Author Topic: Let's have a talk about censorship  (Read 16758 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Let's have a talk about censorship
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 03:40:16 pm »
This thread is a trainwreck lol

Laarikin

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2020, 04:19:14 pm »
I could make the same point about Birdie posting this publicly.

Ah yes so this makes it right to publicly shame her for what you assumed. Instead of doing that you could have simply said. "Raz removed the thread, we will be making a brand spanking new thread in a bit, sorry for the inconvenience." Instead of going to her and asking her about it you banned her. Funny thing is she's still banned and her friend, isn't.. how do you justify that ban?

The problem arose when she decided to take a dishonest route to fabricate a negative story right away. Why not ask why she immediately took to a large FH Discord community to falsely report and accuse on something she had no answer to yet? Which resulted in the immediate back flow of troll accounts coming on to leave death threats, hateful comments, etc.

How is what she said dishonest at all? She was concerned about the hotline thread because it was randomly taken down and her friend used the thread. Of course everyone is either going to assume it was staff (since you guys do the moderating here) or Raz. Believing it has something to do with this weird rivalry with FHU is right to believe especially since you guys banned the remaining people on the staff team, all of which either never broke a rule, or didn't even message here, even. How do you justify that without coming to some quite obvious conclusions?

I'm not going to deny you receive death threats and hateful comments because I'm sure you do. People get a little crazy and go wild when they're angry. But blaming Birdie for it isn't even fair. She was bringing awareness to the thread and people voiced their opinions, then BAM banned. banned. banned. banned. banned. Nobody was originally trying to start this weird fight until you poked at Birdie for breaking unwritten rules, that is still banned for.

If the question came from an honest concern there would have been no need for that, and nothing would have escalated the way it has. Let’s be real here. The intention was to fan the flames of drama again needlessly and get a bunch of people to react. So before you point fingers at staff about how “poorly” they handled this situation let’s take a moment to talk about the dishonest & petty behavior of Birdie in the first place that led us all here. There’s a sequence of decisions and events that took place.

Nobody makes your decisions for you but you.

All she had to do was ask the staff a simple question. “Hey do you guys know what happened to this thread?” There didn’t need to be any strings attached, alternate accounts to build a narrative, and drama mongering in between. This could have all been avoided.

If it was an alternate account why is it now unbanned? Also she did ask a question along with her friend who asked but someone hid the thread? Look at the censorship everyone is trying to show you guys, now the thread has been brought back out publicly just to accuse them of multi-accounting which isn't even against the rules.

The staff hadn’t even realized it had been removed until the question was brought up. It took us some time to ask around and look into what happened with that thread. We couldn’t give an answer until we knew ourselves. All that needed to be had was a little patience.

And we could have waited for an answer before you nigh-doxxed Bird and her friend.

It’s like some don’t read or pretend not to read so that they can continue things. An answer was given, but the moment people see an opportunity for drama they enter a state of blind rage and press on. Then some feel the need to troll or leave unnecessary comments or inbox messages. Even telling staff to kill them selves... Exactly how is that behavior any better? It totally contradicts the conversation.

I feel like that person had a genuine question and you just insulted them for it. (I do not know who that person is)

I can say the same for staff. We have rules and terms and conditions the community agreed to when they joined. If users continue to violate those rules by causing unrest, turmoil, purposefully spreading misinformation, or causing drama etc we have to take action for the betterment of the rest of the community. We don’t like for things to get to that point.

How does this explain the mindless banning of people who didn't even say anything or who weren't even included in the conversation?

It’s deleted. That means it’s gone. Which means we need to recreate it. This jumping to assumptions and making false statements like this is what keeps breeding this drama and misinformation in this community. Raz deleted it. We don’t know why. It’s really that simple.

They're not stating anything as fact, they're theorizing. They're not trying to spread misinformation as they've stated they don't know the actual reasoning. If it was that simple, why didn't you just say that instead of making false accusations and bans toward players?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 04:52:13 pm by Laarikin »

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 05:22:49 pm »
The thread could have at least been locked and AppleCider PM'd if THIS is how you're going to approach the matter.

I could make the same point about Birdie posting this publicly. Instead of posting publicly under the guise of some friend etc she could have simply messaged us about it herself just the same. What was the need for all the extra steps?

Two wrongs do not make it right.
Fighting fire with fire, by then is near impossible to put out. While yes your reply could have been a 'heat in the moment' thing (and I recognise as well as appreciate that maybe patience lacked and I wasn't present when this occurred, so can only say so much), it could have been dealt with differently. For sure, this whole thing could have been avoided if Birdie had taken a different approach, but the response to this approach is, again, not very professional. Yet this comes from a POV of an outsider, so I won't go much further on that note - I mean no harm and only to highlight what could have been & what is from the view of... a ghost, perhaps.

