Author Topic: Saba's download section! !UPDATED! 21st of JULY  (Read 7113 times)

-WhereSunRises-

Re: -WhereSunRises-'s download section! !UPDATED! 14th NOVEMBER
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 07:57:07 pm »
All of these looks so well done. I really like the look of Carpathia :)

Thanks for sharing
thanks a ton!

Offline Felfonz

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Well put, outrageous explorer.
    • View Profile
Re: -WhereSunRises-'s download section! !UPDATED! 14th NOVEMBER
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 02:11:51 am »
These look awesome, wow. I've never downloaded a map before and I can't find any tutorials that aren't confusing to me... could you maybe help me out? Send me a link you find helpful? Sorry to bug ^^;

not a noob
Of course, buddy! :) Listen closely, It can be VERY tricky at first, but once you are used to it, It will be a piece of cake :) Seriously, It can look hard, but it is NOT ;)

So, let's say you downloaded a map. It should be zipped, so It's end should be .zip or If It's rar, then .rar
Firstly, you have to unzip the map. Then open it. There will be many files, this may confuse you. But nu worries :)
See, every file has a special place to be put in. Your job is to look, what kind of files they are. For example, the most common one, .fho
(Very helpful may be this little tip: In every folder, is a .txt file open it up and see what it says. Eg. the one in exports folder. It contains list of files, that belong there :D Great, right? )
BUT NEVERMIND THAT! Let's say you take all the .fho files and paste them in exports folder. This folder is to be found in main FH folder. Put all fho. files there.
Then you might have a .fhs file. Put that also in exports. Same with .fhm files :)
SOMETIMES, you may get a map that also contains some pictures. Those are called textures and every single one of them should be also put in some folder. They are there for a reason. Eg. a terrain's texture, which is texture of the ground. Those are ALWAYS supposed to be in Feralheart/media/terrains/textures :)
But it doesn't have to be a terrain texture every time. It may be a texture for some bushes, rocks or so. Those, are always to be put in media, then some folder, depends on what It's supposed to be used for. But don't be afraid, most users also pack a README file with their maps, so unexperienced members have an easy time installing it.

That should be all. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me or post a topic in help section of the forum :) For there is always at least one kind person to help out, we have one amazing community :) Good luck, buddy!

Wow, thank you! That was very helpful.
�I am going to die kissing Simon Snow. Aleister Crowley, I'm living a charmed life.�
?Rainbow Rowell, Carry On