Author Topic: Fixing your FeralHeart (with visuals - 4/9/20)  (Read 19543 times)

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing your FeralHeart (with visuals - 4/9/20)
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 05:19:35 pm »
My computer er well Chromebook will not let me download the file... it keeps saying dangerous download has been blocked. Can someone help me???
If you fall down farther than you ever have before, you can't always get back up. When you can't get up, you can look up. When you finally look up you can be lifted back on your feet once again.

l3irdie

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 05:23:00 pm »
My computer er well Chromebook will not let me download the file... it keeps saying dangerous download has been blocked. Can someone help me???

Do you have any adblock/malware protection set up on your device? Could you provide a screenshot of what it says specifically?

Offline BashfulWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • |~|We're More Ghosts Than People.|~|
    • horacethehushed
    • link_skye
    • hekken_dingos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 03:18:50 am »

Try disabling your firewall and then installing it.

Tried that, still sees both as a threat, and replacing the .exe file with the new one causes both to get deleted, so that I can't even open FH at all.
I've even completely deleted FH from my computer in hopes that it would fix (even tried it without replacing the .exe file) but it still doesn't work.
From my luck with how impossible making the markings/items work for 1.17 was, I'm sure this will take forever as well ^^|||

[EDIT]
I have used FH's uninstaller, control panel, and searched everywhere in my files just to get rid of FH (even older setups), and it still says I cannot download FH because it cannot move/replace the .exe file when downloading the normal files.
I've even ignored that, and tried to install the new .exe file, which it then says I do not have permission to, despite every single one of my firewalls, virus protections, etc etc, being turned off.
I just don't think I can play FH anymore if this is gonna continue to happen, it doesn't work anymore on my computer due to the new .exe file.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:39:51 am by BashfulWolf »

Offline Marshmellow213

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 12:54:09 am »
I tried doing what you said, but I cannot download the new patch because it says I am missing LibOIS.dll and Libcurl.dll . But I understand all the other insturctions. It just is not allowing me to download it because I need all the other dll's.

l3irdie

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 02:26:58 am »

Try disabling your firewall and then installing it.

Tried that, still sees both as a threat, and replacing the .exe file with the new one causes both to get deleted, so that I can't even open FH at all.
I've even completely deleted FH from my computer in hopes that it would fix (even tried it without replacing the .exe file) but it still doesn't work.
From my luck with how impossible making the markings/items work for 1.17 was, I'm sure this will take forever as well ^^|||

[EDIT]
I have used FH's uninstaller, control panel, and searched everywhere in my files just to get rid of FH (even older setups), and it still says I cannot download FH because it cannot move/replace the .exe file when downloading the normal files.
I've even ignored that, and tried to install the new .exe file, which it then says I do not have permission to, despite every single one of my firewalls, virus protections, etc etc, being turned off.
I just don't think I can play FH anymore if this is gonna continue to happen, it doesn't work anymore on my computer due to the new .exe file.

Are you the administrator on your computer?

and

I tried doing what you said, but I cannot download the new patch because it says I am missing LibOIS.dll and Libcurl.dll . But I understand all the other insturctions. It just is not allowing me to download it because I need all the other dll's.

When downloading the patch, are you running the .exe right as it downloads?

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 05:44:24 pm »
This is what it says
https://imgur.com/Vo43Mek
Sorry that I have to get the image to you through a link... I cant post the pic here or it will say i have been blocked from feral heart
If you fall down farther than you ever have before, you can't always get back up. When you can't get up, you can look up. When you finally look up you can be lifted back on your feet once again.

l3irdie

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 07:59:10 pm »
This is what it says
Sorry that I have to get the image to you through a link... I cant post the pic here or it will say i have been blocked from feral heart

No worries!

Read through this here as it might be helpful

Offline BashfulWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • |~|We're More Ghosts Than People.|~|
    • horacethehushed
    • link_skye
    • hekken_dingos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 01:09:30 am »
Are you the administrator on your computer?
Yes, I am the administrator on my computer.
I try to allow it through but it doesn't show anything to allow through.

[EDIT]
Good news, I got FH to work!
I had to:
Disable every single protection on my computer (which was a lot ^^|||)
Download 1.17 and the .exe at the same time
Move the .exe into the FH folder (before with all the protections, it wouldn't download to the files, only asking me where to put it, which caused my computer to block it).

My new issue is now that it just completely shuts down after a while. I've allowed it through my virus protection (clicking allow always), but now it just closes out, it doesn't lose connection (I don't even connect to a map yet) or give any prompt to what happened.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:16:05 am by BashfulWolf »

Offline Aleixity101

• Curious Wanderer
    • Aleixity101
    • Dragonfur Lps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2020, 05:46:43 am »
This is what it says

No worries!

Thank you so much for this. I have it installed but I don't see how to replace the file. Do I have to delete feral heart from crossover and install that exe file instead or will that file not work without the previous one?

l3irdie

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2020, 01:03:52 pm »
This is what it says

No worries!

Thank you so much for this. I have it installed but I don't see how to replace the file. Do I have to delete feral heart from crossover and install that exe file instead or will that file not work without the previous one?

Is there a way to replace/override the file? That's mostly the main thing you have to do, I don't know if deleting it and then putting in the new .exe really a good idea