Author Topic: \\Submissions Textures//  (Read 8603 times)

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
\\Submissions Textures//
« on: January 20, 2017, 02:18:29 am »
\\Here is where you can add your screenshots of your texture creations!//
Map Submissions || Mesh Submissions || Texture Submissions (you are here!)

Post a reply to this thread, with your screenshots added in it!

Your examples should include clear screenshots and download links so that staff may review your work.

Your examples MUST be your work only!

Take note that the submissions made in this thread are simply to serve as examples of your skills. The submissions are not intended for the patch itself.

We're only looking for textures for the game (such as meshes, rocks, trees), not preset textures.

You may make as many submissions as you'd like.

There is no deadline for submissions as of yet.

The staff will contact you if we believe your work fits in with the style, and needs, we're seeking for the game.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 08:53:54 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline FreakAccident

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • http://tophatlady.deviantart.com
    • TortDoll
    • FilthyDrood
    • View Profile
    • Primitive Call
Re: \\Submissions Textures//
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 05:27:02 am »
Why Presets??
- Because the way I make my presets is different than some. I hand-make a lot of the fur, effects, eyes, wounds, bones - you name it.

These Presets....
- These ones in particular I have worked on texturing/hand-making a lot of what you're looking at.

Experience....
- I went to college for Graphic Design

Other Stuff??
 Yeah sure, I can texture other things, no, I don't have other examples right now.
- P.S: Yes, I actually do, but they're not finished and no good artist should show on display an unfinished piece, otherwise you might get: I thought it'd be better , type-of-reactions.

BONUS

I've done some.... editing. GFX ONLY apply to these.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:31:40 am by FreakAccident »
No, I'm not new.
DeviantArt | TopHatLady
Connection Issues? Click me!
Sig By Arborath

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Admin
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 05:32:03 am »
Why Presets??

We said textures so what we mean is just general in game textures ^^ That could be textures for terrain, trees, rocks, etc

So long as they are your creation. Not presets ^^

Offline FreakAccident

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • http://tophatlady.deviantart.com
    • TortDoll
    • FilthyDrood
    • View Profile
    • Primitive Call
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:37:42 am »
Why Presets??

We said textures so what we mean is just general in game textures ^^ That could be textures for terrain, trees, rocks, etc

So long as they are your creation. Not presets ^^

I would just like to ask why presets would not be considered as 'textured work' or 'your own work', if someone makes them from scratch (including fur textures), wouldn't it be their own or?? Also, the same techniques would be used on terrain things, just... well, being terrain things instead of 'fur' or 'preset' things. Not trying to argue, I just really want to know why presets would not qualify as 'texture work', since, in fact, presets are just texture work (depending on how you make them, not just overylaying and coloring, would achieve such a 'textured' work). Sorry for late response by the way....!!

P.S: Wouldn't a terrain texture merely be a rock texture, or grass, or merely blended/manipulated, like a photomanipulation, while presets are genuinely textured to have even more detail (if you do your fur yourself, or skin for example)?? This all depends on the person and their technique/skill, of course.
No, I'm not new.
DeviantArt | TopHatLady
Connection Issues? Click me!
Sig By Arborath

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:41:19 am »

I would just like to ask why presets would not be considered as 'textured work' or 'your own work', if someone makes them from scratch (including fur textures), wouldn't it be their own or?? Also, the same techniques would be used on terrain things, just... well, being terrain things instead of 'fur' or 'preset' things. Not trying to argue, I just really want to know why presets would not qualify as 'texture work', since, in fact, presets are just texture work (depending on how you make them, not just overylaying and coloring, would achieve such a 'textured' work). Sorry for late response by the way....!!

P.S: Wouldn't a terrain texture merely be a rock texture, or grass, or merely blended/manipulated, like a photomanipulation, while presets are genuinely textured to have even more detail (if you do your fur yourself, or skin for example)?? This all depends on the person and their technique/skill, of course.

We only mean to say that we're interested in looking for examples relating to textures of the game. There's nothing wrong with presets, it's only that we're only looking for textures for in-game meshes, rocks, trees, etc., at the moment. Your submission should reflect the creation you've made which also has to do with in-game textures, so if you want to submit, we just want to see what you can do, texture-wise, with what you are submitting for. The idea is to see what you can do with topic above, as that is what we're looking for.  c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 12:55:06 am »
I'd love to help out with texture stuff if you need it!
and I'm fairly easy to get hold of through Deviantart, tumblr or Discord.