After we then gave the answer which is that Raz deleted it. But still some keep on doing things like this:

Ok so wait is staff gunna say why they took it down or? So far what I'm reading theres nothing- even though they're commenting, theres no real excuse and that leaves me worried o.o

It’s like some don’t read or pretend not to read so that they can continue things. An answer was given, but the moment people see an opportunity for drama they enter a state of blind rage and press on. Then some feel the need to troll or leave unnecessary comments or inbox messages. Even telling staff to kill them selves... Exactly how is that behavior any better? It totally contradicts the conversation.

This is not condoned behaviour, as you can see at the top of my initial post, I said the comments made similarly were ridiculous and uncalled for. As for staff being told to take their own lives, I didn't see this/these message/s so will leave it out, but it's vile and abhorrent for them to have said anything along those lines.
So I don't need to express my point further.

I can say the same for staff. We have rules and terms and conditions the community agreed to when they joined. If users continue to violate those rules by causing unrest, turmoil, purposefully spreading misinformation, or causing drama etc we have to take action for the betterment of the rest of the community. We don’t like for things to get to that point.

A big issue here is that you got your answer (Raz deleted it) as well as solution (we’ll remake it) but it wasn’t enough to you all. You never want to admit that some of you tend to make a bigger deal out of things than was necessary. Then once action is taken you act like you have no idea why it happened. This response would be fitting if staff just ignored you all and didn’t offer a solution. But we didn’t.

The thread should not have been deleted in the first place.
The community was in hope that you'd back them up on that. Instead we're faced with this thread and these sorts of replies, from both ends of the spectrum - not just Staff.
To think this is how Feral Heart is nowadays, is deeply saddening and also kind of eye-rolling.

why does a new thread need to be made?

The thread xSpirit posted was very informative and helpful, as simple as it was. If the Staff really had an issue with it, then the least you guys could have done as a team was work towards revamping it rather than a new thread altogether.
Could it be because of the drama between FHU and FH? Who knows, but from my perspective it's almost as if Raz would rather have a new author of the thread so xSpirit won't be praised for doing the original helpline thread, now that he's gone forward with FHU and has a very genuine Staff team behind him. He'd rather have a member of his own team take the credit. I doubt I'm the only one that thinks that either, now that Sura has stated "we're making a new one" even though it's completely unnecessary and quite frankly, unfair treatment towards Spirit - who took his time to make that thread in the first place.There was nothing wrong with it and nothing can prove otherwise.
As hinted earlier on in this thread, it's just a sign of pettiness if my observations are true.

It’s deleted. That means it’s gone. Which means we need to recreate it. This jumping to assumptions and making false statements like this is what keeps breeding this drama and misinformation in this community. Raz deleted it. We don’t know why. It’s really that simple.

Staff are not against having such helpful material for the community. I was the one who talked about it with xSpirit when he mentioned it to me, and I told him to go for it.

It's really not a matter of 'jumping to assumptions' it's making an observation, based off of the original post of this thread. That's why I closed that point with, '...if my observations are true.' because I didn't want to come across as trying to state facts, moreso express how I felt about what's been said. I'm not spreading any information about anything, how people read it is just how people read it. I unfortunately cannot control that. My view, opinion, whatever you want to call it - is 100% not factual. If it were, I'd put a bit more effort into making a structure that describes the lead of events that occurred. Yet, that's now what I'm doing.

Raz deleted it.
He shouldn't have.
You don't know why.
We don't know why.
Raz > Staff > Community.
That's how information is relayed around here. At least, that's how FH has been trying to make it for many years now.
THAT'S why the community is a bit upset about your response, as you're all looked up to, to get answers (when you can, lack of patience is stupid) and how we deal with that is on our own grounds.

(Very fast, not very well thought out replies as I'm in a rush, hue.)

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Rackkhus

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Just your average person.
    • Rackkhus
    • Rackkhus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 06:34:38 pm »
There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

Offline Bonga

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Sigh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 06:50:31 pm »
There is no war in Ba Sing Se.

Offline Alchemist

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • professional cat dad
    • kairiku
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2020, 07:02:51 pm »
WolfQuest. Endless Forest. Animal Jam. Impressive World. My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when KovuLKD kept balance between the WolfQuest players, Endless Forest players, Animal Jam players, and Impressive World survivors. But that all changed when the Raz Nation attacked. Only KovuLKD mastered all four playerbases. Only he could stop the ruthless poorly-managed staff. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years have passed and the Raz Nation is nearing victory in the War. Two years ago, my father and the men of my community journeyed to the Endless Forest forums to help fight against the Raz Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our community. Some people believe that KovuLKD was never to return into the community, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, KovuLKD will return to save the world.

