Author Topic: Nothing will export?? (Besides presets)  (Read 942 times)

Offline roky

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Nothing will export?? (Besides presets)
« on: April 18, 2018, 12:50:07 am »
I tried looking around for similar problems to this one but I didn't find anything with all things (besides presets) failing to export..

So I've been working on a large amount of maps with my own terrains and masks and some with items I downloaded somewhere else. I had also created a preset recently and that exported nicely, I was about to export all of my maps but the first one failed to export. I looked into the files and nothing seemed wrong to me. I don't know why I thought it would be something with the sky so I tried exporting those but they ALL failed to export as well. I cannot export skies, objects, or maps. I'm not sure what to do and I'm afraid to reinstall because last time I did I lost my way into one of my created maps even after saving the map it just didn't show in the map loader. I CANNOT remake all of these maps, they took a very long time to create. Does anyone know how this problem can be fixed? Long story short, every exportable thing says "Failed to export!"

I'd really appreciate any help, thank you! ^^

Edit: I'd also like to make it clear that any and all maps say failed to export. Actually made maps don't export, even new blank empty test maps fail as well. I'm not sure what caused this problem but I keep looking around and there's nothing that seems wrong? I don't know what I could've done, nothing besides presets will export. If I reinstalled would I be able to put in the old map files and be able to see them all in the map editor where I can export again? I'm afraid to do that because it wouldn't let me do it to a different map before.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:43:08 pm by roky »
Been here since 2011!

Offline roky

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing will export?? (Besides presets)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:43:05 pm »
Nobody has replied yet, but could answer this question please if you know, if I saved the media files and uninstall and reinstalled FH and replaced the media files with the saved ones would I be able to have all the same maps IN THE MAP EDITOR so I can go back in and try to export them? I've done this before and it didn't work although I may have done something wrong at the time but I really want to export these maps so I can explore them with the love of my life. No maps or skies will export for some reason and I've looked at stuff but there's seriously nothing wrong at least I think so? I'd really like some help but I'm really out of options here :c
Been here since 2011!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 11:20:58 pm »
When you make maps, do you build them on the same FeralHeart.exe that you normally use (and that you may have heavily modded), or do you have another, separate one just for making maps? Sometimes building and exporting a map is a lot smoother on a blank, vanilla game

You're able to save your map progress, simply copy and paste your "terrains" folder over to somewhere safe (like your desktop for example), then replace when you move it back/over ^^
Farewell everyone<3

Offline roky

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 11:39:45 pm »
Yes I use the same one, but I have gotten a new laptop and got back to FH a week ago (after not being here for a few years)
So the files and stuff are brand new and nothing has been added besides a few of my own made presets and a couple of downloaded objects is all. No maps will export, I've even tried exporting a map with nothing in it just the basic map you get when you first start. Every single map/sky I try to export fails for no reason it seems like. I'll try reinstalling FH and putting in the terrains (and presets and objects because I need those) and exporting again. Thanks for letting me know ^^ If it still fails to export I'll reply here again
Been here since 2011!

Offline roky

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 12:37:44 am »
So turns out that did fix it! I was able to export all maps finally! I probably would've done this before if only I knew that the terrains thing actually saved the maps in the map creator, I guess when I did it before I did something wrong ^^ Thank you for confirming that c:
Been here since 2011!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 04:30:31 am »
I'm glad you were able to get the maps finally exported! I'll lock up this thread for you, as it seems the issue appears to have been resolved. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.