Author Topic: All about that Birdie (ツ)  (Read 2968 times)

BirdieBeep

All about that Birdie (ツ)
« on: December 06, 2019, 04:28:27 am »
i was on the fence of making one of these but you know what, i'm having a good day and i wanna make more friends

l3irdie
the birdie that beeped

Outside of FH

hi so my actual name is Maddie. I'm 17, my birthday is on February 26th.

Currently I'm a senior in High School. I'm a big history nerd, and I hope after I graduate I can get a start in the antique world. I'm a learning conservationist/restorationist, I'd say I mostly specialize in antique textiles and clothing. Mostly identification and how to restore or conserve items. On that note, I wear vintage nearly daily. I haven't worn shorts in years. (See, these conservation skills come in handy because my wardrobe is very much prone to experiencing rips and tears xD)
But my 'fun' hobbies consist of; photography, horseback riding, sewing, watching old films, playing video games & learning how to play the organ.

I'm a MAJOR cat mom, so I'm obligated to show you pictures of my babies

Left; Mr. Hyde (aka CHonky) Right; Midnight (aka Chaotic Evil)

On Feral Heart

I found Feral Heart in the summer of 2014 after my first year of middle school. I spent most of my summer playing, creating stories and my characters. Whenever I was away from my computer, I would take my sketch book and plan out characters I was gonna make right when I got home. If I find them, I'll share the doodles for sure. But Feral Heart was my outlet to get my stories down and to interact with people who were like me. People who were passionate about storytelling, and sometimes those stories have glorified sparkle dogs. After my first year of middle school I transferred to a new school and from there I met my current best friends, and I managed to convince them to /attempt/ registering for Feral Heart. I also met other people around where I lived who also played, which was really cool. If it wasn't for Feral Heart, I wouldn't have the friends I have right now, offline and online.
I've had a lot of ups and downs with this game, but it helped me become the person I am today. Feral Heart really did play a big part in shaping who I was and I guess learning tough life lessons in a more graceful way. It's strange that a game with 'offishul' simbas and woolfaboos can do that.

Anyways, you can find me on these characters;

Bard
Zuzu
Elizabeth
Doris

Anyways, thank you for reading this if you did! I'm not that great with bios or really talking about myself, so I hoped this was relatively okay to read and it wasn't too badly organized. But I hope people can learn more about me and I can make more friends ^^
If you want to talk off of the forums, my discord is Birdie#8604

i'll probably add to this periodically, but again, thank you for reading!
you get a cookie
(yes a cookie, not a biscuit.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:00:03 am by l3irdie »

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
Re: All about that Birdie (ツ)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 04:45:25 am »
nice to know more about you, birdie! i've seen you around a fair bit and it's cool to get more background stuff on you, thanks for sharing<3
--takes cookie owo
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 06:05:53 am »
It’s a pleasure to get the chance to read a little more about you and get to know you better Birdie! You seem like a really interesting and sweet person... not sure about your cat Midnight there lol They look a bit evil in that pic lol I’m a history nerd too so it’s always nice to know others out there who can appreciate such things. I also don’t like shorts much, skirts are fun but I depise shorts... not as much as I hate overalls though >.>

BirdieBeep

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 04:57:20 am »
Thank you all for the kind words <3

I also don’t like shorts much, skirts are fun but I depise shorts... not as much as I hate overalls though >.>

GOSH i can relate, I haven't worn overalls in over a decade, i wish i were kidding

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 10:55:58 pm »
Antique textiles?
I'd wear those, but i don't want to damage them so i wear replicas.  Cool that you can repair them though.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 04:44:02 am »
Oouuu- noms cookie Thank ye. It was a pleasure getting to know more about you! I love vintage things as well but I never really got into collecting them- aside from a couple knickknacks and miscellaneous trinkets that I've happen to run across. I think it's really cool that you've met a couple people around you who play FeralHeart. I've only met one before lmao I love your kitties! Especially Midnight- that cat is my spirit animal xD

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

BirdieBeep

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 04:29:19 pm »
I didn't see these ya'll until now \o/

Antique textiles?
I'd wear those, but i don't want to damage them so i wear replicas.  Cool that you can repair them though.

Yeah, I wear replica and look-alikes sometimes as well.  But it all comes down to it's condition and the fiber cx

Oouuu- noms cookie Thank ye. It was a pleasure getting to know more about you! I love vintage things as well but I never really got into collecting them- aside from a couple knickknacks and miscellaneous trinkets that I've happen to run across. I think it's really cool that you've met a couple people around you who play FeralHeart. I've only met one before lmao I love your kitties! Especially Midnight- that cat is my spirit animal xD

Thank you Ame, my kitties love you too <3

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 10:23:36 pm »
We have sooo much in common. History and vintage things <3 Also horseback riding, and photography, which is actually my profession. And omg kitties! I wanna pet them, they is both adorable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:25:25 pm by Sigynx »