Author Topic: How to stop seeing another character on the roof  (Read 2363 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
How to stop seeing another character on the roof
« on: September 15, 2018, 03:57:11 pm »
"Pancakes are on the house... No! Not literally!"

In maps where there are buildings(I can't remember if the same happens to caves), there's bound to be characters standing on/in the roof after the map finishes loading as you're arriving in the map.

When another character jumps into the air when standing beneath a low ceiling, they may glitch on/in the roof, so you see them on/in the roof, when on their screen their paws are on the floor. The same can happen after you arrive at a map, and others may even see you on/in the ceiling if the portal is below the ceiling. Correct me if I'm wrong.
So how do you see them standing on the ground again? The other character moves out of the building/cave and back then they'll be back on the ground, albeit temporarily if you have to re-log, but there's a simpler way.

Go to F3 mode by pressing the "F3" key on the keyboard, then press the plus(+) symbol a few times to increase the F3 speed, then press W, S, A or D and move the view away until the nametag isn't visible, then move the view closer until the nametags are back and voila! The other character will be standing on the ground(If the other person sees their character on the ground). If they glitch onto the roof again, repeat!

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Re: How to stop seeing another character on the roof
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 08:24:31 pm »
Oof, I never knew this! Thank you, FlyingGrass, for this interesting assessment. *o*
This is such a better method than logging in and out, over and over.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Flurr

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:20:46 pm »
Thank ya FlyingGrass for this awesome tutorial! This has happened to me many times and it gets pretty annoying. But now that you made this tutorial, its really helpful to me :D! Im sure this is gonna help many users.

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 12:26:29 am »
Ahh this is an old trick! I learnt this many moons ago. Before the newest patch when Bonfire Island was still around, we used to have to do that for smaller characters when they stood on the rock/ledge of the island on the cliff, because they'd slip into the mesh. And also trees were one too, when they stood against them and would end up on the top of them. Thank you for this tutorial on how to do it, though! I'm sure it'll help lots of users!

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 06:50:36 am »
Thank you, all! I'm glad this tutorial helps!

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:38:04 am »
I didn't know about this trick! Thanks for letting us know Gui <3

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox