Author Topic: Imagine Proving a Point  (Read 19787 times)

Offline LaughingWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
  • Bumpy snow
    • JaceLaughingWolf.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Imagine Proving a Point
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2020, 09:01:53 pm »
Wow.. 

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2020, 09:02:08 pm »
I understand you want those issues addressed, I do. However I've only just been promoted to moderator and I lack the power to do anything about it. I suppose I comment out of frustration, just like everyone else, huh.

I know that things have been happening on the forums such as the bans and the deleting of threads, however because I've been so busy i haven't been able to look at them in depth. I know OF what's going on.

You are amazing <3

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2020, 09:02:21 pm »
I honestly kinda thought staff would just not respond anymore and let these die out on their own. So far though, this one seems the most civil out of the trilogy lol so good luck my dudes!

I would hope that would not be the case. Because clearly, miscommunication only adds fuel to the fire. Things need to be only discussed, or else the situation will get worse.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2020, 09:03:31 pm »
I honestly kinda thought staff would just not respond anymore and let these die out on their own. So far though, this one seems the most civil out of the trilogy lol so good luck my dudes!

This one actually is the most uncivil out of all of them....
The only person on the staff team who has actually been civil is SpicyDirt.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2020, 09:04:20 pm »
Maybe because we've all had our turn at trying to be civil and it going nowhere.

You are amazing <3

Offline Falconry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • here, queer, full of fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2020, 09:05:50 pm »
I understand you want those issues addressed, I do. However I've only just been promoted to moderator and I lack the power to do anything about it. I suppose I comment out of frustration, just like everyone else, huh.

I know that things have been happening on the forums such as the bans and the deleting of threads, however because I've been so busy i haven't been able to look at them in depth. I know OF what's going on.

Then you acknowledge that you have nothing really to add to the conversation except more frustration. And that you have no answers for us. And that, using your admittedly new position as a mod, you've likely just worsened the staff's image by getting quite passive aggressive.

I'm saying this trying to point out that you are not in a position to be speaking down to us ''if we only knew what was going on behind the scenes'' as it seems you are as out of the loop and upset as we are.

Offline Falconry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • here, queer, full of fear
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2020, 09:07:17 pm »
As staff it is your job to be civil even when the members are not. That is your job as the ones who signed up to keep the order. You are still human, and you are allowed to make mistakes and get angry. But it's your job to maintain civility, and therefore it is your responsibility to own your mistakes and step back when you feel you are too upset to do your job.

Your comment was the exact opposite of that.

Maybe because we've all had our turn at trying to be civil and it going nowhere.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2020, 09:08:07 pm »

It went nowhere because staff just ended up banning all of us and making excuses for themselves.
They haven't even made an attempt to take accountability.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2020, 09:09:57 pm »
However you'd like to interpret it. I'm human just as you all are, y'all seem to forget we donate our time to this game, we dont get paid. I have to stay absolutely calm and professional while I'm personally targeted and you guys can just go off? I guess so.

I'll just roll over and back off of this thread, sorry for my opinions lol

You are amazing <3

Offline Anarchiae

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:11 pm »
Just another comment in the wind, don't mind me.

I mean this sincerely and with no intent to insult- how are staff convincing themselves that this is absolutely the most professional, mature, and constructive means to handle this situation?

I've been watching and reading through this since it started a few days ago and I'm amazed how terribly this has been treated. No point in restating things, since that gets avoided in favor of acknowledging how the staff are doing first and foremost, but you all know what I mean. Also no point in bringing up the past threads- my focus is in this one. I don't presume to know staff, not what they're going through, and not what they've got going among themselves. But this? Passive aggressive one-liners? "Leave if you don't like it?" "We've done what we can?" "You don't know what's going on behind the scenes."

Well yes, that's the point. Transparency has been a major want from the community for I don't know how long. Sure, updates are nice. New things are lovely to have. But what's the use when the staff, the people who are supposed to be running the show, don't change at all?

Anyway, my main point, as this thread updates by the minute, is that staff have absolutely no reason to be jumping into every thread putting their opinion in. Well thought out and carefully researched [with evidence as the cherry on top] posts are coming from the opposition, sealing it off with civil statements that they do not want staff to be bullied and that FH is still their passion. The staff? Half-hearted remarks, "blunt" statements, contradicting statements, no essence of accountability, nor recognition of wrong-doing. The mention of anon hate is unfortunate, but also irrelevant to the people here trying their best to get something positive done.

People were quick to want proof about the wrongs committed these past few days, but the favor isn't being returned on your end. This is a circle because instead of truly tackling the issue, it's being dodged, redirected, or completely muddled by various perspectives from what's supposed to be a united staff team.

As stated by others, you're people. Everyone knows that. People make mistakes, people get heated. But as staff of a rather large community, it is your job and responsibility, I say this generally not individually, to be professional, mature, and the safe figure people can look up to. Paid work or not, you accepted the title and therefore the responsibility to do so. This is not an opinion, it is the truth, and so far it looks like it's an awfully difficult concept to grasp.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:14:20 pm by Anarchiae »