Author Topic: Downloading?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline ~SilverVixen~

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Find me in-game as ~SilverVixen~ !
    • View Profile
Downloading?
« on: April 11, 2015, 10:49:43 pm »
So, for me, my friends, and a lot of other people I have spoken to, have problems downloading FeralHeart. I managed to get it on one of my computers, but others weren't as fortunate. Whenever we click links on here, it sends us To Adf.ly.. We have to copy and paste links to download maps, and if it doesn't have a full link, we can't download it. That goes for the Downloading of the game too.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Downloading?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 11:10:36 pm »
Well if the normal download isn't working I recommend downloading the Torrent version. Of course, you need to download uTorrent @ http://www.utorrent.com/ first. After you have installed uTorrent, you will be able to setup the FH installer through the torrent download.

The torrent download leads to no adfly link.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:13:53 pm »
Once you are at Adfly for the FH download you must wait five seconds to skip the ad. Once you have skipped the ad it will send you back to the FH website. If you are not logged in, it will ask you to do so. Then there should be "Please click here to proceed to your download" button. Just click here and it should send you back to Adfly. This time, however once you click the skip ad button, it will commence to download the FHSetup.exe. With this, it should install FH all by itself and all you need to do is read the setup box information and click the corresponding buttons. If it asks you if you would like a desktop icon, I recommend clicking yes.

As for maps, the downloading is a bit different. Yes, you must copy and paste the map files into FH manually because they did not set up a hands free download. (Almost, if not all, links on the FH forum should send you to Adfly first. This is because it is a free web forum and needs the ads to continue on living and breathing as the FH website.) Once you have downloaded a map pack there should be a read me within the folder. This should tell you where to place the files. If it does not have one, most, if not all, files should be placed in the exports folder.

If it has music such as MP3s, they should be placed in the music folder. (FH<Media<Music) There also will be a music.cgf file to go along with the MP3s. Open the file with Wordpad or any other document reader, copy all the text, and then head to your main FH folder. There should be a music.cgf file already installed in FH. Open this one up and paste all what you copied BELOW the text already there.

If you need any screenies I would be happy to oblige.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline ~SilverVixen~

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Find me in-game as ~SilverVixen~ !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 05:24:33 pm »
Thanks ^-^