd recommend going into the media/exports folders themselves and copying and pasting them into the normal FH files. If that doesn't work, I can try to find a working download for you. c:

Offline ceciliafoust4

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 12:02:22 am »
Hey! Thanks for the response! I'll admit I'm a bit new at this, since I had to go about the installation through a convoluted method due to being a Mac user, how can I best uninstall and reinstall it?

SpicyDirt

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 12:30:31 am »
That is completely understandable. c: Being a Mac user does already make things very difficult. The best way to reinstall would be to follow this tutorial here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=66865.0

Once you do that, test the game to make sure that it opens and runs alright, then you can go about adding new maps. I hope this helps you out c:

Offline Dentrimental

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • "Promise me we'll always be there for eachother."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 09:50:52 pm »
I hope it goes well with you💕 good luck!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Thank you for gracing me with your presence!

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 04:57:41 am »
Unfotunuately it's a problem with Playonmac, as the program no longer works with the Catalina update for Mac. I'd suggest using Wineskin for FH, as it's free. Crossover is another replacement but it costs a buttload.