Author Topic: Is Everyone Boycotting FH Now?  (Read 4571 times)

BirdieBeep

Re: Is Everyone Boycotting FH Now?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 09:33:58 pm »
coming out of my little hut to throw my few cents,

Not to regurgitate what everyone has said, but Feral Heart is old and most of it's users are also old. Surely Feral Heart over the years have had older users, but there were things to bring them online. Roleplays, friends, events and fun activities. While there are things to do, there's a lot of factors that work against Feral Heart's favor. Groups are more discord based these days, while this is good for keeping tabs on groups and I think it's very beneficial, it also makes people less incline to login. They have the convenience of just talking/roleplaying in servers rather than getting on a computer and going through the login process. I don't think it's an inherently bad thing and unfortunately there isn't much that can't be done. But I don't think this is the only reason.
I don't mean for this to be hostile nor is it directed at anyone, but I do believe that over the last few years there's just been one too many negative events on the community side and staff side of things that it's just driven users away. Myself included.
Things have been on a steady decline for years now, this isn't too new of information. I'd argue that when Kov basically left and the game stopped receiving regular updates, people began to flake out, but after all these years of him gone, there is a community still standing. Not as big and strong as it use to be, but it's still there and I don't think the game isn't far from saving.
Especially now we have someone who can understand Kovu's spaghetti

All in all, I think there are things worth staying for in FH, I think it's just up to everyone, staff and community, on preserving it and building onto things, the right way.
I really do want things to succeed and I hope they do.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 09:59:13 pm by BirdieBeep »

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 05:51:58 am »
Only by wusses.
I'd like to be around more & try to be helpful, but got busy & stuff.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Rhakorra

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 11:44:04 am »
Thank you, Sura, and for breaking it down. I agree with you 100%

To get your hopes up, here is a spoiler lol

Spirit, you little knucklehead! XD This is perfect!

If you really want something to happen with the community, I suggest making a little meetup and event for the game, and make a thread about it in “Community Activities” section. :)
I would probably come. I just don’t have the overview to arrange something at the time because of school and boyfriend.

I agree with you on that. Sadly, I don't think I would fit the position as a hostess, and I think that is too much timing. However, if someone was to plan something, I for sure will pop in and try to chat with others. Thank you

Either way, guys, the replies are great. I am aware school is approaching for everyone and life is just hitting us constantly, just shocked how summer is almost done.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:01:12 pm by Rhakorra »