Author Topic: My preset is having trouble being shown to other players (FIXED!)  (Read 1869 times)

Offline DoctorMario

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
This has happened with two different presets now. Despite other players downloading my fhp file, my preset just doesn't show up for them. I've doublechecked if the username of the preset and the username I use to log in matches, and they do. It's *all lowercase "doctormario", and the name of the fhp file is "doctormario_6.fhp"
https://imgur.com/WZY6so4
I don't think the file has in any way been corrupted or messed up through downloads-- our pack has a preset folder that everyone downloads and I checked the file and it's perfectly fine.
So what gives? I hope someone can help solve this issue.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:24:22 pm by DoctorMario »

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Re: My preset is having trouble being shown to other players
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 11:20:27 pm »
Hello DoctotMario,

It seems to me that it may be an issue on their end rather then your own.

Are they deffinantly putting it in the correct file (presets)?

If so have they downloaded your _6 preset in the past? It may save as "doctormario_6(1).fhp", ask them if it has a "(#)" # being any number inside brackets, if it does they need to take it away by re-naming it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:29:19 pm by Chipz »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 01:01:26 am »
Adding another possible solution next to Chipz's~

Did you already have a preset exported from _6, and then export this new one over it? If so, it's usually always best to delete or remove the current _6 (or whatever preset number you are going to export) before exporting the new one.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline DoctorMario

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 01:30:32 am »
Thank you for responding to my post~
I checked with some people that downloaded the fhp and it's precisely "doctormario_6.fhp"
Example:
https://imgur.com/VyiBZiV

Thanks for bringing up the possibility, but it doesn't look like this is what's up :(

Offline DoctorMario

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 01:31:43 am »
Adding another possible solution next to Chipz's~

Did you already have a preset exported from _6, and then export this new one over it? If so, it's usually always best to delete or remove the current _6 (or whatever preset number you are going to export) before exporting the new one.

Nope, this is actually my first time using preset 6

Offline DoctorMario

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 06:51:52 am »
+Adding on, I deleted the original doctormario_6.fhp file and re-exported it and had someone re-download the preset. Still didn't show up D:

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 08:35:37 am »
The exporter and fhp files can be case sensitive with usernames. Even if you login as doctormario with all lowercase, I see your user is DoctorMario with capitalizations, and that may be the issue. Perhaps delete the fhp file, try logging in with the capitlizations in your user, and then export it so its DoctorMario_6.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 10:35:06 am »
I'll add something for what LadySigyn said: you can't export preset when you didn't write username. So make sure you wrote it correctly, when you write "DoctorMario", file should be named "DoctorMario_6.fhp".
On new account Aiiokia

Offline DoctorMario

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 06:18:03 pm »
The exporter and fhp files can be case sensitive with usernames. Even if you login as doctormario with all lowercase, I see your user is DoctorMario with capitalizations, and that may be the issue. Perhaps delete the fhp file, try logging in with the capitlizations in your user, and then export it so its DoctorMario_6.
I'll add something for what LadySigyn said: you can't export preset when you didn't write username. So make sure you wrote it correctly, when you write "DoctorMario", file should be named "DoctorMario_6.fhp".
I am confused why my user here is capitalized. The log-in page for the browser (to connect to FH's server) ONLY lets me log in when it's all lowercase. If it's capitalized like "Doctormario" or "DoctorMario" all I get is text saying "done." beneath the login input. I'll keep trying to see if it's username related :/ thanks~
Turns out it didn't let me log in because the password was case sensitive too cx yes, I do feel dumb.

I did what the two above suggested and yes, it's working! Hopefully anyone else that's having the same issue can solve their problem by reading through these answers, and thank you everyone who's been super helpful~
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:27:31 pm by DoctorMario »

Online LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: My preset is having trouble being shown to other players (FIXED!)
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 11:04:32 pm »
I'm glad to hear the issue's been solved, and happy to help!