Author Topic: Forum Text Gradients  (Read 4956 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Forum Text Gradients
« on: June 14, 2017, 07:10:18 pm »
[Title in the making.]

Surely by now you've seen somewhere on the forums that users have created some really neat text gradients. I know for most, it must look like a lot of effort to collect the correct shades and gradients in order to create something so effective. I am unsure if many users of the forum or any site know about this, but you can easily create some great looking gradient text on this website. It's called Text Color Fader. It allows you you type your sentence(s), and use whichever colour(s) you like or are fond of.

Like this! FeralHeart is an online animal based roleplaying game and chat where you choose what kind of feral you'll be. Create your character and explore worlds with it in this 3D game and maybe even make friends on the way.

Or this! FeralHeart is an online animal based roleplaying game and chat where you choose what kind of feral you'll be. Create your character and explore worlds with it in this 3D game and maybe even make friends on the way.

And this! FeralHeart is an online animal based roleplaying game and chat where you choose what kind of feral you'll be. Create your character and explore worlds with it in this 3D game and maybe even make friends on the way.

How to create your own.

All you really need to do is go to the website I provided above, and enter all the details as provided in the image below.

Options explained.

# of Colors
Pretty self explanatory, but the dropdown box lists a range of numbers which allows you to choose how many colours you may want in your fancy colour gradient text. You can have as little or as many as you're able.

Color Presets
The colour presets are basically colour gradients created by other people who have used the site and wanted to share their own style I suppose. Though, if you simply don't want to do that, then you're obviosly more than welcome and able to create a gradient of your own.

Colors
Self explanatory, but I do recommend writing the hex colours down somewhere so you are able to use them in future if you so happen to enjoy what colour gradient you have created.

Fade Type
Basically a drop down box that gives people the option on how to present their gradients. Horizontal allows your gradient to continue on the same line.

▸ Horizontal - Allows your gradient to fade continuously.

▸ Horizontal Line by Line - Allows your gradient to fade unevenly on each new line you make.

▸ Horizontal Line by Line Uniformly - Allows your gradient to fade equally on each new line you make.

▸ Horizontal Spin Back (multi-line) - A new dropdown box will appear named 'Spin Speed'. Depending on the speed, your gradient will act/rotate differently.

▸ Horizontal Spin Forward (multi-line) - Works exactly like the Horizontal Spin Back (multi-line) does, only reversed.

▸ Vertical - Assigns a different colour to each line you create, repeating the pattern once all colours are used.

Output Code
This is basically what allows the site to convert your sentence into a gradient using the coding for a certain forum. In this case, 'Standard Forum Code' is recommended.

Result Display
This option allows you to display the converted text in either the same window, or a new one (new tab). Once you have converted, you will be able to see the coding, which you pretty much just need to copy and paste into a post in whatever forum you are using.

That's the end of this tutorial! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. Whether it's on the Help Boards, on this thread or any recommended threads provided in the tutorial above.
Spot any mistakes? Have I left anything out? Please inform me about any mistakes or information I have missed through Private Message. Do NOT reply here. Feedback and general responses are welcome!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Text Gradients
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 07:25:57 pm »
Ooo, I remember seeing these being used frequently (and still are) on the IT server, Dragon's Den. Has always interested me how people do it, and now I have you to thank now that I know how. Thanks for the tutorial, Bawfle!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:15:30 pm »
Thank you! That's really awesome to hear. You learn something new every day.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:15:50 pm »
Love this!! Definitely gonna start using this when I can<3

You are amazing <3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 11:26:40 pm »
I believe I looked into how to do this one other time but never actually took the time to use a gradient in my posting. It's really a great way to decorate your threads. Thank you for the tutorial Bawfle.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 12:30:57 am »
-Goes to site to test-
-Automatically goes for the highest number of colors available-

Lol

This is a wayyyy better site than the one I normally use xD Thanks so much for sharing!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 03:31:58 pm »
Thank you three!

Offline virtualmilk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • virtual-milk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 05:12:00 am »
i've always wondered how people got text to look like this in their posts
thank you, this is really helpful~
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:12:55 pm by virtualmilk »

-
memes bring me immense joy

if you see me in-game, feel free to say hello

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 05:16:22 am »
stumbled across this - thanks for the helpful link.

yeah i know it's a necro but it's still relevant

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 10:45:17 pm »
No prooooblem! I feel like I really need to update my tutorials, because some images are missing due to deleted uploads in sta.sh...

And nah it's not really considered a necro, dw about it