Author Topic: Now Is The Time...  (Read 2140 times)

SpicyDirt

Re: Now Is The Time...
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 10:08:19 pm »
I do understand where you both are coming from (this was typed before the issues right now) and I can understand why you're more for Discord than you are the forums. But please do remember that this is opinion based. I put the word force in quotation marks because that isn't the word that I wanted to use, but it was similar. The way that I am using force is more of push, so I do apologize for that mixup. I know that Raz isn't the best, and to be honest, there isn't really anyone who could fill his shoes right now. I am trying to think of the future of this game and how we can keep it alive.

I feel like a lot of people are letting their views of Raz effect this game. Yeah, he is MIA right now, but I have said it before and I will say it again, he still does care at least somewhat for this game or else he would've shut us down by now.

The Discord is an okay way to keep people involved, and I guess that I am letting my personal views of Discord (the software itself) get in the way here. I am 100% not a fan of the whole Discord software (not the server), which is why I stay clear of many of the servers unless I own them myself, which even then I get sick of.

I stick with my views in my original post, but I do understand your views.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 12:26:17 am »
echo - Discord
at the end of the day, this does not really matter one way or the other. people will use discord, and people will use the game. c:

echo - It's more outdated than the dirt in my shoes.
that was really funny and very true, good one. xD

echo - he still does care at least somewhat for this game or else he would've shut us down by now.
this is true.

I think a few youtube vids would be a healthy thing.
Anyone know Lenny the Lion? That guy's awesome. Kudos to ya Lenny!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 12:53:50 am »

Anyone know Lenny the Lion? That guy's awesome. Kudos to ya Lenny!
Omg! I love his videos!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 05:38:13 am »
Since the focus of this topic has turned to Discord, I thought I'd add in a bit that I'd like to say about it.

I don't blame Discord for the downfall of the game. There are several factors and events that led to FeralHeart's downfall.
Discord did play a significant role in the death of the game chats but it was an inevitable loss that the game has faced. It was a culture change the game hadn't seen before but because the platform is so versatile and accessible, it's no wonder people flocked to it.
I'm saddened that Discord had the effect that it did but it's not something we can prevent or do anything about.
Times have changed. And unfortunately FeralHeart hasn't. It's just the reality of it.

Regardless, we still need to encourage forum usage as that is what helps keep the game up. Thank you to everyone who still takes the time to come on the forums! It means a lot.

The YouTube:
I am the main contributor to the YouTube channel as of now. Video ads for the game have always been in the back of my mind. I enjoy video editing immensely. I just sadly have not had the time to sit down and make the videos for the channel I would have liked to.
Staff have considered making a video contest for the YouTube. Users make an advertisement for the channel and the winner of the contest gets their ad posted. (Something along those lines was the idea ^^) When I get more time I will have a discussion with the others and we'll see about making the video ad contest a definite yes since it seems to be a really popular suggestion for means of advertising. And what better way to advertise than to utilize the talents of passionate creators who love the game?

Thank you for posting, Spicy!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.