Author Topic: Let's Discuss: FH's Status  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Kittyeom

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Kittyeom
    • Kittyeohm
    • kittyeom
    • View Profile
    • Aolania
Re: Let's Discuss: FH's Status
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 05:05:09 am »
I actually really enjoy these ideas, especially more actions or stuff to immerse you into the world. I also like the website graphic there, I think all in all the home page serves it's purpose but it's getting close to being 10 years old(?) and probably could use some updates, along with the forum. lol

Good job though, +Floof

Thank you so much! I agree completely.
Want helpful tools for game extraction and unpacking? DM me on Discord at Kittyeom#2015.

Want to make an impact on a new, upcoming graphical 2D chatsite? Join here: https://discord.gg/Hx7JkjD

Offline Kittyeom

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Kittyeom
    • Kittyeohm
    • kittyeom
    • View Profile
    • Aolania
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 05:07:33 am »
I'm too lazy to quote every section via the forum quote function, sorry. >.>

"For starters, the chatbox is huge and annoying. There's no harm in cutting the width of it down a few notches, but even then it's still in the way."

There's already a way to do this by clicking and dragging the chat box, but something does feel kinda chunky about it either way. Not bad though.

"Secondly, the buttons. The buttons are great if you're a girl or boy scout, but not so much for an MMO. Small, transparent icons would be significantly better and would free up so much space for players. A lot of popular MMO's have these icons typically on the bottom right, which I think would make the game look and feel a lot better."

I don't really see this as an action game that needs this to be much of a priority though. If there were more action things, I would enjoy this, but otherwise I don't think it's necessary.

"Better yet, why not add in the ability to change the keys for the controls? That would be so, so much better and customizable for all players."

Again, already a feature.

"A more pronounced body type slider. For instance, the ability to make your character very fat or very emaciated."

This is also already kind of a feature, though the ability to make an obvious difference between being fluffy or short-haired compared to fat or skinny would be nice.

"The ability to add horns."

Yessss and antlers too. That'd save an item slot.

"Animal NPCs, such as rabbits, birds, butterflies, and fish that occupy the maps. It would be interesting to see the animals change with the time of day, such as owls and croaking frogs at night and birds chirping in the early morning."

I'd love the time thing, having that extra ambient helps with setting vibes and atmospheres, but the NPCs I'm not really for at all. To me, the point of FeralHeart is to make your own story and roleplay it out. Having NPCs would kinda break that, but if it could be enabled and disabled, and somehow tie into a roleplay (such as spawning one when "hunting" and the ability to carry it around once "defeated" and then be able to "eat" it if desired), then I'd really like it.

Also, there are the little animated animals around the map, but something that moved around like Impressive Title's critters using the idea above would be nice.

"I don't think I've ever seen a forum so dark and gloomy. I'm going to list below what needs to be changed.

The colors need to be lightened significantly, or even changed completely."

Please don't get rid of the dark theme. I'd like a light theme because I've heard it's better with people who have sight problems, but personally I don't wanna be blinded by bright lights and colors. I'm gonna be the odd one out and say I think the current color scheme is kinda fitting? That's not to say I'd personally pick it for everything, but for FeralHeart and it's in-game, official environment, the only thing it's missing are some greens.

But what I'd love (I mentioned this on Discord too) is the ability to pick your own theme, based off either a biome, color, or both. Jungle, desert, savanna, mountains, ocean, or even based off the maps, both new and old. Give me a Kibou Ridge, Cherika Valley, either Ficho, or Zama Grotto theme please.

"Underwater scenery."

We have Zama Grotto but it feels maybe all the same? How it's made with the water level confuses me too. I wish it were a mix between a bit of land (I could've sworn there was but last time I didn't see any?) and an underwater life filled cave system.

That's all my thoughts, the rest sounds pretty good and I have nothing to add I think. Thank you for the list!
Thank you for your list!
Want helpful tools for game extraction and unpacking? DM me on Discord at Kittyeom#2015.

Want to make an impact on a new, upcoming graphical 2D chatsite? Join here: https://discord.gg/Hx7JkjD

Offline Voo_Du

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2019, 05:19:50 am »
I really like all of these ideas and your concept images made it all very clear. I hope all of these changes and more are implemented because it is difficult to enjoy the game as it is now

Offline konjac

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2019, 08:49:36 pm »
a lot of the people previous to me have already said what i was going to say about this, i agree it's pretty difficult to enjoy fh as of now, as after all these years it's relatively still the same. but im loving these ideas you came up with. hoping they'll be implemented someday : )
+floof