Author Topic: FeralHeart Feedback  (Read 21154 times)

Cilantro

Re: FeralHeart Feedback
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 01:45:32 am »
Questions: How did you just find out about the block glitch when its been a thing since the start of the game? Why can't you tell us about the road map? Wouldn't that be a risky move to surprise us again? When will the moderators in training be promoted? Why are you making this thread if you are temporary? Will the troublesome and inactive mods/admins be demoted and replaced?

Concerns: Lag. My computer gets really hot when playing feral heart. Also the fact mods have been confirmed to watch movies while watching chat. Why not interact or step down if they are so bored?

Suggestions: Get rid of maps that no one uses. AKA the underwater one.

Other: I am not trying to be rude or pushy. We just need answers.

Calvary

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 02:21:01 am »

Question: Ever gonna consider making a road-map of things planned and ways you're going to go about them?

There is an outline for things to be done and worked on, however, what things in specific can't be elaborated on right now. :)

Thank you all for the feedback!

Since I'm really not sure how clear the community has to be in order for this to be understood, but I think Jango was implying a roadmap for the community to actually look at what's being done instead of keeping the community in the dark with these 'surprises' that we seem to constantly get. Just let the community know what you're working on instead of hiding it, truly. This is a constant thing and frankly? I don't know why it all has to be hidden from public view.

That's my suggestion. Create a roadmap for the community to look at.

Cilantro

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 02:40:42 am »

Question: Ever gonna consider making a road-map of things planned and ways you're going to go about them?

There is an outline for things to be done and worked on, however, what things in specific can't be elaborated on right now. :)

Thank you all for the feedback!

Since I'm really not sure how clear the community has to be in order for this to be understood, but I think Jango was implying a roadmap for the community to actually look at what's being done instead of keeping the community in the dark with these 'surprises' that we seem to constantly get. Just let the community know what you're working on instead of hiding it, truly. This is a constant thing and frankly? I don't know why it all has to be hidden from public view.

That's my suggestion. Create a roadmap for the community to look at.

Exactly! This!

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2020, 03:48:29 am »
Since I do not mind being harsh, I have to say this is comical. This is absolutely nothing to do with SpicyDirt either—I appreciate them making this as it is their attempt to connect with the community—but why the hell does this thread exist? There is an entire board dedicated to allowing users to voice their opinions and suggestions on both the forum and the game. The staff know what the community wants to see, and the continuous refusal to show give some explanation is embarrassing for those working on the team dedicating themselves to this dying game.

Having MOTS and others occasionally post threads like these (just as I have in the past) does not excuse the developers (whoever they may be now, lol)/staff/Raz lack of content and connect. We all have lives, but it is just sad that Raz cannot even allow his own staff team to just do some basic fixes, such as the block issue, etc. This is unsettling for those who have dedicated themselves to this game, whether they be former staff, staff, or regular players. So many people have voiced their opinions and still remain unheard.

My suggestion? Transparency, and maybe the ability to take some criticism. Stop thinking that those looking to find issues want to just destroy that false sense of power staff have. Get some new staff that want to think outside the box, or maybe talk to those old developers that moved on due to "creative differences" for some advice.

Also, probably is time to make Bloo, Iris, etc. full moderators. I think after almost a year they have enough experience taking care of the 100 max. users online at any given time.

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2020, 03:56:45 am »
Questions: How did you just find out about the block glitch when its been a thing since the start of the game? Why can't you tell us about the road map? Wouldn't that be a risky move to surprise us again? When will the moderators in training be promoted? Why are you making this thread if you are temporary? Will the troublesome and inactive mods/admins be demoted and replaced?

Concerns: Lag. My computer gets really hot when playing feral heart. Also the fact mods have been confirmed to watch movies while watching chat. Why not interact or step down if they are so bored?

