Author Topic: Registration?  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Nephrite

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • nephriite
    • View Profile
Registration?
« on: August 15, 2016, 12:21:37 am »
Now I realize that registration has always been a bit... exclusive. However, there has been a noticeable decline in activity in game, and with a fresh, brand-new update, I think this would be a great opportunity to open registration for a while!

I think once the new update has been settled into a bit, and the site work has been finished for the most part, opening registration for a week could allow a fresh breath of air into our site. I kind of miss the activity there used to be; when I first joined, there would be (on average) 800 players on at any given time, and when there used to be about 250+ people in FP... not that our Grounds could sustain that much at this point. xD Roleplays would be easier to sustain, as players wouldn't go inactive as much, and there would be a bunch of new friends to make! ;o; Even if there weren't as many people as there once was, it would be nice to see new people.

Anyways, what does everyone else think? Would you like to see some new players, or do you prefer a quiet FH?

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Registration?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:26:54 am »
Well the problem with leaving registration open for that long is the huge amount of people that would join and end up bringing the servers down. Honestly I like the slower FH. There just isn't a huge amount of people on at once that would lag me to death.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 12:32:18 am »
I think this is a good idea. It would help people make friends and socialize more, but I like quiet FH more because unusually I go on Feralheart to just relax, and it wouldn't be as crowded.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 01:02:41 am »
A nice sounding idea, however I remember it being said before that when registration had been freely open, most of the accounts being made were second accounts and/or spam accounts. At least it's what I heard, I could be wrong though. Even if registration was freely open again, the influx of players would be generally the same. If a new player really wanted an account, then they'd be willing to sit around and watch for an opening in registration. Not saying that there aren't some people who are to impatient and/or frustrated by it, but if someone really needs to make an account, then I'm sure they'd get one no matter the wait. Arctic made a good point too. The more players, the more stress on the servers. The more lag and crashing. And for a smaller game like this, having more than a couple thousand players would call for larger/more servers. Also, if you think of MMO's out there with a large span of players, such as WoW or CSgo or whatnot, there is often a large company/cooperation behind them with a full time staff to manage and run the game, something a smaller game like Feral Heart lacks. Not that it's bad in any way, considering our staffers do an excellent job with managing this game, but more players do mean a lot more work, at least from a proffeasional standpoint.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 01:05:45 am by Kynvuu »
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 01:03:24 am »
Honestly, we'd love to see more players now that we've got (and are getting) new maps to spread out into.

Buuut, for now, registration is halted entirely because of site work.
http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57103.msg780132#msg780132

Because we updated the forum, this also means Raz needs to rebuild a few things in the back end of the server so registration can work properly alongside the update. It's going to take some time, unfortunately, but there will be far fewer bugs (fewer glitched accounts, etc.) once this project is complete. After this, registration will resume its normal running, where we were getting an average of 600+ new users per month. That should help our daily activity, as well as welcome in new players.

Thank you guys for your patience with us during these transitional times. We really appreciate y'all.

Add-on: As far as the influx of players goes, I don't think that would become too much of an issue on the servers once registration re-opens, even if it were open 24/7 again.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||