Author Topic: Sunder the Stag (or as close to a stag as I can get!)  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Ascension Island Trail Guide™
    • View Profile
Sunder the Stag (or as close to a stag as I can get!)
« on: September 20, 2022, 07:39:02 am »
Behold the mighty stag!  Hulking, deadly, fearsome and--

...uh, cuddly, I guess.  But still, fear him!

Sunder was a character that came out of a role-playing campaign I was a part of this year.  He was a spirit stag that you could whistle for, and he'd appear.  The little sister of one of the other characters loved riding around on him, and eventually started calling him "Thorny" because of his antlers. XD  We didn't get to play around with him for very long, but I loved the idea of a humongous stag that can pop out of nowhere, so here he is in Feralheart!

I wanted to give him some kind of hooves, but Siamese worked best to give him that dappled coat that deer have.  Close enough, I suppose.  It's been a long time since I've made a character, and it sure took me back!

"My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s imperially powerful. He’s impartially merciful. He's God's Son. Do you know Him?"

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: Sunder the Stag (or as close to a stag as I can get!)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 11:07:33 pm »
Maybe you could use a preset if you would like to go the extra mile for even more "deerness"

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 02:49:23 am »
That's a good idea, but even though it would look like a deer to me, to everyone else it would just look like a white blank.  That's how presets work, right?
"My King is a sovereign King. No means of measure can define His limitless love. He’s enduringly strong. He’s entirely sincere. He’s eternally steadfast. He’s imperially powerful. He’s impartially merciful. He's God's Son. Do you know Him?"

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge

Offline TheEarthSpirit

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 09:43:02 am »
Behold the mighty stag!  Hulking, deadly, fearsome and--

...uh, cuddly, I guess.  But still, fear him!

Sunder was a character that came out of a role-playing campaign I was a part of this year.  He was a spirit stag that you could whistle for, and he'd appear.  The little sister of one of the other characters loved riding around on him, and eventually started calling him "Thorny" because of his antlers. XD  We didn't get to play around with him for very long, but I loved the idea of a humongous stag that can pop out of nowhere, so here he is in Feralheart!

I wanted to give him some kind of hooves, but Siamese worked best to give him that dappled coat that deer have.  Close enough, I suppose.  It's been a long time since I've made a character, and it sure took me back!

Yesh stag mans!!!
I swear my most memorable FH moments was when a herd of about 20+ deer ran threw FIcho tunnels back in the day. That was way before the map update. I was hanging with the pokemon rpers when they ran threw jumping all over the place and ran into Fliourite.
To this day I can't get the scene of that outta my head. Back then FH was like a whole other world separate from ours. Where anything and I mean anything could happen. I miss those days.

Offline Saboomba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • Saboomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 08:13:02 pm »
That's a good idea, but even though it would look like a deer to me, to everyone else it would just look like a white blank.  That's how presets work, right?

No, that's what happens when someone doesn't have the marking pack. If they don't have your preset, they would simply see what your character looks like without the preset. If you don't bother to change that, it'll be default orange. But if you keep your current design, people will see that.

Offline Kingservant

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 11:34:31 pm »
Oh, I see!  Thanks!  Is there a way to make a preset starting with what my character looks like right now, or do I have to start from scratch?

-- Dr. S. M. Lockridge

Offline Saboomba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • Saboomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 11:37:02 pm »
You can find the markings you used within the FH folder (media > textures > markings)