I don't want to sound rude, but I COMPLETELY agree with this. I personally think Spicy deserves to post this, however, I do NOT like that MOTS get to be involved into staff related stuff. With our community being able to choose who we want as electives, you don't know who is getting picked. Which means, it's a risky thing. Staff do staff things, MOTS are elected to be looked up to and seen by many as someone who should be recognized for what they have done for the community. That doesn't mean they should be doing things staff get to do because that's the staffs job. And I also don't want to sound rude because I love the current staff, with many of them being my friends. BUt I have noticed, that they don't really come on. I've never heard about the movie thing or them being bored, but I do think we should rethink our choices a bit for who we choose and if we really want to commit to something, especially if we really want this game to be as big as we want it to be. Like I said, no hate, this is MY opinion and i'm saying it because I believe we need to realize this. Thank you for sharing you opinions, Cilantro. I don't think you're sending hate at all. I mean, this thread did ask for our opinions, so...

Siggy by danysaurus

Calvary

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 04:19:25 am »

I don't want to sound rude, but I COMPLETELY agree with this. I personally think Spicy deserves to post this, however, I do NOT like that MOTS get to be involved into staff related stuff. With our community being able to choose who we want as electives, you don't know who is getting picked. Which means, it's a risky thing. Staff do staff things, MOTS are elected to be looked up to and seen by many as someone who should be recognized for what they have done for the community. That doesn't mean they should be doing things staff get to do because that's the staffs job. And I also don't want to sound rude because I love the current staff, with many of them being my friends. BUt I have noticed, that they don't really come on. I've never heard about the movie thing or them being bored, but I do think we should rethink our choices a bit for who we choose and if we really want to commit to something, especially if we really want this game to be as big as we want it to be. Like I said, no hate, this is MY opinion and i'm saying it because I believe we need to realize this. Thank you for sharing you opinions, Cilantro. I don't think you're sending hate at all. I mean, this thread did ask for our opinions, so...
I think Faewyn, you're exactly right. However MOTS originally started doing staff duties while I was still on the team. I don't mind them making seasonal party posts and things like that, but MOTS are intended, or were intended, to bridge staff and community to create more transparency on where the game is going. MOTS were supposed to fill in the community on what staff plans are, and where the game is being taken, while also pitching ideas directly from the community to the staff team.

It seems, to be quite honest, MOTS has been turned into a handy-dandy tool for doing more work and still keeping things hushed down for more surprises. This isn't the way it should be used, to be quite honest. So let me make my Feedback more eccentric.

Questions: Why are plans still in the process or hidden? Why is staff not sharing the ideas with the community, and to be honest, why isn't the community voting on things to be prioritized for the game, or at least voted into as a project to work on? That way you get an idea on what the community wants to see next.

Concerns: MOTS has turned into a bit of a vip-club rather than the bridge between community and staff that was needed way back when. Everything still remains as a surprise or as a secret. I am afraid continuing down this path well end up as another 1.15 scenario. We all know how that went down.

Suggestions: Create a roadmap for the community on where the game plans to be taken, stop being hush-hush about plans, and allow MOTS to share plans with the community and also showcase their ideas.

Other: I think I covered that enough. Alpha is exactly right.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 04:54:47 am »
tbh I can see why plans for future updates are kept a secret until they are released. Consider this scenario:

Game A decides to add an awesome new feature the likes of which the world hasn't seen.
Game A decides to announce the upcoming feature on their forum etc.
Game B (a rival) sees it on Game A's forum/website and thinks (we can gain an advantage if we implement it first)
Game B has a larger dev team, so they implement the new feature first and puts Game A out of business
The End

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 04:58:32 am »
Uh, people don't necessarily want transparency about future updates. This is about people wanting to know why FH is doing downhill, why staff aren't active, why there are not new staff, why Raz ignores everything here anymore, etc. That is honestly ridiculous if you guys are turning it into a competition against another server.

Also, I don't think something as simple as fixing staff tools and the kick system is that "game-changing" enough for another game to steal it... lmao. If another server is going to steal anything, it's the recommendations given by the community that this game tends to ignore.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 05:03:08 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2020, 04:59:07 am »
or there is nothing to put onto the roadmap, and it's easier to have the guise of 'things are happening' if no one is allowed beyond the curtain.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 05:03:47 am »
What makes you think that Raz just ignores all of you AlphaEclipse? Just because he doesn't say anything doesn't mean he doesn't care. If he didn't care, then why did he hire xSpirit to make an update?

Also, if he didn't care he could've just shut the whole game down years ago.