However I do have University coming up next winter and at current most of my mod work is built in my free time around college and other work.(The largest portion of my free time usually being either weekends or term breaks.)
So I'm not sure how useful I'd be if you have deadlines to meet (Although I'm sure we can work something out), but I do GUI texture work as you probably know(Examples of them at bottom of post) and I can also texture most things.

(I'm also good with roughing out design concepts before making anything, so I'm willing to work back and forth on ideas before jumping in head first on something<3)

The best example of my texture ability however is probably my Nexus map where I created and modified a lot of my own textures to suit the purpose. Such as the floor textures, that red crystalline texture on the statues and the animated textures on the running signs.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/qeM_JRwte0g (A video)

Although due to Nexus not currently being a publicly released map, I can not post the download link publicly, but I would be happy to provide staff a download link privately if you would like to see the textures in game in person <3

My textures largely are a mix of real photo texture and drawn/digitally painted, which gives them a more cartoon like look. (Examples are the blue grid flooring used in my Tetra GUI, and one of the floor textures in Nexus (The large metal panels) )

I also do mesh re-textures although the extent of that at the moment is critters for IT servers, but I'd be more than happy to try my hand at texturing trees and rocks and so on.
[/b]
GUI Work Examples - Scorched (Current WIP)

Neon Tetra -

I'm also experimenting with markings at the moment, seeing what design is and is not possible with them. (Although this sweatshirt is the only set I've done so far!)

Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline Afrus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:51:52 am »

Animated textures/materials. I like to use softer manipulations to create a painted look. I can animate anything on anything.

Files
https://www.mediafire.com/?xeqfb1ax3t51vo5

Wolf-Worms

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 04:55:02 am »
Not too much to show off here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I haven't done a lot of actual texturing for objects, I usually just swap textures for others when I need them. I work more with presets and such. I've done quite a bit of retexturing for IT critters and items though, but I don't have access to most of those anymore.

Most of my textures resemble my art style - either super clean or super messy.
Definitely the best example of what I'm capable of. The texture was painted from scratch but made in the same style as the original

A retex of the floating island because I really wasn't fond of the original..
The textures don't line up, but I know I could work something out to make it smoother. The UV map on this thing is infuriating.

Mushroom ! not much to say. Again, painted from scratch

Wood? I don't know how to show this off, the texture isn't the highest quality and it's quite blurry. Painted from scratch

A simple grass retexture, not very impressive :P

Item retextures!

https://www.mediafire.com/?rtkan6h15cp6c8q hopefully everything is in there
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:26:28 pm by Wolf-Worms »

Offline Radisho

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Gimme some fries with that shake
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 12:29:34 am »
~Submission~
Hello! My name is Radisho. I've put together some simple rock textures for my submission.

GREENROCK ( a basic, jade-coloredish rock)

SPACEROCK (meteor looking rock)
[

RAINBOWROCK (a rainbow-hued rock. If i could put some glow effects, this would be pretty rad)

SAPPHIRE GEODE (accidentally mixed some colors but I love it)

Thank you for your consideration!

EDIT 7/14/17: I will be adding some bark textures soon, and some ground textures. I'm working on mud, stone, and a sandy-type ground texture. I don't know when the winners will be announced, but I hope I can get them in before that. I might be using my other account, Chimaera, but not sure yet.

Hopefully winners will be decided soon! So looking forward to this <3
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:37:47 am by Radisho »

I'm not even sure what I'm doing here.

Offline cozyyote

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • owo what's this?
    • cozyyote
    • cozyyote
    • @cozyyote
    • View Profile
    • Telegram Art Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 07:16:34 pm »
- editing later possibly, to add works -

What I know: I know how to draw out textures and the sizes appropriate for the mesh, I also know how to make the textures seem a lot more sharp, instead of blurriness.
What I am planning on doing: I have yet to create, but I am planning on making a mottled grass/dirt terrain with splotches of grass on the surface. I might make different variations of this texture.

What I don't know: I'm not the best with coding, or creating new textures all together. I can replace old textures, sure, but I can't seem to make a new one.

My Deviantart: www.agrumpyaussie.deviantart.com

*The computer I'm at doesn't have my files on it, so I will be updating this tonight if I can.*