Catch you on the flip side, nine years and I'm ready to be banned from this dying game.
02/10/2011 - 07/18/2020

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2020, 07:23:28 pm »
This game isn't dying ✌️
If it is, left this community.

Btw, this topic is do hot, so have look on who's online, HOTTTT
On new account Aiiokia

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2020, 07:31:12 pm »
The reason behind why the thread was removed wasn't due to any kind of censorship, but simply that FeralHeart does not want to be responsible if something was to happen to their users. Let's say the thread told them to contact someone and they didn't get the help they needed.
People who are struggling mentally shouldn't turn to a forum to start with, unless it is a genuine mental health forum.
Why? Because there are trolls everywhere.

I've struggled with my own mental health since I hit puberty, it took a while but I can finally say that I've overcome my issues.
The only reason I'm mentioning my own problems, is because I want you to know that I can relate to the topic.
Not once have I looked to turn to feral-heart or a similar forum regarding my troubles.

The best thing anyone struggling with mental health can do, is call their doctor or local charity.

The thread won't be remade.
I know some of you guys are coming from FHU, and I understand if you have concern for people's mental well being.
I'm sure xSpirit would be happy for you to post a similar thread on his forum.
RETIRED.

Offline Dark_heart

• Professional Razmirz's Cheese Stealer
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • -- Moving account --
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2020, 07:44:05 pm »
My heart is pounding
I'm scared
Who's online list gonna KABOOM
Our "awesome" community is drama maker
Transparency is needed in part
It wasn't censorship
It was razmirz
Staff didn't know about that
And half of community doesn't believe them
Birdie was bullied as MOTS

The reason behind why the thread was removed wasn't due to any kind of censorship, but simply that FeralHeart does not want to be responsible if something was to happen to their users. Let's say the thread told them to contact someone and they didn't get the help they needed.
People who are struggling mentally shouldn't turn to a forum to start with, unless it is a genuine mental health forum.
Why? Because there are trolls everywhere.
It looks like I have to leave.
On new account Aiiokia

serotonin

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2020, 07:52:40 pm »
We will be recreating a new thread with helpful guidelines and information for those seeking help.

The thread won't be remade.

I am so glad that FeralHeart has a transparent, well-communicating staff team (especially among the admins) <3

Here's the thing, suicide awareness =/= increased suicides. By posting those hotlines, you're telling people where they can reach out. If they don't get help, that's not on the staff's shoulders. Posting and providing those resources for a community that has many young people, many of which who are suffering mental health issues as they go through growing up (as many of us older members can relate to and understand), is a good thing. A helpful thing. It gives them somewhere they feel safe going (The FeralHeart forums or games, although that feeling of security is not the same as it once was), a place that- maybe if they were to look up these resources on their own, they could get in trouble from a parent or guardian. But if they get the resources here? That can help.

I'd also like to point out- at this point? The fact that the thread was removed was moot. If this had been handled in a more professional way, such as "Hey, it was removed, we're going to address this." that's all that needed to have been said. l3irdie posted it publicly because- hey, this is an issue that needs addressed. A question that needed an answer, moreso than sending to a staff member in a DM and either getting dismissed or ignored, or waiting multiple days for an answer.

Where it was handled poorly was assuming that because two users are friends in real life, they are clearly the same person, and it was all just a fabricated narrative. Dragging that into the public eye and not addressing it properly was the issue, and that's why this thread continues. What I have an issue with is the way this was handled, and I guarantee that there will be no consequences for blatantly mishandling this issue.

I would also like to point out the very high number of permabans that have been dished out over all of this. That's inappropriate. Banning users without reason, without any indication of why, or what they did wrong, and with no warning- severing their connection to this game swift as an execution. But you wonder why some of your member base has trust issues with the staff members.

Ban me if you'd like- I know the reasoning is going to be "discussing a ban publicly," but do not think that anyone of us is just going to roll over and forget how you completely overreacted to an innocent question, and sent many of your long-time users off with a ban. It really proves that unless they've been licking your boots for years, you don't care about your user base. If you did, you'd pull your head out of your butt, read what the community is saying, and maybe... do something about it.

Raz isn't a valid excuse. "Raz did it," "Raz won't let us," "We have to wait for Raz's approval," as if... what. Maybe if he isn't around, the administrators should take over and start informing the community of what is going on.

For those lurking- uBlock Origin is a great adblocker to use and sever your support of this site. You can also use Universal Bypass to get around those terrible adf.ly links that Raz uses to pay his bills.