Author Topic: I Wish I Had Joined Earlier  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: I Wish I Had Joined Earlier
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2023, 09:04:22 am »
I joined back in early 2015, and I am very grateful for being able to experience FeralHeart in it's more glorious times. Through the years activity has dwindled, yes... however, we are very hopeful that the things we have planned will not only bring some life back into this little place, but, with that hope we are certain it will open so many more possibilities for FeralHeart~

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline V3SS3L

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • i'm devious and silly
    • dangercrue
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 01:06:21 am »
I joined in 2015 and used to play every night. It was so awesome, I'm trying to start playing again. I do hope this revives because it's so nostalgic and I need more games like this that have an audience of people around my age.

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 02:04:58 am »
I joined in 2011, fell off in 2016, and came back in 2020, but never forgot about it and always have had friends from this game. I do hope to see the game revive and thrive once more, and thanks to the nostalgia of it I think that people that played long ago will hopefully find their way back to the game like I did.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2023, 11:28:17 pm »
I joined in October 2018.

Yep, you missed out lol
I was able to meet Raz ingame. It was THAT time when everything was awesome.

I met Raz ingame in 2020 actually. It was awesome. And one of the other players on the map was just starting at him like "I-I-Is that who I think it is." while I was talking to him and getting screenshots of his awesome presets. XDD

I miss the times where when I was ingame and in the Grouds there was already a lot of people there. I joined in 2019 and even if FH was at it's highest around 2014, I really miss seing people online. But I'm looking forward to see the community revive

It will be fine as long as everyone doesn't give up on it. This isn't the first time it has went through difficult times.

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2023, 01:13:04 am »
I honestly was around I think my old account said 2012. It was awesome back then. I remember you could see just about anything and it was just fun. I remember all my old roleplay. It was fun back in the hay day. I believe FH will come back to what it used to be someday just will take some time and love. FH will live, I have faith in it.

Offline Biscitspet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 02:08:11 am »
I think the trick here- is to A. Remove the page to keep the game running, and B, get word out somehow. Through tiktok or YT. Something like that. Find a way to spark folks into joining a free-to-access game.
My two cents anyway.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2023, 03:03:16 pm »
I think the trick here- is to A. Remove the page to keep the game running, and B, get word out somehow. Through tiktok or YT. Something like that. Find a way to spark folks into joining a free-to-access game.
My two cents anyway.

Removing the login page would certainly make things more user friendly, however there are currently 2 issues that prevent that from happening. The first issue is hackers exploiting bugs in the game. That should be something that can be resolved. However, the second issue is lack of funding. If you look closely at the current website design, you will notice that most of the ads are on not just the homepage, but the login page as well. Which makes sense because most of the traffic would be on those 2 pages. And since the login page must remain open while playing, it seems logical that that particular page is probably the main source of income for the game rn. The forum gets little use these days and only has a few ads on it. And it was Kov's wish that the game remain 100% free, including no player donations. So it has to survive on ad money and staff donations. Without sufficient funds, there's no money to cover the costs of running it. Which is actually the bigger problem with the current state of the game. Lack of players means less funding from ads. And ad blockers are problematic too.

There are 2 solutions for funding issues. Increase revenue or cut expenses. But neither are simple.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2023, 02:50:29 am »
My two cents anyway.

Removing the login page would certainly make things more user friendly, however there are currently 2 issues that prevent that from happening. The first issue is hackers exploiting bugs in the game. That should be something that can be resolved. However, the second issue is lack of funding. If you look closely at the current website design, you will notice that most of the ads are on not just the homepage, but the login page as well. Which makes sense because most of the traffic would be on those 2 pages. And since the login page must remain open while playing, it seems logical that that particular page is probably the main source of income for the game rn. The forum gets little use these days and only has a few ads on it. And it was Kov's wish that the game remain 100% free, including no player donations. So it has to survive on ad money and staff donations. Without sufficient funds, there's no money to cover the costs of running it. Which is actually the bigger problem with the current state of the game. Lack of players means less funding from ads. And ad blockers are problematic too.

There are 2 solutions for funding issues. Increase revenue or cut expenses. But neither are simple.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Over time as we slowly get things back on track, I'm really hoping we will be able to find the best solutions to these issues. As things are looking now, there are a couple avenues we can take for a couple things, but we will have to see how things pan out before we are 100% sure on where we need to take things going forward.

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2023, 03:29:18 am »
Honestly at this point, I don't even think we'd need to worry about hackers anymore. It's been 8(?) years and I'm pretty sure they'll be long gone. I'm sure there would be other easier ways to deal with hackers?

Offline Ame88

• Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2023, 11:26:30 am »
Honestly at this point, I don't even think we'd need to worry about hackers anymore. It's been 8(?) years and I'm pretty sure they'll be long gone. I'm sure there would be other easier ways to deal with hackers?

As much as I would agree to this, we have to keep in mind that there are most certainly people out there who'd try to get into any game's system, big or small, inactive or not, with malicious intent. If we were to allow ANY hackers a chance to get into our system, they'd have access to a lot of player information; passwords, emails, etc. We simply cannot allow our player's information to be so easily accessed and abused.

Any steps we take needs to consider the safety of the community, no matter what changes or improvements we make. The safety of our players should always come first.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 11:28:07 am by Ame88 »

Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations