Author Topic: What in game/forum events would YOU like to see?  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
What in game/forum events would YOU like to see?
« on: June 16, 2020, 03:09:05 pm »
We all know most of our current events, Movie Nights, Parties a few times a year, etc etc, but what do you, as the community, wish to see take place event wise? This post will give you all the chance to write what YOU think would be good events for the game!

What event(s) would you like to see and why?:
Has this event been done on FeralHeart before, or do you know any old events that should make a comeback?:
What could we do to spice up current events?:
Should we have more forum specific events?:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:17:11 pm by Lark »

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: What in game/forum events would YOU like to see?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 03:26:57 pm »
Wonderful thread idea, Larky.

Personally I've always loved the seasonal in-game events, but I do remember the preset contests that happened pretty often, they were definitely fun ones. Also the Feralheart Roleplay day, it was always one of my favourite events. And of course, the classic movie nights.

There were quite a number of different events in the past many years, but those are a few I'd love to see make a return in the future if possible.

I think coming up with new event ideas would be good though, to spice things up a bit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:28:52 pm by Forsythia »

Offline Silvestria

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • HiddenDeception
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 03:48:13 pm »
What event(s) would you like to see and why?: Personally, I would love to see roleplay days and movie nights make a comeback. I feel like these kinds of events are great at getting people together for some fun and might even encourage more in-game activity.

Has this event been done on FeralHeart before, or do you know any old events that should make a comeback?: Both events have previously done.

Thank you for this thread Lark!

Offline faewyn

• Lady of the Forest
  • Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ᓚᘏᗢ embean
    • f-a-e-w-y-n
    • emxlybeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 06:21:48 pm »

What event(s) would you like to see and why?: BIRTHDAY parties, events in maps where we talk about the year(closing of the year) or like, about certain things coming up. A get together where staff members and MOTS can speak to the community in-game. We should have a community plaza map where we could get together. I also agree with more movie nights and roleplay get-togethers. Parkour events where we can all do parkour. Relating to birthday parties, more celebration parties in general?
Has this event been done on FeralHeart before, or do you know any old events that should make a comeback?: Not really sure but movie nights, roleplay get-togethers have been done before.
What could we do to spice up current events?: Have more maps made specifically for them.
Should we have more forum specific events?: Not sure..

Siggy by danysaurus

SpicyDirt

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 06:30:27 pm »
What event(s) would you like to see and why?: I'm actually going to agree with Faewyn on the MOTS/Staff meetings with the community! I feel like this could be a lot of fun! We could roleplay, chat, or even have a bit of a Q and A with the community!

Has this event been done on FeralHeart before, or do you know any old events that should make a comeback?: I don't believe that the meetings have been a thing before - but I would love to see some old events like movie night and preset contests to come back!

What could we do to spice up current events?: N/A~

Should we have more forum specific events?: Yes - getting people to use the forums and get comfortable around them could prove to be crucial to this community. Most feedback/questions/suggestions and such are all generally hosted on the forums, so having people have to come to the forums for some events could help us get people using the forums more in general.

Offline DylanCheetah

• The Ice Prince
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • Stand up for what is right!
    • DylanCheetah
    • channel/UCqd67NThdXJwpXimwYb3kaQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 07:17:08 pm »
What event(s) would you like to see and why?:
A Thanksgiving-like event similar to the FH Appreciation Day event I held privately a while back.

Has this event been done on FeralHeart before, or do you know any old events that should make a comeback?:
N/A

More staff/community interaction. Get to know the staff better as people.

yes

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 07:31:06 pm »
Video contest could come back, i guess?
Not sure about how to do the other things.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 08:16:18 pm »
what event(s) would you like to see and why?: maybe a sporadically timed day that's just for sitting down with two or three mods and doing a q+a day. give us a week's worth of warning in advance and it'll be a blast.
has this event been done on FeralHeart before, or do you know any old events that should make a comeback?:
those two consecutive days where day one was you rp a dog and howled a cherika and day two when where you rp'd as a feline and roared at kwimbi? that slapped full  s t o p .
what could we do to spice up current events?: longer times. i feel like every time an event is hosted i always work or have some event over top of it. i understand mods don't wanna moderate for 6+ hours but we do have a bigger team rn, so.. maybe some time tradeoffs are in order.
should we have more forum specific events?: sure thing. dunno what they'd be about, though. i'm leaving that up to community-based brains around here.
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 05:12:11 am »
Really good ideas so far guys! Hopefully some of these will be considered!

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 06:09:31 pm »
A day where all veterans (or people who assume they know the game in and out) take time to go out in the game and teach the new people about feral heart, and the possibilities there are. Guide them around the maps and whatever they may be asking about. It's a way to welcome new faces, and hopefully turn noobs into upcoming veterans.
I remember one time I took a new player out on a journey with me, making sure he had a great time on this game. I teach the person to download items and maps, and we ended up venturing to Sky's Rim's top.

Probably not the best idea ever but it's something. :P
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 06:11:15 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like